• Welcome to PS4Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

What do you Expect for Kingdom Hearts 3?

Thread starter #1
I know alot of people are excited about this game, but what are you expecting out of Kingdom Hearts 3?Do you think its going to be the best game of the series, or a game released quickly just to make some quick money. Ill be buying it either way even if I hear negative revies.

Last edited:

Ersatz

Well, I don't know for sure how long they've been working on it, but there's certainly been a lot of time since the last ones -- so they could have definitely put a lot of work into it to make it awesome. There was also the Japan-exclusive KH title a few years back that looked amazing, though of course I didn't get a chance to play it.

I don't know that I'm necessarily expecting it to be the best in the series, but I suspect it'll be a very strong title. Even Chain of Memories was quite good despite the wonky combat system, and I look forward to playing the new version in KH1.5. But, yeah, all I really want from KH3: An interesting story, creative new worlds, enjoyable game play. I don't need it to be revolutionary, I just need it to be competent.

Aside from the new Disney worlds that we would be visiting and the upgraded graphics that they would be incorporating, I hope that they would tweak the combat system. The past Kingdom Hearts games felt like simple button mashers. It required little to no strategy at all. If Square would be able to fix this, it would be up there with the greats.

Ersatz

I would be interested in a revamped combat system. They did some interesting things with KH2 in regards to the reaction commands etc., but the attacks felt on the whole too overpowered. KH2 was a little too "easy" overall, I feel, but it made up for it in fantastic story (especially the characters...Axel is possibly my favorite game character of all time).

Joel

I really want this experience to have something full and satisfying not just with the main quest, but also the side quest. There's a lot of stuff that the KH universe pushed out to us and we're still not sure what to think of it. What will happen in the Cloud, Tifa, Sephiroth story. There's so many heartless, are there anymore Nobodies around. We know that there could be tons of various side stories, side quests, and I felt like the gummy ship battles were better in KH2, more in KH3? Who knows, can't wait to see it.

So excited and ready for this game! My original KH games are getting harder and harder to play, as my PS2 is always threatening to crap out on me. I don't have backwards-compatibility with my PS3, so I'm definitely looking forward to a new KH game! I've been keeping tabs on it every few months to check on their progress, and I really think they've had plenty of time to make this game awesome. The other ones have been very well done, and with a new PS system coming out, I'm holding them up to a high standard and assuming they are going to release something very PS4 worthy. Let's hope I'm right!

I am very excited about this game and I can't wait until it comes out. I love this series and I expect even better gameplay than the others. I hope I'm not disappointed with this game when I start playing. I love all the games I have played in this series and I have been waiting patiently for the next one in the series.

Having seen the first gameplay trailer I'm really expecting a lot of elements to be included from Disney's theme parks. I loved the big thunder mountain train coated in the lights from the main street electrical parade.

I would like to see them push things a bit more. Some minor upgrades to the battle mechanics, new characters, and a little more story since this is the ending of Sora's tale in the series. If this is going to be the character's send off I'd like them to really work on making the plot epic. Maybe even a little online element, I always wanted more co-op or multiplayer in Kingdom Hearts.

I would be interested in a revamped combat system. They did some interesting things with KH2 in regards to the reaction commands etc., but the attacks felt on the whole too overpowered. KH2 was a little too "easy" overall, I feel, but it made up for it in fantastic story (especially the characters...Axel is possibly my favorite game character of all time).
I feel that, building the game on a different engine, will mean that they will have the ability to do all these things.

Get Connected With PS4Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!