• Welcome to PS4Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Downloading

Thread starter #1
While my PS4 was updating to the later firmware and a game I was in the middle of downloading, I turned off my console and wasn't able to play for a few days, will the download still continue of will there be any issues?

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
While my PS4 was updating to the later firmware and a game I was in the middle of downloading, I turned off my console and wasn't able to play for a few days, will the download still continue of will there be any issues?
No, you'll have to re-start the download. This wouldn't be true if you had put the console on "Rest Mode." Rest Mode puts your console on standby, and your console is still running, meaning you can do routine tasks such as downloading patches, updates, etc.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
What Carlos said. But I vaguely remember inturrupting my downloads before, mostly because my ISP sucks sometimes or I stop the download to keep my bandwidth while I played and it picked up where it left off. As for issues, I highly doubt it. I've stopped and started downloads a lot in the past with PS3 and PS4 and never had any corruption issues.

Get Connected With PS4Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!