• Welcome to PS4Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Controllers

Thread starter #1
PlayStation must be making a killing on controllers for the PS4. I have gone through 2 now. I thought maybe the battery was gone but nope. Not sure what happens with them. Now I'm from Canada and at 74.99 a pop it sucks. I have had my system for 4 years now and at 2 years for a controller is crappy. I have PlayStation 1, 2, and 3 also and they have the original controllers for them.

Maybe it a flaw. Maybe it me.

Anyone no where you can het cheaper controllers in Canada? Anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Hey Bam :)

I think that two years are the average life for the PS4 controllers. My son and myself have both a PS4 and we already changed 3 controllers. So... I think it's not you, it's just the lack of quality in comparison to the old gen controllers.

I'm not in Candada but I can tell what I do to but original controllers with a lower price: on Amazon I put a controller in my whishlist, when it lowers the price (it happens often), I buy it. Here in EU, the list price for a new dualshock is about 60€ (ca. 70US$). I could buy it for 35€ because it was on promotion. Not with the color I loved more, but it's new and it will work for the next two years! :)

Thread starter #3
Ya I have been looking a ebgames and the have reconditioned for about $60 but not sure it is $20 more foe a now one. Only problem is I have a white ps4 and to find a white controller on Amazon seems to be pretty tough. Just got to keep looking I guess. I have been playing my ps3 lately till I can find my ps4 controller for a little cheaper.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
PlayStation must be making a killing on controllers for the PS4. I have gone through 2 now. I thought maybe the battery was gone but nope. Not sure what happens with them. Now I'm from Canada and at 74.99 a pop it sucks. I have had my system for 4 years now and at 2 years for a controller is crappy. I have PlayStation 1, 2, and 3 also and they have the original controllers for them.

Maybe it a flaw. Maybe it me.

Anyone no where you can het cheaper controllers in Canada? Anyone else have this problem?

I hope these controllers are the old, original PS4 controllers. The new controllers have light beams on the top of the touch button. The model number for these new ones is "CUH-ZCT2U." You can find this on the bottom of the packaging. In conjunction with these new controllers, is the ability to dim the lights in the PS4 options.

Thread starter #5
Well the white one was a old original controller I also had black one that just went dead. Don't want to buy new. I was thinking of a wired one but then it's wired but no battery. I just want to get back up and running.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Well the white one was a old original controller I also had black one that just went dead. Don't want to buy new. I was thinking of a wired one but then it's wired but no battery. I just want to get back up and running.

There is no "wired," there is only one controller. I mean, there's only one official controller, and it's wireless, with the option of plugging in a USB cable. So, if your "old" official controller in white is broke, and your black one is going dead, then it's time to invest in a new one. By new, I mean get the new CUH-ZCT2U model.

Upon checking online: YIKES. The prices are insane. 74 bucks for you guys. In the U.S. we have it easier than you guys: $41 to $64 with tax.

You can try this link to repair your controller: https://scea.secure.force.com/service/ServiceSystem

Thread starter #7
There is no "wired," there is only one controller. I mean, there's only one official controller, and it's wireless, with the option of plugging in a USB cable. So, if your "old" official controller in white is broke, and your black one is going dead, then it's time to invest in a new one. By new, I mean get the new CUH-ZCT2U model.

Upon checking online: YIKES. The prices are insane. 74 bucks for you guys. In the U.S. we have it easier than you guys: $41 to $64 with tax.

You can try this link to repair your controller: https://scea.secure.force.com/service/ServiceSystem
Thanks I will take a look at the site

Titan

, , Sniper Kitten, ,
Staff member
My original white one is still working (though I use it only as a guest and back up controller). My main controller I either bought the day I got my PS4 or soon after. That works too. And I got it customized almost 3 years ago. My PS4 controller outlasted all my PSX, PS2 and PS3 controllers. Those constantly broke. I've owned 3 PS3 controllers and each one broke. I frankensteined two PS3 controllers to make one working controller. I'm shocked that still works. But full disclosure, I use my PS4 controller on my PS3 now.

I hope these controllers are the old, original PS4 controllers. The new controllers have light beams on the top of the touch button. The model number for these new ones is "CUH-ZCT2U." You can find this on the bottom of the packaging. In conjunction with these new controllers, is the ability to dim the lights in the PS4 options.
You can dim the light bar or shut it off on the CUH-ZCT1U. I know. I did it (damn thing went dead way too fast otherwise, lol). You just have to do it in the system settings.

Ya I have been looking a ebgames and the have reconditioned for about $60 but not sure it is $20 more foe a now one. Only problem is I have a white ps4 and to find a white controller on Amazon seems to be pretty tough. Just got to keep looking I guess. I have been playing my ps3 lately till I can find my ps4 controller for a little cheaper.

Just out of curiousity, why do you want to match the controller to the console so bad? I wouldn't bother personally. But then again, I have a crazy complex that when I have a console, my main controller MUST be blue :)

Thread starter #9
My original white one is still working (though I use it only as a guest and back up controller). My main controller I either bought the day I got my PS4 or soon after. That works too. And I got it customized almost 3 years ago. My PS4 controller outlasted all my PSX, PS2 and PS3 controllers. Those constantly broke. I've owned 3 PS3 controllers and each one broke. I frankensteined two PS3 controllers to make one working controller. I'm shocked that still works. But full disclosure, I use my PS4 controller on my PS3 now.

You can dim the light bar or shut it off on the CUH-ZCT1U. I know. I did it (damn thing went dead way too fast otherwise, lol). You just have to do it in the system settings.

Just out of curiousity, why do you want to match the controller to the console so bad? I wouldn't bother personally. But then again, I have a crazy complex that when I have a console, my main controller MUST be blue :)
I want the white one back because the console is the Destiny The Taken King. It has graphics on it and I want it to match. I will most likely buy 2 one that is white that I will put away and one that is some other color just to use when I am playing. The white ones I never see at least here. Can get every color in th rainbow except that one.

I have tried getting off ebay and got scamed twice. Got money back but put a sour taste in my mouth now.

Get Connected With PS4Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!