• Welcome to PS4Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Class action lawsuit filed due to bug filled launch & dropping stock prices

jstep7262

"Based on the purported strength of the Battlefield 4 rollout then underway, defendants issued strong fiscal 2014 financial guidance for the Company and actually increased that guidance on October 29, 2013. The price of Electronic Arts' stock steadily climbed on these statements, reaching a Class Period high of $28.13 per share by August 23, 2013 and allowing certain of Electronic Arts' senior executives to sell their Electronic Arts stock at artificially inflated prices."

The complaint also references Battlefield 4's launch bugs, which saw the company's share price dive after it was revealed that EA had halted development of future DICE projects and Battlefield 4 DLC in order to focus on fixing the game.
So it seems that a class action lawsuit has been filed on behalf of investors that bought stock in EA between July 24th and December 4th because of the terrible launch, what with all of the bugs that are causing all sorts of issues including random game crashes. With all of the bug issues that EA is having to work on fixing at the moment, production on all other projects has been halted, pending BF4 fixes. The lawsuit claims that now the financial results that they were on track to make will not be possible. Stock prices have fallen and well, they're pissed. Not to say that I exactly blame them either. I mean, did EA/Dice do much quality testing before launch? I can't get over how buggy the game is. EA/Dice usually has a much better track record on games at launch. Of course there will always be bugs, but I can't remember seeing them to this extent.

What do you guys think? Is the lawsuit reasonable or ridiculous?

Source: VideoGamer

Jaymayne67

I think it's perfectly reasonable, as they have not put out any updates recently. I have severe lag issues, and the game just errors out on multiple occasions. Which sucks because I really enjoy playing it online WHEN I am able to. A simple we are working to fix it would be awesome, not "We are continuing to monitor some intermittent connectivity issues affecting some players across various platforms. Thank you for your patience. We will update this with further information as available". They know good and well there are several issues, yet all they want to do is monitor? Come on EA/Dice.

Jay

Get Connected With PS4Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!