• Welcome to PS4Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

What was your favorite PS1-PS3 game ever made?

WarriorSoldier

I loved the first Madden games on PS1. I felt awesome being able to play football with pro teams and basically control the field myself. It was beautiful and I cannot even fathom how I cannot explain that feeling.

SpaceTiger

Yeah, i remember the Crash games, really good, just never really got alot of them..:/
The Crash games were easy to get into, everyone vibes on them heavily--myself included--because they were vibrant and great looking at the time, but they didn't have the difficulty of Spyro and especially Tomba.

Ghost_of_Crash

My games had some difficulty to them :( It wasn't Nintendo Hard or difficult like Tomba, Spyro, or early Tomb Raider, but it was kinda there. Why do you dislike Crash, SpaceTiger?

robbiepayne97

I liked the Crash games but I liked Spyro more. I mean, the first ever Spyro the Dragon was my first ever video game (September, 1998) and I got that game for Christmas of 1998 and I played Spyro the Dragon nonstop for days back then. I loved that game so much and I still do now! I love all the Spyro games, especially the original series. I'm a huge Spyro fan and sometimes I draw pics of him. :)

Last edited:

Haymansafc

This really is a very tough one. For the PS1 and PS2 it would have to be a toss up between Tomb Radier’s 1 & 2, Resident Evil 2 and Silent Hill 2. I loved all four and lost count of the amount of times I've completed them. I have so many happy memories - far too many to list.

To this day, I rate Silent Hill 2 as a mammoth 10/10 game and was my favourite overall game until The Last Of Us come along and just about took it's crown.

TOCA 1 & 2 and Gran Turismo 1 & 2 would also rate up towards the top of the list too.

For the PS3 unsurprisingly then, it has to be The Last Of Us. One of the final games I'm likely to complete on the console since I had it almost from launch will no doubt turn out to be the best. It really is a case of 'saving the best until last'.

lupitabaires

For the PS3 unsurprisingly then, it has to be The Last Of Us. One of the final games I'm likely to complete on the console since I had it almost from launch will no doubt turn out to be the best. It really is a case of 'saving the best until last'.
My friend just recommended this to me, and I can't wait to play this. It sounds pretty awesome.

I totally agree about Tomb Raider 1 and 2 and Resident Evil 2. We have similar taste! :)

lindbergh

Okay, I'll just give you a list of my favorite games per console.

PS1
-Xenogears
-Vagrant Story
-Metal Gear Solid
-Chrono Cross
-Syphon Filter
-Silent Hill
-Resident Evil
-Final Fantasy

PS2
-Okami
-Rogue Galaxy
-Shadow of the Colossus
-Metal Gear Solid 3
-Ico
-Tekken 5

PS3
-Ni No Kuni
-MGS4
-Uncharted
-The Last of Us
-Tomb Raider
-Tekken Tag Tournament 2

SpaceTiger

Okay, I'll just give you a list of my favorite games per console.

PS1
-Xenogears
-Vagrant Story
-Metal Gear Solid
-Chrono Cross
-Syphon Filter
-Silent Hill
-Resident Evil
-Final Fantasy

PS2
-Okami
-Rogue Galaxy
-Shadow of the Colossus
-Metal Gear Solid 3
-Ico
-Tekken 5

PS3
-Ni No Kuni
-MGS4
-Uncharted
-The Last of Us
-Tomb Raider
-Tekken Tag Tournament 2
I honestly should've done a list. I love lists...and this is a pretty good one, especially for PSX and PS2.

mauricioq

I totally agree with you, the Spyro series were awesome, I loved playing it when I was younger!
But I liked Ratchet and Clank even more! :D

SS42A

I've always loved the Tenchu games for PS1 and PS2. I love playing as Tatsumaru in Tenchu 2, especially in the levels where he joins the Burning Dawn and kills Carcer City Police...er, I mean, Gohda soldiers with lethal efficiency. Tenchu 3 for PS2 is also good in gameplay as well, especially when playing as Tesshu in scenes where he must kill Gohda's guards to find Rikimaru. As for Rikimaru, his bonus level "Through the Portal" almost reminds me of Rockstar's game Manhunt where he slays security guards or "rent-a-cops."

mark

The Tekken series was awesome! I used to play a lot of Tekken 5, after playing Mortal Kombat at school. The graphics were obviously much better on Tekken than on MK, and it felt better and easier with the controls too.

SpaceTiger

I can give the thumbs up for Tekken, They were groundbreaking for the time. I still remember going to play it over a friend's house for the first time.

Get Connected With PS4Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!