• Welcome to PS4Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Anyone ever customize their PS3?

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
Not talking about modding the internals but I was wondering if anyone changed the look to the case of their PS3 or the controllers to make them look cooler and personalized? I've thought about personalizing mine but aside from my photography, I have no artistic skills what so ever to make mine look cool. I wouldn't mind painting a cool design on mine :)

Frantic

, , Founder, ,
I haven't but a friend of mine is big into doing that. He modded his Xbox 360 and Ps3 with a clear casing and it lights up on the inside. I think you can buy the cases now that are painted and designed to throw on their if you don't want to do it yourself.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
I haven't but a friend of mine is big into doing that. He modded his Xbox 360 and Ps3 with a clear casing and it lights up on the inside. I think you can buy the cases now that are painted and designed to throw on their if you don't want to do it yourself.
But that takes the fun out of it :p

DrRipley

I used to do this with my old consoles and controllers as I worked up to replacing them - i.e. soon getting a PS2 so I'd feel free to toy around with the very worn out and nearly broken PS1 by spraypainting it my preferred color. I don't think I'd be doing it with this console though as it looks like it will be lasting me a lot longer and I wouldn't want to risk it. I'd consider it once I decide on buying a backup console though if I do decide to do so.

Haze

I never have. I'd be afraid to break something. Plus, my PS3 is kind of hidden so you wouldn't really know it was customized unless I pulled it out of the TV unit.

RobDaCool

No, I really don't see the need too. Only myself and my wife would see it. None of my real life friends, IF you can call them friends, even game.

novasparker

No, but my daughter is wanting to make some customizations to her controller. She wants to add band stickers to the controller and draw on the console. It's her console, so I really don't mind, but I did remind her that it will be more difficult to sell or trade in later. She is very creative so I know that the art that she puts on the console will be good, but not everyone will like it,so she's pretty well stuck with it if she does it. Her choice though...it's her system.

Haymansafc

No. I have never customised my PS3. I never saw the point of doing so and truth be told, I'm tight with my money!

It remains as it did the day it was unboxed and still on it's original single controller too. All that I've ever done to it is slot discs in and given it the occasional dust/polish when required.

As above, mine is buried away in a TV cabinet (actually, it's a converted Pioneer vinyl record player stand with a glass front from the 1970's!), so there wouldn't be any point to doing so anyway!

orz

I never bothered to, I never really pay any attention to the console since its always tucked away. My friend got a skin which he's basically put around the external outside of it but I don't really get the appeal, just cheapens it for me.

CpmPanda

My brother in law came over to my house one time with some stencils because my kids wanted a custom t-shirt. He's good at spray painint and at drawing, he asked me if there's anything else we need so I asked him to do my ps3. As a Panda on it. Right on top there was a big panda bear, twaz epic. BUT the spray paint started to crack and I had to clean it off :( it looked rad.

GetFresh

I never put any thought into it. Honestly, I think it's just a waste of time. You're going to be concentrating on the gameplay rather than the console itself.

TheDarkDefender

Wouldn't putting a cover or something on your ps3 make it that much more likely to over-heat? I've seen covers on PS3's but never understood why you need them or if they'll even mess up the ps3? I'd like my ps3 to look boss as hell but instead I just put 2 stickers on it.

SeanM

Does modding it count? If so yes, I had a PS3 that could run downloaded games from the HDD... it was really cool actually...

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
I have a PS4 that can run downloaded games. But I need to download them from the PSN store first :grin

But yeah,I presume you mean you had your PS3 jailbroken and installed custom FW to run pirated games SeanM? I am I mistaken?

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
Does modding it count? If so yes, I had a PS3 that could run downloaded games from the HDD... it was really cool actually...
No really....In the first post it actually says he's not talking about modding and modding doesn't count and also violates the TOS of the console use.

Get Connected With PS4Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!