• Welcome to PS4Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Bayonetta 2 isn't doing well in Japan apparently

deathbyprayer

I honestly thought this game would be the kicker for the Wii U (except of course for the Nintendo legends; Mario, Zelda, Smash). It seems that this game is not selling well in Japan among all places. I've played the first game and I've seen so much of 2 and this game just screams Japanese culture in all of it's pixel but somehow the Japanese don't like it. I hope this game does well in the US or else this might be the end for Bayonetta.

The Unlosing Ranger

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger
I heard that Bayonetta 2 is doing worse than Bayonetta 1 did on 360 in Japan during its first week. Bayo1 on 360 nearly sold double the amount that Bayo2 sold on its first week. It's being outsold by a 360 game in Japan. That's just absurd if it's true, honestly.

The game still looks friggin' sweet though, I'm not one to say a game is good or bad based on sales.

Meanwhile, Smash Bros. 3DS continues selling a lot!

Ciel

See-Elle
Well, Smash Bros. is Smash Bros.; it is a pretty hard game/franchise to compete with.

deathbyprayer

I heard that Bayonetta 2 is doing worse than Bayonetta 1 did on 360 in Japan during its first week. Bayo1 on 360 nearly sold double the amount that Bayo2 sold on its first week. It's being outsold by a 360 game in Japan. That's just absurd if it's true, honestly.

The game still looks friggin' sweet though, I'm not one to say a game is good or bad based on sales.

Meanwhile, Smash Bros. 3DS continues selling a lot!
Sales don't really do justice for a games quality it's the marketing departments fault. I feel a bit annoyed though, Nintendo seems to not care at all about Bayo2. I guess they're still screaming for a general kid friendly audience. If sales go down even more they should really make an Xbox or a PS4 port.

The Unlosing Ranger

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger
An Xbox or PS4 port isn't ever gonna happen, since Nintendo is involved. It's sad, but I guess the game wouldn't have even been made without Nintendo's involvement...

Get Connected With PS4Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!