• Welcome to PS4Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Xbox One outsells PlayStation 4 in US for December

KMJ_84

The Xbox One outsold the PlayStation 4 last month in the US, the NPD Group has revealed. Microsoft's latest gaming system sold 908,000 units in December, making it the best-selling console in the US market.

Additionally, 643,000 Xbox 360 units were moved during the period.

"We're grateful for the excitement and support of our fans – many purchasing their next Xbox console and many joining the Xbox family for the first time," said Xbox marketing executive Yusuf Mehdi.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a544616/xbox-one-outsells-playstation-4-in-us-for-december.html

I'm not that surprised by this, purely because the PS4 had limited stock levels compared to the Xbox One

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
The supply of XBOne was definitely higher. Though there are still people seeking out PS4s. Wonder how the numbers will fare when the stock levels begin to rise.

dannyboy

Once there are more PS4's in stock, i feel that PS4 will surge ahead in the sales. It is still very early right now. But then again i am really not concerned about the sales competition going on.

turklife

There a lot more Xbox One's in stock so that is probably the reason for this. I do expect the sales to be neck and neck though, so if PS4 was up before it would make sense that Xbox One would get a little closer to that.

SIPPY1988

Once there are more ps4 games more people will start to buy it. There's not a lot out there at this moment in time

Henry

The Playstation 4 is a way more sohisticated and refined console- so I think it's weird that the Xbox is outselling it. Maybe it's just a marketing tactic the companies have agreed upon.

Get Connected With PS4Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!