• Welcome to PS4Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Should Microsoft Sell Xbox?

RobertoUK73

Microsoft will come back all guns blazing when the next new gen consoles are released. Who knows they may alter the hardware for xb1

ajally123

This is a pretty old post and I think since then Microsoft have recovered amazingly well since their terrible E3 last year. They definitely won't be selling it off as it is one of their biggest and highest profiting venture. Even though I have a fan boy dislike for Xbox I have to admit the console itself now is quite appealing without Kinect and the price being reduced.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
If Microsoft sells it, what are they gonna focus on to make money? Windows 8? Cause that is working out well for them *snickers*

They'll shoot themselves in the foot. Its profitable to my knowledge and all my joking and jabs aside, Xbox is a good console. If they sell it, they'll lose so much money they'll wish they never did it, like when they made Windows Vista. Though if they do sell it, I wouldn't be surprised. Microsoft hasn't exactly made the best decisions in the last 10 years aside from Windows 7.

Ciel

See-Elle
This is a pretty old post and I think since then Microsoft have recovered amazingly well since their terrible E3 last year.
CEO recently stated the following after the announcement of closing M$ Studios in the coming months,
The change comes about as CEO Satya Nadella attempts to refocus Microsoft on productivity, cloud, and mobile, though he also reaffirmed his commitment to Xbox.
The fact that he had to "reaffirm" his commitment to Xbox is kind of worrisome. My guess is he is just throwing that ball to Spencer.

ajally123

CEO recently stated the following after the announcement of closing M$ Studios in the coming months,

The fact that he had to "reaffirm" his commitment to Xbox is kind of worrisome. My guess is he is just throwing that ball to Spencer.
The thing is I think the new team since Mattrick left have been reverting all the damages he did to the brand. I mean I swear Microsoft are closing their TV sector of the company albeit Halo is still being produced and they are closing down parts that aren't profitable. It could be seen as desperation but I think that he is on the right path to correcting their abysmal 2013.

gamerteabwoi

Seeing the success of the Xbox 360 I do not think that it would be a good move for them to sell the Xbox. I just think that maybe that was an idea but I do not think that it would make any sense in the long term. Although the Xbox one is struggling I think that the problem is that Microsoft forgot all about gaming and were more focused on giving people a console that had all of these unnecessary abilities. I really think that if they would go back to just focusing on the video gaming experience on the console then I think that they would be able to do a lot better then they are doing now.

jbeavis100

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Xbox brand WAS sold. It's really not doing too well overall and honestly has not made anywhere near as much money as they thought it would..

wowtgp

Microsoft are not the ones to give up on something so easily. Nope, they are not selling anything to anyone yet.

deathbyprayer

Bing should really go out the fucking window if you ask me. As for the Xbox, well I'm not so sure about that. I mean sure the Xbox One had some iffy start but to sell one of the most successful game consoles of this generation isn't really clicking on me. But if they do sell it I hope the company that would buy it would do wonders to the console and possibly making it better.

Henry

I'm sure it's just talk. As long as the Xbox brings in enough money Microsoft will never consider selling. They'd have to be really stupid to do a thing like that with the video game craze going on these days. If we were talking about Nintendo, I wouldn't be so quick to judge. Nintendo has been in third place for quite some time now.

Get Connected With PS4Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!