• Welcome to PS4Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

What Is Your Favorite PS3 Game?

TheViper

I am trying to build my PS3 game collection. What better way to build it then to see what others consider their favorites. The only games I have right now are either CoD or GTA. I guess that accounts for like five games then!

So, what are you guys favorites?

What do you recommend I should pick up?

Last edited:

Haze

Well, my favourite game of all time (apart from San Andreas) is Red Dead Redemption.

If you're talking exclusives, then you can't go wrong with the Uncharted series, God of War series, Killzone 2+3, Resistance series.

If we're talking cross platform, then there are tons!

RaggaJungle

I am the same with CoD and GTA. Those are the two games I play most. I've been meaning to buy some more but my budget says no for now. I think my next game purchase will be for GTA5

DrRipley

I am the same with CoD and GTA. Those are the two games I play most. I've been meaning to buy some more but my budget says no for now. I think my next game purchase will be for GTA5
Same here, I can't wait for it to come out. I'm already even mentally preparing myself for the usual awe I expect to get when I first play a GTA game. :D As for recommendations for OP, I'd agree with everything Haze mentioned, especially God of War. I'd recommend Mortal Kombat 9 as well, its story mode was surprisingly exceptional and the fighting bit is not too shabby as well of course, very very entertaining and it's one of my favorites.

BlackSolaris

Professional Escapologist
Oh man, so many great games! I won't even refer to Metal Gear Solid 4 to make it easier and just go with the ones that come in the top of my head:

- Demon Souls
- Nier
- Infamous
- Little Big Planet
- 3d dot game heroes

TheViper

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have heard of Red Dead Redemption and it looks like a great game. Little Big Planet doesn't seem all that good to me. Infamous looks nice and have seen the trailer. I will look more into those titles soon.

xxfearless

Nier is a great game. The graphics aren't necessarily the best, but the story is immersive and the music used in the game is absolutely beautiful. Red Dead Redemption is really fun as well; didn't think I'd like it much at first, but it's one of the games I've ended up playing the most of.

Also great:
- Heavy Rain (not a lot of heavy gameplay, but great story and atmosphere)
- Journey (a PSN game, and really one of the best games I've played)
- Bioshock Infinite (cross-platform, but really great)

sinailori101

If you thought I was going to leave out Metal Gear Solid:Snake Eater from this list, then you are kidding me LoL.

Kane and Lynch, Grand Theft Auto and Pro Evolution Soccer.

This are just my top four out of a whole lot.

maurovis

I have to say God of War and GTA. I've also been playing a soccer game recently that's called PES2013 and I have to say that I'm really enjoying it. It's a nice change from EA's Fifa line that in my opinion has been pretty much the same with very few changes in the last few years.

TheCourier

Fallout: New Vegas is my favorite PS3 game. I've only had a PS3 for a few months, but I doubt I find another series I like as much as Fallout. (I love post-apocalyptic stuff and sci-fi.) Before I started it, I had not played an open world exploration game, so it really impressed me. I was so immersed that hours and days flew by and I really couldn't believe I had gotten that absorbed into it. I soon followed NV up with Fallout 3, but couldn't quite get into it as well because so many little things were different. But I am going to give it another good shot at some point.

Takala32

My favorite ps3 game has to be the uncharted series. I have never played a game with such great game-play and it has amazing graphics. If you have not tried out the uncharted sereies, do yourself a favor and go buy one. You will not be dissapointed.

ozadin

Borderlands 2. I feel like this is my favorite game for all consoles. I'm not a fan of replaying, but I just replayed it yesterday. I played Salvador, the Gunzerker, and I enjoyed it very much. The first guy I played was Zer0, I feel that's what everyone played as their first character because he's a pure badass, but replaying it was still very fun.

Haribo

I am trying to build my PS3 game collection. What better way to build it then to see what others consider their favorites. The only games I have right now are either CoD or GTA. I guess that accounts for like five games then!

So, what are you guys favorites?

What do you recommend I should pick up?
If you like driving games then you need to get Blur. It is an incredibly addictive game and the online multiplayer can eat up whole days. Online play on games like GT5 and NFS can be a bit dry and boring with lots of waiting around. But Blur is so fun. It was released a good 3 or 4 years ago but there is still a hard core of about 400 people who play online.

It can be picked up for £5 used too.

lindbergh

There are so many PS3 games that are amazing. Here are my favorites:
- Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
- Batman: Arkham series
- Uncharted Series
- Final Fantasy XIII
- God of War series
- Tomb Raier
- Mortal Kombat
- Tekken
- Gran Turismo

These games would set you up for a long time.

cool20092

My favourite Ps3 game has to be Battlefield 3. This game has taken hours and hours of my life away.I dont know what I would do without BF3. I like other games like COD, but bf3 is the best. You should definetly add it to your collection.

dannyboy

My favorite game is Smackdown vs Raw 13. I am a huge wrestling fan so that is a game that I like playing. I liked all the tweaks and additions that they made to the game. I enjoy most of the different game modes and the roster looks great. I also like playing Madden 13 on there also.

BilboSwaggins

Probably Just Cause 2. It's definitely not the best and most technically perfect game ever made, but it offers an incredible amount of fun. It's so much more enjoyable than the rest of the conventional military shooter genre.

Ebib

I personally love Journey. It's such a stunning and beautiful game! The music is fantastic and the atmosphere and
journey you go on while playing is just, I've never had a gaming experience like it. The art direction is simply amazing,
I've never played a more beautiful game. I really do recommend it for anyone.

Get Connected With PS4Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!