• Welcome to PS4Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Nyko Databank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
Thread starter #1

This may be what you are looking for if you dont wanna put a 2.5" HDD into your PS4.
It will enable the use of a 3.5" HDD meaning potentially you could use a 6TB HHD.
No pricing details as yet.

techradar said:
Nyko has announced the Databank, a PS4 add-on accessory that lets you plug a 3.5-inch hard drive into your console.
The 500GB hard drive that ships in most PS4 consoles is a 2.5-inch model, but the Nyko Databank lets you use the larger 3.5-inch kind found more often in desktops.

It's not a teeny little caddy that fits into the PS4's shell, but an extra part that both interfaces with the console's insides (instead of a USB port) and flops over the top of the casing.

Nyko has made sure to keep the design within the PS4's style, though. Is the sacrifice worth it? Well, 3.5-inch drives are often larger and cheaper.
Source

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
Wow. That fits pretty seamlessly on top. Wonder if there's a white option for those of us who bought the Destiny bundle ;)

really dont no if this will be safe to used because a lot of there stuff fail in the pasted Nyko is junk look at the cooling fan for the 360 they made

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
really dont no if this will be safe to used because a lot of there stuff fail in the pasted Nyko is junk look at the cooling fan for the 360 they made
Well in all fairness to them, with the cooling problems the 360 had, they did have their work cut out for them ;)

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
I believe you should not do that. Do not buy cheap 3.5-inch drives, try to find the only original part 2.5- inch. I had just the same trouble, with cooling 360. Anyway, Nyko Databank does not suit well for those
purposes.

https://besttechexpert.guide/
I'm going to let you go this time, but please do not bump an old thread to spam your link. Thread Locked to prevent bumps like this in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get Connected With PS4Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!