• Welcome to PS4Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

IDEA: Only add Well Known or Triple AAA titles to the PS4 games section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
Thread starter #1
I was thinking about the amount of games that we now have on that section and I noticed a lot of the Indie titles only had one or two threads in it. Most of these games were from the PS+ games and I therefore think it would be wise to not add every Indie title and focus on adding just the AAA titles or well known upcoming games because it would cut down the load considerably.

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
Thread starter #3
I agree with what you said Haze. However I think even ones that are requested should maybe be denied.

For example dust an elysian tale and spelunky, chances are we'll never have more than two or three threads within that forum. (Now that I've said it, we'll probably get like 50+ lol)

I've looked over the PS+ games list this year and the ones that were made into subforums didn't get a lot of attention.

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
Thread starter #5
It doesn't seem necessary when we have a general gaming subforum for PS4 games to have another subforum for download games.

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
Thread starter #7
I mean to me I think perhaps not adding Indie games and smaller games unless we have significant demands for it, because otherwise the subforums will become too much. Like I said I looked up a list of the PS+ games offered this year and the ones made into a subforum only got a few threads in them.

Haze

I mean to me I think perhaps not adding Indie games and smaller games unless we have significant demands for it, because otherwise the subforums will become too much. Like I said I looked up a list of the PS+ games offered this year and the ones made into a subforum only got a few threads in them.
Yeah that's pretty much the way it'll be I reckon :)

We can also try like on the main forum page under PlayStation General, right now there is 3 options to choose from. PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 accessories and PlayStation 4 games. We could make a 4th option to choose from and label that PlayStation 4 Plus Games or something like that and just have all the PSN games under that section and all the main games under PlayStation 4 games. I wouldn't mind having it like that, I think it would be easier to navigate and find exactly what game your looking for. I don't know if you guys have thought of doing it like this or not yet so just thought I'd throw my two cents out there. Maybe we can have a poll/vote type thing and see what everyone thinks would be the best way to go about this in the future.

Haze

We can also try like on the main forum page under PlayStation General, right now there is 3 options to choose from. PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 accessories and PlayStation 4 games. We could make a 4th option to choose from and label that PlayStation 4 Plus Games or something like that and just have all the PSN games under that section and all the main games under PlayStation 4 games. I wouldn't mind having it like that, I think it would be easier to navigate and find exactly what game your looking for. I don't know if you guys have thought of doing it like this or not yet so just thought I'd throw my two cents out there. Maybe we can have a poll/vote type thing and see what everyone thinks would be the best way to go about this in the future.
Thanks for the suggestion :)

Well, there hasn't really been much activity on the PS Plus games sub-forums (Fix the Cat, Spelunky HD, etc.) so to have their own section might be a waste of space too.

But I may be wrong about that. If enough people are on board with your idea, then of course we'll consider going through with it!

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
I like the games subforums. My critique of it (and it's actually the reason I don't venture into it) is that there are too many games in there. It gets overwhelming to peruse and sometimes even to find a specific game. I personally believe only the more popular talked about games should have their own subforums. What we used to do at the forum I admin back in the PS2 days. We had a PS2 games section that the most talked about or most popular games had their own subforum. That subforum then got closed when it passed it's prime. Makes the forum less cluttered and I imagine easier on the moderator. What the admins at the time did too was what other forums do; listen to the suggestions and if a subforum for a game gets enough support, make a subforum. Just my two cents anyway :)

Haze

I like the games subforums. My critique of it (and it's actually the reason I don't venture into it) is that there are too many games in there. It gets overwhelming to peruse and sometimes even to find a specific game. I personally believe only the more popular talked about games should have their own subforums. What we used to do at the forum I admin back in the PS2 days. We had a PS2 games section that the most talked about or most popular games had their own subforum. That subforum then got closed when it passed it's prime. Makes the forum less cluttered and I imagine easier on the moderator. What the admins at the time did too was what other forums do; listen to the suggestions and if a subforum for a game gets enough support, make a subforum. Just my two cents anyway :)
Pretty much what we're going to do from this point forward. :)

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
Pretty much what we're going to do from this point forward. :)
Good luck :) Sure the guy in charge of that will be putting in overtime deleting or merging all those boards ;) Does vBulletin allow you to delete forums and subforums in mass? Or do you have to do it one by one?

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
Haze has ACP access just like me and we'll have a chat and delete ones that arent used at all so far and go from there.
Or,instead of deleting them what we can do is 'hide' them and that way we can bring them back at a later date should we need too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get Connected With PS4Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!