• Welcome to PS4Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Dualshock 4 Lighbar Solution

Thread starter #1
Found someone that is selling decals in a range of designs to dim down the lightbar on the dualshock 4

Just ordered a ps4 logo design :D Looks alot better than that bright light and will be able to see when my controller is charging.

Just search KNR dualshock 4 on ebay! Looks to be uk only though.

20140121_131036.jpg 20140121_133855.jpg 20140121_133336.jpg

Looks a damn sight better than my duct tape solution.:D Pretty cheap too, might give them a bash.

Edit: Got some blank ones and some PS4 logo ones, I'll give 'em a quick review when I get them if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Thread starter #6
Yes got to admit i was using same bit of black electrical tape but couldn't tell if it was charging when plugged in using phone charger.

Wow, those look great. I still haven't had a chance to get a good feel with a PS4 controller, but is the bright light the only real problem?

Also, I'm curious how Sony feels about this, some guy making money of their logo.

KMJ_84

Wow, those look great. I still haven't had a chance to get a good feel with a PS4 controller, but is the bright light the only real problem?

Also, I'm curious how Sony feels about this, some guy making money of their logo.
They'll probably have something to say about this at some point but what is stopping the seller creating unique/custom designs?

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
Agree with most here,the actual light doesnt bother me but yeah,the stickers do look cool...will also have to check that out.

I think that the stickers look way better than the light bar the way it is. Please do let us know if you like them. I'd definitely be interested in something like that. Yeah, I'm not seeing anything like that for sale in the States. If anyone has access to some black vinyl and a plotter, it wouldn't be difficult to make and sell these at all...Too bad I don't design vehicle wraps and decals anymore!

These look good for sure. It really would have been nice to have some options/settings though... I'm sure there's a thread on this already but does anyone else find that the controller loses battery really fast? I'm sure a big part of it is this light. Another thing that I find quite odd is that you can't turn only the controller off, or I don't know how at least. I didn't think that would be a big deal but it actually is as I take semi-frequent breaks while gaming, sometimes for 20 - 30 mins, and not having the controller turn off automatically or even have the option to turn it off is frustrating. I really don't want to put the PS4 on standby every time.

Thread starter #16
There is :D

And apparently the LED doesn't use much battery
This is why i went with this option the battery for me isn't a big issue as i can hook it up to my phone charger at the side of me the light though was the issue not during the day but at night, lighting up my room and glaring from things, also my cat was not keen and often caused her to attack my hands while playing.

Now it wont be as bright using these and will look nice and "cat safe":cool:

Get Connected With PS4Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!