• Welcome to PS4Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PS4 Fan?

wSpell

First off, I mean fan as in a an apparatus with rotating blades that creates a current of air for cooling or ventilation. Does the ps4 have an internal fan? And if not, is it a smart investment to buy a pair of mini microUSB fans (~$15.00 on Amazon), run them from an outlet adapter, and place them behind the console to avoid overheating? It tends to get still in my basement. And, like most of us, I'm sure, I play for hours at a time. So, should I get the fans or am I just being a paranoid perfectionist?

Thanks

DrRipley

I don't know if it will have an internal fan, specifically, but it's been reported to be a lot cooler than the PS3, so there's that. Here's an article that speaks more about it.

PS4 cooler, lighter than PS3, FCC test confirms

Sony's PlayStation 4 will run at a significantly cooler temperature than the PlayStation 3, making it less likely to overheat.

Extensive testing by US government agency the FCC has revealed that the console will run at between 5 and 35 degrees Celsius, compared to its predecessor's average of between 45 and 55.

Get Connected With PS4Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!