• Welcome to PS4Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Does anyone still play the older final fantasy games

runejet

I was feeling a bit bored and just decided to start playing Final Fantasy 7 all over again.

Do any of you still play your Final Fantasy games?

SS42A

I play FFX for my PS2 out of boredom. My brother used to say, "I'm so bored I play FF." It's still a great game nonetheless. As for the sequel, I'm kind of having mixed feelings about the game. Never played FFVIII or FFIX though, as they're not in my list of games worth playing. But I never forget classic FF games such as FFVI, which in my opinion rank better than the PS2 FFs.

runejet

I think that the classic FF games really set the standard. Although they don't have the greatest graphics when compared to the graphics available to games now, they still have one of the best storylines around. I feel that this is something that Square Enix is slowly forgetting. While improving the combat system is all fine and dandy, the storylines that the newer FF games are churning out are not as good as the previous ones.

haunderv

I played FF7 8 and 9 from my ps1 before.. and i finished this game for how many times well that way back when im still a lil kid lol

anyhow as of today i dont fell like playing this game anymore.. (probably the graphics something) well if they remake if for psp

or ps3 i might play it again :D

BlackSolaris

Professional Escapologist
I don't care what everyone else says, Final Fantasy 8 is still my favorite!

You have "high school shenanigans", funky characters, awesome battles against a time witch, go to space and acquire a spaceship, a futuristic setting, amazing soundtrack and, people seem to hate this, the draw system is really cool to use.

runejet

Yea. FF7 is still my favorite till today due to that awesome storyline. Especially that plot twist with Aerith's death. I was so shocked and it was one of the most emotional scenes for me. But what I don't get is why Square Enix doesn't want to do a remake of it. I understand that the expectations are going to be high but if done well, it would boost its sales.

xxfearless

I pick up FFIII, FFVII and FFX when I'm bored with my current games and am looking for something to replay. The stories are still great, and I find that the graphics hold up for the most part (except FFVII, since Cloud's arms look like hourglasses!). I play the remakes for DS every now and then, too, and I find myself going back to the Tactics games a lot, too.

I've restarted FFXII a few times as well, but mostly because I've never seen it to completion and keep forgetting the plot.

DrRipley

I tried picking up Final Fantasy VIII again fairly recently because it was always my favorite out of all the others in the series, and I could feel myself slowly getting addicted to it again, which is also why I ultimately decided to just put it down because I really don't have that much time to devote to finishing a game I've already played fully once. It was refreshing to know that the game still holds up though, and I'll definitely try finishing it again in a few years when I find more time for myself again.

branwen

Final Fantasy IX was my all time favorite FF game. I love the background songs, as well as the soundtrack. My heart aches for Vivi all the time. I guess it's because the characters all have interestingly sad stories that I'm drawn to them.

TheViper

I don't play any FF games. Mostly because I don't own any and I can't find them instore.

Though, I am trying to build up my collection.

branwen

I don't play any FF games. Mostly because I don't own any and I can't find them instore.

You can buy old FF editions in auction sites. There's a lot of people who sell their old games. Some are really in great conditions, though I would try to meet to seller first for personal checking to ensure that the discs are still playable.

lindbergh

I still play the old final fantasy games during the PS1 era just for fun. I have a Playstation emulator installed in my netbook and I use it to play FF7, 8 and 9. These games are worth revisiting as they bring back a lot of memories of my high school days. I can't help but be nostalgic when playing them. Classics simply never die. And so do the memories that they have given me.

OniBlackMage

RPG Ambassador
Yes, in fact I still have my old save data on my NES cartridge still intact.

More recently, I love popping in Final Fantasy Anthology and digging into Final Fantasy 6, my vote for the best to this day.

lindbergh

If it's not illegal in your place then you could just download a PS emulator and download the FF games on the internet. It could be a bit taxing to download them though since Final Fantasy 7 encompasses 3 discs while Final Fantasy 8 and 9 encompasses 4 discs. If you have the patience to download all of these files, you would be able to enjoy these games for free.

Medza

This is something of a gaming confession, but I never played any Final Fantasy game. English is my second language and at the time when I had my PS1 I only knew very basic English and it was certainly not enough to play RPG games which are so heavily focused on telling a story. This meant that I largely missed out on a lot of good games, but I guess there's always time to catch up.

Clark Wayne

Yes I do actually. In fact, I've made it a mission of mine to go back and play through all the older Final Fantasy games. I started out with X-2 and then beat XII. After that, I played and finished III on IOS. Right now, I'm currently doing a playthrough of Final Fantasy II on IOS as well. I think it's great that Square-Enix decided to release old Final Fantasy games on the app store as it gave many gamers a chance to experience the games for the first time.

Pickicool

I play Final Fantasy 3 now on Android!
The old Final Fantasy plusd are difficult to play in my opinion!

I still persistent and I can do all the series! I'd rather play as a PS Vita! I see it in the future!

I think to play a Final Fantasy 6 has often been regarded as the best Final Fantasy! FF7 is because I have done it a long time!
Before the PS1, I have not really played Final Fantasy. This is the time to correct me!

Gamer_Fries

I've never played a FF game because they never interested me and I was just usually annoyed by them. I would often be told by my friends that they were such good games and that I needed to play them but I had to start with 7 because it was the best. They would not stop telling me how they were so good. I've seen gameplay though but it doesn't interest my the only game in that style I really like is Breath of Death VII which is a really funny and unique game. I also saw some gameplay of the newer ones and they look more boring than watching paint dry.

Get Connected With PS4Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!