• Welcome to PS4Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Official I Got My PlayStation 4 - Owner Impressions Thread!

DeltaZack

Well the white is white XD

I guess some like white better but I like the black PS4 better anyways. Just like I have a black phone. It fits better with my room and myself then white. But the white one does look good in general.

felipefuda

I'm very happy with my ps4, although i wish i could turn of the light on the controller and on the console itself.

Great graphics, great apps, great exclusive games.

The battery time for the controller could be improved also.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
I'm very happy with my ps4, although i wish i could turn of the light on the controller and on the console itself.

Great graphics, great apps, great exclusive games.

The battery time for the controller could be improved also.
Trust me. We all wish we could. There really isn't much use for it. Some games use it for some mundane reason (like health status changing color) but in the heat of the game you don't really notice. Problem is it does eat battery life. Best you can do is turn it down as low as you can in the system settings.

Max_Headroom

You can dim the light on the controller quite a bit in settings, i read that its not the light that drains the battery so much its the twin vibration motors as in some games they are in use almost constantly, TBH i now just plug mine in on a long USB extension if i am planning to have a long gaming session.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
You can dim the light on the controller quite a bit in settings, i read that its not the light that drains the battery so much its the twin vibration motors as in some games they are in use almost constantly, TBH i now just plug mine in on a long USB extension if i am planning to have a long gaming session.
Really? Makes sense but wouldn't have thought that because the dual shock 3 uses two motors also and that lasts much longer. Guess if they redesigned them and they use more juice that could explain it. And the light always on probably doesn't help the situation

ubernood

Really? Makes sense but wouldn't have thought that because the dual shock 3 uses two motors also and that lasts much longer. Guess if they redesigned them and they use more juice that could explain it. And the light always on probably doesn't help the situation
The problem is the Dualshock 4 is more advanced, the more advanced motors, circuits, light, etc require more juice. Next gen games also require more juice because of the features like the touchpad, changing lights on the controller, and the sensor pad.

Despite how advanced we are getting with these technologies, we have yet to master how to make them work efficiently. I would expect that a year or two down the line we will get an updated version of the DS4

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
The problem is the Dualshock 4 is more advanced, the more advanced motors, circuits, light, etc require more juice. Next gen games also require more juice because of the features like the touchpad, changing lights on the controller, and the sensor pad.

Despite how advanced we are getting with these technologies, we have yet to master how to make them work efficiently. I would expect that a year or two down the line we will get an updated version of the DS4
Ah yes. Very good point. Didn't think about that. In terms of an update, that would be sweet to make a more efficient model. Not expecting it. Sony only came out with one revision to the DS3. I had both and the only difference I noticed between the 2 was how the battery was seated in the circuit board. Other than that the electronics looked the same and I've shared components between the 2 models. Actually the only difference in model # was a U at the end of the model #.

Alex_68

DS4 also mounts a small speaker and the Bluetooth is 2.0 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) which needs more energy. DS4 has a couple of brushless motors for the vibration (DS3 had solenoids) also requiring more power. Also consider that DS4's battery has a capacity of ca. 1000mAh while DS3's battery is only 500mAh. Ubernood is right: the energy consumption of a DS4 is much bigger than a DS3 because it has much more electronics inside. As Max said, if you think to play long sessions, you can plug the USB cable. Personally, I have two controllers and a charger, when one is empty I grab the other one. :grin

Last edited:

EVILDEAD333

anyone on here can add me on here if you want my psn name is the one i am useing on here so add me got lots of games

BasicConduct

Finally was able to pick me up a PS4 and must say I'm loving it so far. I bought it more because of the Exclusives on the system I also own an Xbox One but admit that Playstation exclusive games are always way better than any of the Xbox Ones (which seem more like the exclusives are just sequels to old IP's) The controller unfortunately doesn't seem to last too long compared to the Xbox controller. Other than that I'm definitely not disappointed by it. Now just need to expand my friend list so anyone down for some CoD:AW or FC4? hit me up: BasicConduct

dazz987

ive had my playstation a few weeks..... had an x-box 360 before as an older gamer .... like rpg s and strategy sportwise golf ..... first game on ps4 shadow of morder ...fter 60 hours play ... got a bit bored .... now enjoying playing Last of us remastered

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
ive had my playstation a few weeks..... had an x-box 360 before as an older gamer .... like rpg s and strategy sportwise golf ..... first game on ps4 shadow of morder ...fter 60 hours play ... got a bit bored .... now enjoying playing Last of us remastered
60 hours on a game can definitely have that effect ;) Welcome aboard :)

jackburton

I've had mine less than a day, and am thinking about returning it. It came with last of us. As far as I can tell, it's not a game, it's a movie that you learn like a trained seal or you die. The package says the site has demos but all I see are trailers that show clips. I like first person shooters, I'm beginning to think they don't exist. I'm gonna check peoples videos, but if they are all this follow the carrot stuff, I'm pretty disappointed.
Well I found a couple screen shots of first person shooters, but I wish the trailers showed would show actual play, I want to play, not watch crappy movie trailers. Be nice if you could ff through them during play. Impress me with exiting gameplay, not terrible acting, and boring drawn out scenes. Think I'll give the old blood a shot.

Last edited:

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
As far as Last of Us is concerned how far have you go into the game?
When I first started playing it I thought the same,mostly running around watching cutscenes and dialog but believe me,it gets much better and there is actual gameplay in there too :Onya
If you play it through to the end you will appreciate how good it really is.If not perhaps you just dont like any other game type at all other than FPS games.

If you after FPS games check these:
Wolfenstein:The Old Blood,Wolfenstein:The New Order,Battlefield Hardline,Battlefield 4,Far Cry 4,Destiny,CoD Advanced Warfare,CoD Ghosts,Metro Redux,Killzone Shadowfall,Backlight Retribution,

Get Connected With PS4Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!