• Welcome to PS4Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PS4 won’t restart

MarcM

I was watching amazon prime on my ps4 whven I lost picture. I still had sound. Unable to see, I wasn’t able to shut down properly. I held the power button until it shutdown. When I try to start the system now, I get the “checking the system storage status” message. Once that is done, I get the “cannot restart the PS4, connect controller with usb cable and press the PS button” message. When I do that, the controller lights up and then fades out. It will not restart. I’ve tried resetting the controller. I’ve removed the HDD, tried a restart, powered down, waited 20 mins, reinstalled the HDD and attempted a restart again. NOTHING. No matter what I try, it always comes back to the same “checking system” and “connect with USB” message with the same results. I’ve tried restarting in safe mode, but I get the same result. I’ve switched HDMI cables and tried another controller. Bad Hard Drive?

Get Connected With PS4Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!