• Welcome to PS4Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

What cool new RPG's should I be waiting for?

Fiverr Exposed

I'm suuuuuuuuuper late in the RPG department, *just* now getting Final Fantasy XIII last year (finally beat it), and the sequel XIII-2 a few months after that (still unbeaten though). Those kinda got me back in to RPG's and I'm really thankful.

But now it's 2014, and I wanna know what new one is on the horizon. I used to be semi-hardcore in gaming, I had subscriptions to Gamepro and Electronic Gaming Monthly back in the day, but uh, I got older and started liking girls. :)

I'm not into Warcraft-style games, mainly your FInal Fantasy's, Dragon Warriors, Paladin's Quests, those types. Any one worth getting that you know about?

CpmPanda

For Playstation 3 I can give you a few epic ones. First, Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen, beast game with tons of replay value AND the online aspect is so damn good! Seriously, I've played hours of this game. You get a Pawn and they are basically an AI party member. You can customize them and make them whatever class you want. Another one is Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning but it's more Dragon Age: Origins-esque, but still fun.

For PS4, though nothing has really been said about this just yet; Cyberpunk 2077. This game should be epic and is definitely on my personal watch list. Then there is Destiny, I don't know too much about this game other than what's been seen in the trailer but it looks beautiful, huge and fun. Now, I love the Dragon Age franchise and this game is my ALL TIME FAVORITE RPG EVER. That's saying something, cause I LOVE Final Fantasy games (Oh and my top 3 fav rpg is Legends of Dragoon) but yeah, Dragon Age: Inquisition is a must watch too. I hear it's going to be gigantic.

Then we got Kingdom Hearts 3, I only played the first one so I can't say much about it but it's another famous rpg franchise. The Witcher 3 is coming too, Witcher 2 was beautiful but I'm not sure if it's Xbox exclusive or not. Last but not least, a new rpg game that I just barely heard about a few weeks ago; Deep Down. It looks amazing as hell...also...

It seems to be the sequel to Dragons Dogma but I can't really say, nor does anyone else think it. I think it is because it's made by Capcom, so was Dogma, and it has TWO D's in the title and there are Dragons in the game.

Fiverr Exposed

So do you know what happens to the Dragon Warrior games? Did they just cease development and move on to something else? I forgot what number they got up to, the last one I remember is 4.

I heard about Kingdom Hearts, seen it in stores I believe but never played it.

Just checked out Dragons Dogma, and I didn't know it was produced by Capcom! I will have to check that one out too, because their games are known to have a great control system. Thanks for the tips.

CaptainWaits

So do you know what happens to the Dragon Warrior games? Did they just cease development and move on to something else? I forgot what number they got up to, the last one I remember is 4.
Dragon Quest VIII was considered a Dragon Warrior sequeal I believe (there was a Dragon Warrior 6 and 7 too I think). There was one more on the DS or something I think too. Haven't heard or seen anything from it since.

I loved DQVIII, they need to continue the series

SpaceTiger

Really? You stopped at IV? The last one on a PlayStation console was VIII--which was really good. Dragon Quest (Warrior)'s older games were remade for DS and the last main series game--DQIX was released on DS. DQX is an MMO on the Wii, Wii U, and PC. I think it's on mobile as well.

Fiverr Exposed

Really? You stopped at IV? The last one on a PlayStation console was VIII--which was really good. Dragon Quest (Warrior)'s older games were remade for DS and the last main series game--DQIX was released on DS. DQX is an MMO on the Wii, Wii U, and PC. I think it's on mobile as well.
The bad part is that I never really played the ones after the first one. I got that for Christmas or my birthday long time ago (can't remember which one). But I did see the pics and heard that they steadily got better, and that IV was one of the best.

A couple of months ago I booted up the first one and played all the way through it over a week or so. It was still kinda fun. I considered buying the other ones off eBay but never pursued that idea.

Tomba

I'd say VII (on PS1), VIII (on PS2), and IX (on DS) were the absolute best. IV and V were extremely good as well.

SharknadoShane

I am a huge fan of RPG games, but mainly the old top down turn based games, such as the early FF, Chrono Trigger, and Breath of Fire games. Top 3 being probably FF3 (6), Chrono Trigger, and FF5, just because they were the games that really got me into the RPG genre.

sidd230

The only games I am waiting for come from the same development house. Guess who? Seriously. Guys, guess the games I am waiting for.

The Unlosing Ranger

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger
You should be playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Demon's Souls and Dark Souls while you wait for Dark Souls 2... all on PS3.

No RPGs on PS4 anytime soon, it seems like, but there's Cyberpunk and Final Fantasy XV to be released someday...

Tomba

PS4 is guaranteed to have RPGs (a mixture of JRPGs and western RPGs). Dark Souls is en route, but I've found the more I'm anticipating something to get here by mail the longer it takes.

New games announced by a revived LJN?
Why must you bring up LJN or Acclaim? That's slightly bastardy.

daimashin

For the PS4, I highly say that you should be on the lookout for The Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition. The Witcher is like one of the best RPGs out there and Dragon Age has some really awesome details released. Both are releasing this year so it's going to be a great year for RPG fans.

omega man

Aaahhhhhhh RPGS,,,,, er hang on.. I love them, RIGHT guys,why isn't skyrim mentioned at all here?contact the god game of the RPG world.It should be your only ps3 RPG game alongside dogma. Hopefully it will be re released for us to play on ps4,but they are probably putting all their time and effort into elder scrolls online. Oh and yes witcher 3 does look great!

mauricioq

I don't know if you already played "The Witcher" 1 or 2, but the 3 is coming soon and I'm a big fan, the game is amazing and if you like RPG's I'm sure you will like it too!

Get Connected With PS4Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!