• Welcome to PS4Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Excitement Level For The Wii When It Came Out

When the wii first came out it was cutting edge technology. I, and everyone else I knew, was extremely excited. I played it for days on end. But lie with most new things I got over the initial hype after a few weeks

KMJ_84

I had no interest in the Wii at all.

I always saw it as a kiddy console. My brother picked one up a couple of weeks after launch, and whilst I was mildly impressed, it just wasn't for me.

I was stoked for the Wii. Nintendo has always delivered for me and when I want to see something outside of the box I always look at Nintendo's console. The only Nintendo console I wasn't excited about when I heard about it and didn't get at or near launch was the Gamecube. I got it after I got my PS2.

Thread starter #6
I was stoked for the Wii. Nintendo has always delivered for me and when I want to see something outside of the box I always look at Nintendo's console. The only Nintendo console I wasn't excited about when I heard about it and didn't get at or near launch was the Gamecube. I got it after I got my PS2.
Yeah i have always enjoyed the Nintendo systems. They have always had a great collection of games.

Yeah, Nintendo and the PlayStation line. With the PS3 you could've gone either way PS3/360 for 90% of the library, but if you talk PS2 that number is a bit smaller. There were more games that you'd say "This is a Playstation game" as opposed to "This game is on Playstation."

I wouldn't say I was excited, but I was definitely curious as it was the first to utilize actual movement as controls. I think I didn't get excited because I knew I would just leave it to collect dust if I bought it because I like to play games when I'm lazy and I would definitely not want to move when I'm in this mood.

Razor

I remember the general hype being pretty big. I wasn't all that hyped for the Wii (more so for the PS3, but I waited to get it until that awful price dropped).

Yeah, Nintendo and the PlayStation line. With the PS3 you could've gone either way PS3/360 for 90% of the library, but if you talk PS2 that number is a bit smaller. There were more games that you'd say "This is a Playstation game" as opposed to "This game is on Playstation."

VERY good point. When PS3 came out I wasn't sweating which console I wanted or anything because most of the games were either on PC or 360 as well. I did pick up PS3 at first though.

I was very excited when the Wii came out. I believe I order it online. When I first saw the features of the game I was really amaze and knew I wanted to own it right away. I bought a lot of accessories with it like I do with all my consoles and I bought the bundle since that is always the better deal. I still think it is a good console even though I have not touched it in about a year or two since I got my PS3. I occasionally will play Mario Kart, and the Wii board games when I think about them. But like all new games that come out, we get excited about it, buy it, play it and throw it to the side when the new big game comes out.

Get Connected With PS4Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!