• Welcome to PS4Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

The Queen's Wrath

Ridge

So The Queen's Wrath event started yesterday. Here is the basic info for anybody who isn't aware.

So what's everybody think of this so far? Sure it is largely just grinding the same content, but I'm fine with that. The bounties are proving to be more time consuming than the normal vangaurd or crucible bounties, so I don't know how much I'll actually accomplish before the event ends, but I'm hoping to hit rank 3. The weapons are better than what I currently carry, and also I like the look of that purple cape.

What does everyone else think of the event?

Kosh

Well let me try this again.. My browser crashed before I could hit Reply :p

Personally, I don't mind the repetitive content. I knew going into the game that some of the mechanics were molded to resemble how larger MMOs work. Right now I'm a level 26 Titan. After doing a few of the Queens bounties, both I and my sisters boyfriend queued up for the Queens Wrath story mission... It was tough with just two of us.. Took a few times to finish, but was enjoyable. Nice to progress on, then go back and have an actual challenge on older content.

I'm a former WoW player, don't mind this kind of grind. Just want to get into some 6-man fireteams to do some Raids :)

I think it's good that Bungie is throwing things out there for people to grind and work at. Once the expansions start rolling out it'll be better. Already have the first two pre-ordered.

Drop wise on Queens Wrath... got the same Legendary chest piece both times (my sisters boyfriend got a Legendary helmet both times). It was a cool looking piece, was just sad that I had invested resources into my current chest piece so didn't change it. Had I needed it, I would of kept it,

Ridge

Personally, I don't mind the repetitive content. I knew going into the game that some of the mechanics were molded to resemble how larger MMOs work.
I know what you mean, the grinding isn't bothering me either. I played Phantasy Star Online for at least 300 hours, and that was just as grindy, except with far less content. So Destiny isn't bothering me with some off repetitiveness here and there.

Negative Zero

It's a nice change of pace, I'd like to get into the kill orders but they're just too high level even for a level 21. Took a stroll through the new area in the tower and kept thinking that it would be a great place for an auction house. Do we know when the event ends?

That Fallen headshot bounty is murder. I'm going to end up with carpal tunnel.

Ridge

It's a nice change of pace, I'd like to get into the kill orders but they're just too high level even for a level 21. Took a stroll through the new area in the tower and kept thinking that it would be a great place for an auction house. Do we know when the event ends?

That Fallen headshot bounty is murder. I'm going to end up with carpal tunnel.
Yeah I don't know when/if I'm going to get around to doing the kill orders. I just hit level 23 and I probably won't be online at a time when others are (I played last night from 1:30-3:30). I don't know if these missions are going to be possible solo for awhile.

Also yes, I hate that headshot bounty, way to time consuming. I ended up just getting myself to the end of a mission where Fallen swarm me, getting headshots on as many people as I can, then letting the last guy kill me so I can fight through the waves again.

venger_79

Lol just about got the head shot one, you need to try it when your as bad a shot as me...thanks for the die and respawn tip didn't think about that, I've just been walking about the steps waiting for the fallen to repopulate the area

schoat333

It useless for me now. I was using it to break down the legendary rewards for rare materials, so that I could level up my legendary gear. Now they patched it so you don't get the rare materials for breaking down queens items. There is really no reason to play when the reward is the same legendary gear that I already have each time.

Ridge

Lol just about got the head shot one, you need to try it when your as bad a shot as me...thanks for the die and respawn tip didn't think about that, I've just been walking about the steps waiting for the fallen to repopulate the area ��
At some point I realized I got good at head shots. I usually really suck at shooters.. I guess I just put enough time into this. Scout rifles help too..

Kosh

I was sad this morning when they issued the hotfix for the Queens gear to not dismantle into Shards... Glad I got 5 or 6 pieces prior to that so I could upgrade some of my stuff.

But I guess I see the point of the fix..

troutski

I gave Queen's Wrath a shot and it was mildly entertaining for awhile. It's the same repetitive grinding, like you've said, but that's all right. It kept my interest long enough to get some great gear and to enjoy some time online with friends. I've been working on the kill orders, and it hasn't exactly been easy, but my friends and I are all pretty high levels. Maybe we'll fail miserably. -_-

Ridge

I was sad this morning when they issued the hotfix for the Queens gear to not dismantle into Shards... Glad I got 5 or 6 pieces prior to that so I could upgrade some of my stuff.

But I guess I see the point of the fix..
I'm reading a lot of people aren't pleased with that change, you're not alone...

Kosh

I'm reading a lot of people aren't pleased with that change, you're not alone...
Ah well, like I said not a huge deal.

I was in a group last night with some people and someone made a good point...

If you haven't upgraded a Legendary piece with Shards yet... and you get the equivalent Queens piece, just swap it and upgrade it to where you were at (this only works if you don't have shards invested in the item) and disassemble your initial legendary piece for the shards. You still won't get the shards from the Queens set, but at least you have shards to use rather then disassembling a piece of gear you feel is useless. Again, only works if you have an equivalent legendary piece that you have NOT upgraded with shards yet.

Ridge

I finally managed to hit rank 1 of Queen's favor. So I bought the emblem and shader for that sweet, sweet (tiny) bonus they give. Now I have around a week and a half to hit rank 2 and get that awesome matching cape. Short of my wife leaving me, or me losing my job I don't forsee week 3 being a possibility before the event ends.

I also have high enough rep with factions to buy legendary equipment, so that'll help with these kill orders. Tried one this morning and got my ass handed to me..

schoat333

Ah well, like I said not a huge deal.

I was in a group last night with some people and someone made a good point...

If you haven't upgraded a Legendary piece with Shards yet... and you get the equivalent Queens piece, just swap it and upgrade it to where you were at (this only works if you don't have shards invested in the item) and disassemble your initial legendary piece for the shards. You still won't get the shards from the Queens set, but at least you have shards to use rather then disassembling a piece of gear you feel is useless. Again, only works if you have an equivalent legendary piece that you have NOT upgraded with shards yet.
Good tip. Also make sure to play at least three to four public events each day. They award either energy or shards, and also vanguard marks.

Negative Zero

I finally managed to hit rank 1 of Queen's favor. So I bought the emblem and shader for that sweet, sweet (tiny) bonus they give. Now I have around a week and a half to hit rank 2 and get that awesome matching cape. Short of my wife leaving me, or me losing my job I don't forsee week 3 being a possibility before the event ends.

I also have high enough rep with factions to buy legendary equipment, so that'll help with these kill orders. Tried one this morning and got my ass handed to me..
Same here, I got both queen's favor rank 1 and vanguard rep rank 2 today. Bought the queen's shader and a vanguard emblem though. I didn't realize there was a bonus, what's it do? I though that was all cosmetic.

Btw, thanks for the help with sepiks prime today, Ridge. What's weird is I had the bounty for sepiks but it didn't complete. I had to do it again. And I've helped kill something like 5 fallen walkers since I picked up that bounty, but it's still listed at 2 of 3. Anybody else having bounties not marked as complete when they should be?

Ridge

Same here, I got both queen's favor rank 1 and vanguard rep rank 2 today. Bought the queen's shader and a vanguard emblem though. I didn't realize there was a bonus, what's it do? I though that was all cosmetic.

Btw, thanks for the help with sepiks prime today, Ridge. What's weird is I had the bounty for sepiks but it didn't complete. I had to do it again. And I've helped kill something like 5 fallen walkers since I picked up that bounty, but it's still listed at 2 of 3. Anybody else having bounties not marked as complete when they should be?
The emblem and shader are supposed to give a stacking 10% boost to how quickly you earn Queen's favor. For soms reason my Internet kept dieing while I was playing with you, so I doubt I really helped much.

Also for those bounties I've noticed it not registering a lot of the time as well. My guess is maybe you need to get the final shot? I dunno..

Kosh

Hit rank one with the Queen yesterday. That's enough for me! Haha. I noticed the amount of Rep for the Queen is different than the others.. To get from Rank 1 to Rank 2, you need 3000 rep... Compared to the others that need what... 2000 or 2500?

I just wanted the Shader and Emblem.

Ridge

Me and Negative Zero actually were able to fight through one of the queen's kill orders!

It was one of the earlier missions of the game, but still proced to be ridiculously difficult. I got a sweet chest piece out of the deal though, so that was sweet... Off to do adult things now..

Sekelani

I'm finding it difficult. I can't seem to find the bounties when I go on the mains especially the ones on earth

Get Connected With PS4Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!