• Welcome to PS4Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Satoru iwata died july 11th R.I.P.

iamthenight90

The Watcher In The Wings
Satoru iwata, president of nintendo, and one of the biggest influences of my childhood, died of bile duct growth a couple days ago. He basically made smash bros 64 and was the reason I got into gaming. Multiple companies such as sony, microsoft, rare, 2k, and various celebrities have tweeted sending there condolences. Rest in peace iwata-san

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
Its always sad when someone so influential to the entire gaming industry. Because video gaming didn't really take off until the 1960s, its very difficult for people to not comprehend these people not being in our lives.

I wasn't born until 1995 and my first gaming experience came with the PS1. So I was never an Nintendo fan but its always so sad when someone so influential to an industry and lives of video game enthusiasts pass away.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
I grew up on the NES. After that I never owned another Nintendo console besides my Gameboy Color (parents would only buy me and my bro one console per generation) but I loved playing my friends Nintendo games. The influence this man had on the industry as a whole was immense. Rest in peace and thank you.

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
One of the names in the gaming industry that from what Ive read saved Nintendo too.

I did have a Nintendo GBA and NDS but Ive never really been a Nintendo fan,even in their big NED and SNES days.I had Sega back then mostly.Until the first Playstation came along anyway.

R.I.P Satoru Iwata

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
One of the names in the gaming industry that from what Ive read saved Nintendo too.

I did have a Nintendo GBA and NDS but Ive never really been a Nintendo fan,even in their big NED and SNES days.I had Sega back then mostly.Until the first Playstation came along anyway.

R.I.P Satoru Iwata
Not only did he help save Nintendo but in a way the industry. After the video game crash, the future of the industry was uncertain and video games were thought to be dead. Because of Nintendo, and the quality of games they released, the industry was saved and paved the way for what it is today.

Last edited:

Get Connected With PS4Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!