• Welcome to PS4Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

French Revolution setting: A wise choice?

Thread starter #1
Ubisoft has always been wise about their locale and time setting, but this time around they have gone for French Revolution after last year's Pirate settings? There is a lot we still haven't seen, but whatever was showcased back at E3, have me intrigued. What about you?

Ridge

I won't pretend to know a lot about the French Revolution, but the gameplay at E3 looked wicked fun.

Truthfully I would be on board regardless of what setting they tried. I had such a blast with the last game..

Thread starter #5
Definitely looking forward to this game, and the setting seems like a nice fit!
I am looking forward to it too, but can't understand why people are moaning about lack of women assassins in the game. It's just sounds outright stupid to me. A woman assassin just doesn't sound right, especially for that period of time when they were supposed to do the chores only. What do you think?

Haze

I am looking forward to it too, but can't understand why people are moaning about lack of women assassins in the game. It's just sounds outright stupid to me. A woman assassin just doesn't sound right, especially for that period of time when they were supposed to do the chores only. What do you think?
Well we had a female assassin already - Aveline de Grandpré in Assassin's Creed: Liberation. SO don't know why people are moaning a lot about it.

To me, female assassin's doesn't bother me at all. I'd welcome it. But I do agree it would be out of place especially during this time period.

Actually, a female Assassin during this time period would be for the best. Why? Because despite what you might think, they were not subject to just doing the chores. One of the most infamous assassins in history was a)a woman and b)active during this time period. So I can understand the problem with why they haven't included a female assassin.

It's a great choice actually. We get to return to the nice European architecture with high elevated buildings. I'm concerned that multiple assassins will make the game way too easy though. It's already easy enough just going in and just straight up fighting guards (instead of actually, you know, assassinating). I hope they set up set pieces to reward stealth over sword fighting the guards.

I am sure I will like the game, but with the last one they added a whole new eliminate with upgrading the ship and the sea battles. Not having that, or something equivalent to that will seem like a step back wards. I would have liked another game at least in the Caribbean. I will be picking up the new one without doubt, just hope it does not take a step back in regards to game play features.

Did I mention anywhere on here already that I would be interested, incredibly interested in fact, in feudal Japan? Regardless of setting, Ubi needs to alter the gameplay mechanics; it has been the same process of navigating the game and its repetitive objectives for the entire series.

Haze

Did I mention anywhere on here already that I would be interested, incredibly interested in fact, in feudal Japan? Regardless of setting, Ubi needs to alter the gameplay mechanics; it has been the same process of navigating the game and its repetitive objectives for the entire series.
Oh man, I would absolutely love that setting! :D

Thread starter #13
If they are going to do something innovating and change the core mechanics of the game, they are going to have to give their studious some more time than they usually give. It's more like here is the money now make an amazing AS game within one year.

I wish they would start up the Tenchu games again. I always loved those games and they would be fantastic in a large open world game.

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
If they are going to do something innovating and change the core mechanics of the game, they are going to have to give their studious some more time than they usually give. It's more like here is the money now make an amazing AS game within one year.
Can I point out they have more than one studio working on Assassins Creed games, fiction and other titles.

For example when revaluations was out they were already working on AC4 e.g. core mechanices etc.

Knowing how depressing the French Revolution setting is, I hope that doesn't rub off on the game to much... I enjoyed the tropical *upbeat* setting of AC4. Still the history and politics of the time is amazing, and I'm sure they won't go far wrong.

Get Connected With PS4Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!