• Welcome to PS4Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Do you think a Grand Theft Auto V release for PS4 would be feasible?

Strelok

There has been no clear statement about this from Rockstar at all, but what do you guys think?

It obviously means better graphics, but also other improvements such as more cars and pedestrians on the streets, and a few other technical things improved too.

I think it would be quite a good idea and work. Maybe include an expansion with it like Episodes of Liberty City did or something.

RaggaJungle

I can't see this happening personally, but I could be wrong. To me it would seem odd that Rockstar would release GTA V for the PS4, I think they are more likely to get to work in creating GTA VI. If GTA V was to be released very much the same as it is presented on the PS3, then there will still be many sales. It would seem unfair for PS4 users to have a sharper looking version of GTA V so soon after releasing it for PS3.

TheDarkDefender

I actually thought they had plans to release it on Ps4? I know they haven't said much about it but I could have sworn gtav will be a ps4 game. I have no source or such but that's my gut feel.

Stuck_X_Button

I can see GTA V at a much later time...definitely as a digital release on PSN. I don't see anything being added to it (think San Andreas from PS2 to PS3 like five or six year apart, but not exactly at that length of time).

SpaceTiger

What Stuck_X_Button said, I'd say in two or three years as a PSN download. No graphical improvements or anything extra, just the game as is and maybe even further down the line as a PS+ free title.

...much, much further down the line.

mauricioq

That would probably not be very profitable for them...
Since the people who are buying the PS4 probably have the PS3 and consequently do have the GTAV already.
I can't see it happening. :/

Haze

I really don't see this happening. But I'd like to think they've got big plans for their debut on the PS4 :)

desarijulian

Have they really not announced it? I thought for sure that GTA V would be coming out for both next-gen consoles since a lot of late PS3/360 releases are doing the same thing. I mean AC4 came out, I think The Last of Us is doing the same. It would make sense financially for them and let's face it there are some things in GTA V that would benefit from the update hardware like crowd variety.

SpaceTiger

With AC4, Ubisoft and EA tend to coat whatever system is out or might be out soon with their titles (there will be an AC on active consoles and you will see some form of sports titles from EA on consoles). Rockstar not so much. They'll release a title for active consoles within that window, but if some new consoles are coming up and they've just recently released titles, they tend not to be on the new one.

An example would be Bully coming out October 2006 and hitting PSN in late 2012. With GTA titles, it's usually the same amount of time roughly.

Stuck_X_Button

An example would be Bully coming out October 2006 and hitting PSN in late 2012. With GTA titles, it's usually the same amount of time roughly.
Yeah Rockstar has gotten their PS2 stuff onto PS3 much later down the line even though Bully could've technically appeared on PS3 in its launch. It didn't even appear in the launch window. Maybe Rockstar will change it up this time, but I'm not seeing it.

Ghost_of_Crash

Financially it's a great idea, but I honestly don't see them releasing it on PS4 and Xbox One during the launch window. If I'm remembering correctly they didn't even release Bully during the Wii and Xbox 360 launch windows. I want to say they hit those consoles 2 years later. I don't see it being as long as Tiger and X believes though.

jbepp

It's definitely a posibilitty, but I don't know if they'll do it.
It could be a great opportunity to not only release the PC version, but also release the X1 and PS4 version. They'd also make more money that way.

desarijulian

I'd be surprised if they didn't do it. Although it is true that Rockstar has a reputation for taking their time with releases but isn't that because whenever they finish a major game they always take a super long vacation. I've heard Lazlow do interviews after a game comes out and he always talks about how the studio that made it is on like a 3 month vacation. It could just be that they want to take some time away before they come back to work on a PS4 compatible GTAV.

Tomba

I believe it's because they take their break then come back to work on the next big game. I would like for GTA V to be on PS4, but I don't see them getting around to it right after their break.

baracksyndel

True, but GTA V came out so close to the release of the PS4 and Xbox One that I would think that Rockstar would eventually get around to making a patch to upgrade the game to the new consoles. However, I could understand if it would take a while since they would also have to prepare their servers for GTA Online. Realistically it could take a year or more for GTA V to be available.

Legendoflore

I would like to see GTA V on the PS4 but I could see it taking some time. A year sounds pretty reasonable given that would have to prepare their servers for PS4 users, and we remember what happened when GTA Online originally launched. Also I imagine that they are still on break on don't even want to think about GTA right now. Their probably going to focus on their new PS4 title before they go back to GTA even if it's just an upgrade.

JackDannox

I don't think that Rockstar would make a port. It takes a lot of time, especially because of the differences between the PS3 specs and the PS4 specs. Hopefully they would spend the tme it could take to make a port, and either make decent DLC for GTA 5 or a new game.

Get Connected With PS4Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!