• Welcome to PS4Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

What are your reasons for getting a ps3 instead of a xbox 360?

Oogles

I bought the PS3 cause I owned PS1 and PS2. It seemed like the logical next gen console for me. But actually what pushed me to get the PS3 was Final Fantasy Versus XIII being announced as an exclusive... well we all know how that ended. :rolleyes:

Mikey Paine

I had a 360 before a PS3. I eventually sold my Xbox to get a PS3, and I'm pretty happy with my decision. I had a PS2 growing up, and I can play most of them on my PS3, with added content, or the sequels (Ratchet and Clank). I prefer having free online play, I probably spent a hundred or so dollars on Xbox Live, so I don't miss that at all. I do miss Halo, a little bit.

frankmarco

Games, games and games. The majors titles are cross platform, but when you go more deep in some genre (JRPG for me), PS3 beat Xbox 360 easy. Japanese were more Playstation than xbox before. I don't know now but if the trends go on I will go for PS4 too. There isn't any RPG on Xbox !

FosterTXT

I chose the PlayStation 3 over the Xbox 360 because it came with a blu ray player. I had a decent blu ray collection at the time the PlayStation 3 was released so it was a no brainer for me to choose the one with a blu ray player.

alexiskilgannon

My reasoning was simple in it's own way. I simply prefer Playstation over Xbox. Nothing on the Xbox has ever interested me and to be honest, the controller played a part in my dislike for the console. I am more impressed with Playstation overall.

Morpheus343

I think it is really nice that PS3 has the free online multiplayer, as opposed to the paid Xbox Live. Also, Playstation offers so many great exclusives that it would be worth it just for games like Uncharted and Infamous. But then Xbox has Halo and GoW, so it depends on what you prefer.

Ofnir

My reasoning was simple in it's own way. I simply prefer Playstation over Xbox. Nothing on the Xbox has ever interested me and to be honest, the controller played a part in my dislike for the console. I am more impressed with Playstation overall.
I think one game ever interested me for the 360, Ace Combat 6, which I played later on and was inferior to the ps2 games. Still I would like to have my collection complete, oh well. PS is much better though, you are right.

firelily99

I'm still with PS3 and will be for awhile. I'm happy with it and feel no real need to make an upgrade to something else right now. I don't need it and I am not playing as much as I used to.

Annabell

Because I don't see the point in limiting myself to one console and playing into the fanboy mentality some have. Each console has their strengths and their weaknesses, and some of the games are just too good to pass up on.

Sebastianb

-Free Internet and sign up to PSN (none of the 50 bucks bs)
- Liked most of the exclusive games (uncharted and Infamous)
- Bluray for movies

virtanen

X360 never had a strong exclusives catalog like PS3 and the fact that Microsoft is focusing on Kinect (casual) is clearly showing the real picture.

If you’ve a PC, you just don’t need a X360 because eventually all the major titles are going to be available for PC. We’re talking about Microsoft Games, there’s a market.

If we take the PC out of the picture, PS3 is a way better choice if you’re a hardcore gamer. Sony is not letting down about serious games (Last of Us; Beyond: Two Souls, etc.) and by the way if you play online often it’s totally free. And at least in my case: it works, and there’s no lag. Why should I pay for a service that gives me exactly the same thing? I just don’t get it.

X360 died long time ago for me, there are virtually no games that go beyond Halo or GOW horizon. And now it’s all about Kinect and well.. not for me sorry.

Just my opinion.

sidd230

I prefer the PS3, but only slightly. There really isn't much difference.
I do use the PS3 more, but that's mainly because it does a better job streaming video from my server, and I love MLBtv... if the thing had a better web browser I'd barely touch my computer anymore. Where's my Firefox?

gamerteabwoi

I agree virtanen. I do not think that the Xbox 360 has better exclusives then the PS3. The exclusives that I have had the privilege of playing on the PS3 have been nothing short of great. I really like Uncharted and I wont ever stop saying that it just seems to me that the exclusives that are on the PS3 are much better then those that are on the Xbox 360

RobDaCool

Well when I decided to get back into gaming, I was going to flip a coin but saw the PS3 came bundled with GTA 5 and the Xbox360 came with Kinectimals -and well you know ;)

Gamer_Fries

I just really liked some of the games and it was also what I got first so I stuck with it. I didn't really pick PS over Xbox to begin with but I decided to stick with it because more friends had them and I knew it better.

firelily99

Mainly because I am comfortable with the brand and have used it the most. Like Clanky I prefer the controllers better as well as the selection of games.

WackoDaSniper

PlayStation For Life
Microsoft banned me on false charges. They said I was modding WaW zombies but I wasn't. I spent 1000's of dollars on Xbox stuff and they didn't give a crap. I went on the Xbox forums and asked and the said they wont look back at my case and ban will stand so I'm like wow y'all are pricks. I even saw a dad who went on there and wrote a 500 word post explaining what happened and that his 12 year old son was crying the past few night because he got banned on something he didn't do. And they said the ban will stand. A 12 year old kid, banned falsely, crying, and you said the ban will stand because you're ignorant. Nice PR Microsoft. Microsoft is evil. Happened to me. Happened at E3 2013 with DRM policies. It's proof that Microsoft loves money not PR. I switched to ps3 after all that.

Last edited:

virtanen

X360 never had a strong exclusives catalog like PS3 and the fact that Microsoft is focusing on Kinect (casual) is clearly showing the real picture.

If you’ve a PC, you just don’t need a X360 because eventually all the major titles are going to be available for PC. We’re talking about Microsoft Games, there’s a market.

If we take the PC out of the picture, PS3 is a way better choice if you’re a hardcore gamer. Sony is not letting down about serious games (Last of Us; Beyond: Two Souls, etc.) and by the way if you play online often it’s totally free. And at least in my case: it works, and there’s no lag. Why should I pay for a service that gives me exactly the same thing? I just don’t get it.

X360 died long time ago for me, there are virtually no games that go beyond Halo or GOW horizon. And now it’s all about Kinect and well.. not for me sorry.

Just my opinion.

ajally123

Pretty old topic but I'll give my opinion. I have had the PS1 and PS2 since their launch and I pretty much have always been a Sony fanboy. I bought into a PS3 a bit late in 09 because a lot of my friends had one and at the time Call of Duty was all the craze. Since CoD died down I came to realise the superior games on the PS3 in terms of exclusives and pretty much stand by that sole fact in how Sony will always be better than Microsoft. Also thought it was weird that you'd pay for online on Xbox. I can see the appeal of Halo but it is just another FPS whereas Sony's exclusives tend to differ greatly which gives great diversity in games compared with the Xbox.

Lucky120

Better controllers, Better games and PlayStation plus gives you two free games a month. I mean why would you not want to have the play-station 3 or the play-station 4. The choice is yours though, because if you like the X-box then you know, but I tell you the play-station is the best system you can get. :)

Get Connected With PS4Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!