• Welcome to PS4Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Lets be honest

Cpt Blackadder

Now before you read this, know i am a fan of Games, not the consoles they run on. I have PS2 ( yes i still play it!! Skiing 2005 ) 2 PS3's, PSVita, PS4, XB360 and XB1. I have no allegence to anyone other than who's making the best game.

I have to say i'm now at the point of "concern" about the PS4, especially next week, ( get on to that in a minute ) .

This week in particular encapsulates it all

PS Plus version of Driveclub delayed due to quote " network issues "

The head of the SONY games division apologising for said delay but said the network just can't cope with things at the moment for the PS plus Driveclub version

The You tube app doesn't work, and i'm guessing here, due to network connection from PSN to the Net ??

The PS4 alpha of Evolve has been postponed due to " network stability issues "

I STILL can't get on to the PS Store

People are dropping out of MP games like flies

That's all bad enough, but you do realize there is the teeny tiny event happening next week for a game, you may or may not have heard of called " Call of Duty "
12 million consoles sold, and network issues the week before the launch of the biggest MP game of the year. You KNOW next week the network will be battered with COD fans.

I don't want to be the harbinger of doom, but anyone else concerned the network will actually CRASH next week for real, due to it simply not being able to cope ? With what's been said this week BEFORE COD next week, it's already struggling, will COD tip it over the edge ???

I know it's on my mind what is going to happen next week.

Then there is the games themselves. I got a PS mag last week as it had the top 30 PS exlusives for next year. I have to say when reading the list i was HUGELY dissapointed in the lack of big PS titles for next year.

There is of course Uncharted 4, The Order, Bloodbourne and Little Big Planet 3, which you can't argue with, but after that.............. ( tumbleweed moment ) Remember i'm talking exclusives here ONLY, not cross console games.

Then compare this to what MS are doing.
This year we've had the awsome Sunset overdrive, Forza Horzion 2, Titanfall, and last year, Ryse, Forza 5.
Mid Novemeber is the Halo Master chief edition ( 4 games in 1 ), Then there is TOMB Raider timed exclusive, Fable, Quantic Break, Ori and the Blind Forest, it goes on...

In short, i am finding it hard to stop playing my Xb1 due to the AWSOME fun MS exclusive games. I'm sorry but i am, don't hate me!

SO 2 points there i wondered what you lot think.

Question 1 - Are you concenred about the stability of the PSN, with what's happening this week and what's to come next ?
Question 2 - Honestly, not including the cross console games, don't you think it's so far been VERY dispointing for PS exclusive games with nothing other than UC4 to whet the appetite for next year ???

Interestd to hear your thoughts on these, and this is not a flaming excerise, just please be honest. I have to say as a PS4 owner i feel disapointed with the way things are and are going right now, especially when compared to my other consoles.

FrostWinds

To answer question 1, yes. I can still only get on the PS store 50 - 60% of the time and it's sometimes really weird to navigate. Trying to find the P.T. Demo in the store was harder than trying to figure out what to do in the actual game.

Ridge

I can't argue with much of what you're saying. Even going back to the E3 before the consoles launched it was kind of apparent that this would be the case.

Microsoft showed game after game after game, while Sony got their biggest applause from saying they would allow used games..

Haze

It does looks troublesome at this stage for Sony and the Playstation 4. I won't deny that.

Also, the Youtube App does work (well, for me), as well as the PS Store.

I do think that next/this week with the release of COD: Advanced Warfare, the PSN will struggle. Won't be surprised if it goes down for maintenance a few times over the next couple weeks.

As far as games, I still think Sony has the best line-up. I had a Xbox One, but didn't do anything for me. I compared upcoming games for both and just looks like Sony has the better games. But that's just me.

Dmadman72

I Shall Finish The Game
While Xbox has superior online we can't forget people have been paying for it for years. Sony is just nearing its first year of a paid service for online and that's only for the PS4. As everyone knows the PS3 is still free. When I bought my PS4 I knew there would be growing pains. I usually only play LAN parties with the kids so it don't effect me to much. Destiny has been a bit of a challenge from time to time though. As for the games the only 2 that interest me are Bloodbourne and The Order. Not from a fanboy perspective but just the games that interest me. Do I think PSN is going down when COD is released? Yeppers. Do I think PSN will continue to crash when major titles are released? Yeppers again. I figure it will probably be another couple years before they get all or at least the majority of the kinks worked out. I own 360's and know that on Dec 25th a white sunset overdrive xbox one will be opened so once again this is not from a fanboy perspective. One more thing, I have 3 HALO games and 3 Uncharted games and IMHO both series are way to over hyped. Will I end up buying more of the series? More then likely in hopes one of them grab my attention. After all I hated the Far Cry series until FC3. Now I can`t wait for the next one.

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
Tried the yt app once,didnt have a prob.But then I may as well use the youtube app on my Smart TV instead.
Never has a prob with the PS4's PSN store either.

As for any probs when COD AW gets release on PS4. Well I dont think the network will actually go down.But no doubt there will be game connection issues,I mean dropping out of games more than usual and so on.
We'll see.

don_bidarian

Well I'm glad that I'm not a MP player, since it seems PSN horribley sucks.
As for exclusives, I'm disappointing that not much have been released so far, but to be honest, I dont find xbox exclusives interesting, the only game I would consider is quantum break, the rest are just meh IMO.(ofcourse games directly depends on the taste of the player.

I can say I have had the console for 1 year and so far I have not played any amazing game that justifies the purchase of PS4. I know that will change in 2015, but still its disappointing.

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
Well I'm glad that I'm not a MP player, since it seems PSN horribley sucks.
It doesnt 'horribly suck' at all.
When Ive played MP on BF4 and Ghosts its been no worse than on PS3 from my experience.
The topic on probs with the MP here seems to be with that Driveclub game.

don_bidarian

It doesnt 'horribly suck' at all.
When Ive played MP on BF4 and Ghosts its been no worse than on PS3 from my experience.
The topic on probs with the MP here seems to be with that Driveclub game.
Well I played a bit MP on my PS3, it was ok IMO. But please consider, PS3 online was free while you are paying as much as XBL for PS+. You must have at least same quality of online(if not more).

Haze

I also feel that the online multiplayer aspect of PSN is on par with Xbox. I have always felt this being both a PS3/PS4 and Xbox 360 owner. There really isn't any difference between them when regarding playing online.

Cpt Blackadder

Interesting stuff here guys and REALLY appreciate your honesty :)

With regards to the PS4 online V XB1 online, i have both consoles right now and in the UK ( remember the servers are locallly based so can't comment on the service in Austrailia / america etc ) i've not once been disconnected from any MS online game, in titanfall, FH2, Destiny. I have a couple of times on Killzone, and LOADS on Motogp14 on the PS4 though. What i don't know though is if this is due to the developer or the PSN Network as historically any Killzone game on the PS3 has been rock solid all the time for me.

The online issues is not just for the driveclub game, but a lot of my friends are bemoaning the disconnects on many games.

Re the games it is of course subjective to each person as we all like different things, but with my review hat on, there to me seems a definate swing towards MS game with the amount of variety and quality.

Examples would be ( i've highlighted the games i think are the best )

Racing games XB - Forza5/FH2 V Driveclub/Motogp14 ( I persoannly like Motogp a lot just the online stuff ruins what would have been the best game )
FPS - Titanfall V Killzone
Hack and Slash RYSE V ( nothing unless you want to put KNACK in here ??)
Sandbox adventure Sunset Overdrive V Infamous Second Son

So with only 4 BIG triple A production game exclusives coming to PS4 next year, that's a LONG wait still.
I personally think Uncharted 4 will be the game that will make people say " next gen has arrived " and i can't WAIT for that but

Where is GT 7 ?
Where is God of War ?
Where is Sly Cooper ?
Where is Heavenly Sword ?
What is the New IP Guerilla Games are working on ?
Where is the next Quantic Dream game that isn't a HD remake ?
Where is the next " that game company " game that again isn't a HD remake ?

Until these games come out i don't think there will be parity in exclsuives. No Mans Sky, Rime, are some Indie wildcards that COULD be great as exclusives ( MS will kick themselves if RIME is as they passed on that game and SONY bought the rights. ) but with no near date for ANY of the above, i fear it's going to be a LONG wait...

Haze

I do agree that Sony had better reveal some new exclusives soon. Would love to see a God of War game for the PS4. That would be delicious!

Sekelani

I have a few issues with Sony. My PS store doesn't load up 4/10 times and apps run pretty laggy most of the time...
Hopefully with the ps5 we will see true multitasking

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
I'm actually kind of surprised on so many people having problems with the PS Store. I haven't had any issues with it since I got my PS4. Boots up in a second every time and the downloads are pretty fast. Guess it depends on your location? Can't comment on YouTube. Never used it too much to begin with on my PS3 and if I do feel compelled to use YouTube on a console, I'll just use my PS3 like I do for Netflix.

As for exclusives, I have to agree here. I'm sure there are things in the works (I know Quantic Dream is working on something. That something has yet to be announced) but it doesn't seem like Sony is particularly loud about what's being worked on as opposed to in the past. Only thing we keep hearing is the exclusive content for a cross console game.

But Sony has been kinda hush hush. They keep saying 'It's in the works'. For example, where is the media remote? Hell, on the PS2 and PS3 a remote to play movies with was always a launch item. There are really no accessories save the camera and different colored Dual Shock 4s and a headset. What happened to Move 2.0? Haven't heard anything about that recently.....not that I would buy it :)

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
I think the state of PSN is somewhat troubling, the frequent downtimes, maintenance and other stuff is somewhat worrying.

In terms of game lines ups I'm happy. I don't care for exclusives, although Uncharted 4 is one I'll be picking up for sure. So it doesn't bother me. I think we need to remember that Microsoft has a lot more cash to throw around with regards to buying publishers and development companies and for once they've been the underdog so they're becoming tryhards if you will.

I don't think CoD will crash PSN or cause any more issues. Why? CoD is predominantly XB1 so I don't think it will cause issues.

Overall I'm not overly-happy with Sony's performance but I am satisfied.

Dmadman72

I Shall Finish The Game
I think the state of PSN is somewhat troubling, the frequent downtimes, maintenance and other stuff is somewhat worrying.

In terms of game lines ups I'm happy. I don't care for exclusives, although Uncharted 4 is one I'll be picking up for sure. So it doesn't bother me. I think we need to remember that Microsoft has a lot more cash to throw around with regards to buying publishers and development companies and for once they've been the underdog so they're becoming tryhards if you will.

I don't think CoD will crash PSN or cause any more issues. Why? CoD is predominantly XB1 so I don't think it will cause issues.

Overall I'm not overly-happy with Sony's performance but I am satisfied.
With PS4 sale's estimated to be at 13.5 million and Xbox One to be somewhere in the 5 million range I think Xbox having a COD majority is a thing of the past. I wouldn't be surprised to see DLC released at the same time for both consoles in the near future. I guess I should also clarify. I don't think PSN itself will crash only the servers to the game. I am thinking between 2 days to a week before COD can be played with minimal disconnects.

Last edited:

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
With PS4 sale's estimated to be at 13.5 million and Xbox One to be somewhere in the 5 million range I think Xbox having a COD majority is a thing of the past. I wouldn't be surprised to see DLC released at the same time for both consoles in the near future. I guess I should also clarify. I don't think PSN itself will crash only the servers to the game. I am thinking between 2 days to a week before COD can be played with minimal disconnects.
Also from what I read too, CoD's preorders have been way down this year. Seems like the CoD trend has peaked and it's downhill from here. So there won't be as many people loading up the servers as was in the past.

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
Actually I'm talking install base overall, CoDs pre orders for the Xbox One are healthy and don't get me started on the 360 pre orders. CoD is always an Xbox dominant platform for CoD. Maybe it'll change in the future but for AW its remaining fairly strong.

Haymansafc

As I said in another thread a week or two ago, I feel the PS4 was simply released a year too early. Whilst the console itself may have been ready, it's become pretty clear to me that the software wasn't - and still isn't.

I'm glad I've delayed purchasing a PS4 since launch. If I'd bought one at launch or very early on this year I will admit I'd have felt ripped off with my purchase by now. From a personal perspective, if these are troubled times for Sony and indeed the PS4 with disgruntled owners understandably frustrated by ongoing teething problems or delays, fingers crossed for some slightly overdue price reductions for those who have been put off or simply priced out of upgrading so far. ;)

I don't play multiplayer games and as regulars may know, I'm certainly no fan of FPS titles in general - so none of these online troubles really apply to me. Again, a games console is best when it's sole task is for you to simply plug it into your TV, slot in a disc and play a game. In recent years, companies have been obsessed with trying to convert consoles into PC's and make them do all sorts - a 'jack of all trades', where it can do lots of things - just not particularly well.

Cpt Blackadder

I have a few issues with Sony. My PS store doesn't load up 4/10 times and apps run pretty laggy most of the time...
Hopefully with the ps5 we will see true multitasking
I'm glad i'm not the only one who has the same amount of trouble trying to get to the store like you. For me it's the same about 4 in every 10 goes. Are you based in the Uk?

As for exclusives, I have to agree here. I'm sure there are things in the works (I know Quantic Dream is working on something. That something has yet to be announced)
The "something" quantic dream is working on is a HD remake of Beyond, 2 souls. I sighed out loud when i found out about this as i rolled my eyes and went, ANOTHER HD remake. HD remakes still in the worked being made for PS4 are Journey, Ratchet and Clank, and couple more. I'm bored of these reamkes. I thought Quantic Dream were working on the Dark Soucerer. It's the trialer that have on the PS3 game Beyond.

Now i know the sales of the PS4 have totally outrstripped the Xb1, and the next question is a little delicate, but again would appreciate your honesty.

Do you now regret getting PS4 when looking at the wonderful games the XB1 has now got, and shortly getting. ? Are you envious of the quality games the Xb1 has ?

I have to admit, for me, i don't regret buying the PS4, but i have to say the Xb1 has made me a beliver of next gen, not the PS4. Also right now i wouldn't recomend a PS4 to someone who owns a PS3 and is looking to upgrade, as i don't think they are missing much at all, and looking at the games horizon, until Uncharted 4, nothing between then and now to get one, and the servcies on the PS3 still outweigh by far what's working on the PS4.

If someone WAS looking to upgrade, i hate to say it but i'd recomend the XB1 over the PS4 right now. The PS4 is a capable machine, but lack of interesting software and so so network, is pulling it down IMO

On a SIDE note though and credit to SONY for this, the PS Vita, IMO is becoming a MUST have item. The amount of quality games, and services you can use on this machine is quite frankly astounding, and it all works perfectly. I'd recomend someone to get a Vita that's for sure. :)

Last edited:

Get Connected With PS4Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!