Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Back on the PS4!

Has anyone picked this up? Will anyone pick this up?

Just wondering if anybody has given this game a go yet.

I thought the original Amazing Spider-Man game on the PS3 was surprisingly great. So I've been looking forward to this release, but haven't really heard much about it. I've seen some streams via Live From Playstation, but it seems a lot of the comments are negative towards the game.
    "You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall.
    But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

PSN ID
    sparkblade14
    Yeah, general consensus is that it's mediocre. IGN gave it a 5.4. The graphics look reaaallly dated. Apparently the story sucks and it's buggy. But the web slinging is improved and they tried to copy the Arkham series's combat system.

Back on the PS4!

From memory the original Amazing Spider-Man game stole the combat formula from Batman as well.
    "You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall.
    But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

I bought it yesterday, the other games were fun, though lacking compared to other open world games. Definitely looks better, but not a lot of attention to detail around the city like Second Son or games like that.

I personally do not like the swinging, having to switch between left and right all the time, I prefer the simpler version in the last game. Its pretty much identical to the previous game from what I have seen in the little I have played it so far.

Le premier The Amazing Spider-man était une bonne petite surprise, pour les fans du tisseur c’était vraiment un bon petit jeu. Et voila The Amazing Spider-man 2, il y a pas d’énorme différence avec le premier. Le gameplay reste le même, et tant mieux, car c'est toujours aussi efficace, les combats sont fluides et dynamiques, surtout contre les différents boss, les déplacements sont toujours aussi agréables, et même plus, grâce a de petites nouveautés plutôt sympathiques. Les graphismes .... c'est moche, les arrières plans sont vraiment horribles, la distance d'affichage est mauvaise, on voit souvent certains objets apparaitre au dernier moment et pour de la PS4 c'est pas terrible, même pour de la PS3 de toute façon.... heureusement que Spidey, lui, est très bien fait et a le droit a de très bonnes animations. La durée de vie est pas trop mal, en ligne droite comptez 7h, mais dans l'open world il y a des crimes a combattre, il faut aider des gens dans des incendies, aider les policiers dans des courses poursuites..... c'est rigolo et agréable a faire. De plus il y a toujours les comics a ramasser. The Amazing Spider-man 2 n'est pas un grand jeu, mais les combats dynamiques et le plaisir de ce balancer de toile en toile au milieu des immeubles de New-york risquent de faire plaisir aux fans de Spider-man, d'on moi. Un jeu a réservé aux fans.

The first The Amazing Spiderman was a good surprise for me. If you're a fan of Spiderman you will probably enjoy the second part too. The game isn't that much different from the first one, at least not when it comes to game mechanics etc... And that's good. There are obviously a lot of new ennemies and different bosses... The game's lifetime is alright, I beat it in like 8 hours, it's not much but sufficient for a game like Spiderman.

The game isn't amazing (no pun intended) but it's still very fun to play, the fights, swing around in the city etc...

I would give it a 7/10

PSN ID
    romanadigital
    i have seen just trailers.

Darkness

PSN ID
    Dead1y-Derri
    I'm wanting to pick this up but I'll do it when its at a much lower price. £40 for a medicore game that's suppose to be a bit buggy....I'll wait a while.

I finished the game yesterday and have to say, the story mode is incredibly week. I did not even know I was facing the final boss. Its fun for a spider man game, but falls very short compared to other open world games on the PS4 and PS3. Mediocre entertainment, same old same old for spider man.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderings View Post
    I finished the game yesterday and have to say, the story mode is incredibly week. I did not even know I was facing the final boss. Its fun for a spider man game, but falls very short compared to other open world games on the PS4 and PS3. Mediocre entertainment, same old same old for spider man.
    That's a shame. I like Spider-Man and they released a great game for the Playstation2, I had lots of fun playing it. By the comments, this one is not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by mauricioq View Post
    That's a shame. I like Spider-Man and they released a great game for the Playstation2, I had lots of fun playing it. By the comments, this one is not that good.
    It's good bad, but it's not amazing either really. I'd put it above average truthfully. Good, but not great, but I guess you get as much out of the game as you choose to put into it. Then again, it's a movie tie in game, so you know there's rarely been that many really good ones.

I thought it is actually a decent game to be honest.
    Graphics isnt the best to be honest but the gameplay is really good.
    Would give the game 6/10
    Could of improved.

I have not picked up the new Amazing Spiderman game and I do not plan to either. I am wise enough to know that mostly every game to be released after a movie totally sucks. Movie based games are no more than a scheme to milk money from the fans of the movie. Of course not every movie based game is like this, but this one is definitely one of those games.

Darkness

PSN ID
    Dead1y-Derri
    I'd pick it up for around £20 or less used or new because I know its a game that isn't great e.g. reviews weren't great. But I know I'd enjoy playing said game.

Quote Originally Posted by ash2014uk View Post
    I thought it is actually a decent game to be honest.
    Graphics isnt the best to be honest but the gameplay is really good.
    Would give the game 6/10
    Could of improved.
    The gameplay is pretty much exactly like the previous spiderman game. It seems like they just made the graphics a bit better and pushed this out for sale. It is still fun to be swinging around as Spiderman, but it could be so much more. Seems like they are just doing what they did before except change a few minor little things. If you played the last spiderman for PS3, you have played this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Derri View Post
    I'd pick it up for around £20 or less used or new because I know its a game that isn't great e.g. reviews weren't great. But I know I'd enjoy playing said game.
    Honestly, this is always what you should be doing when it comes to movie tie in games.

Darkness

PSN ID
    Dead1y-Derri
    Quote Originally Posted by Livvy View Post
    Honestly, this is always what you should be doing when it comes to movie tie in games.
    Depends on the studio. EA, when they made James Bond games, the movie tie ins were often fairly good, creative, yet reminded within the movie's roots. Now when Activision made the game it felt lazy and a CoD spinoff. I guess it depends on the studio.

However you're correct, it generally is best to hold off until they're cheap or pick it up used because they won't be 'OMG fantastic game' but it will be something you enjoy because of the association with the movie.

Depends on the studio. EA, when they made James Bond games, the movie tie ins were often fairly good, creative, yet reminded within the movie's roots. Now when Activision made the game it felt lazy and a CoD spinoff. I guess it depends on the studio.

However you're correct, it generally is best to hold off until they're cheap or pick it up used because they won't be 'OMG fantastic game' but it will be something you enjoy because of the association with the movie.
    I can only think of one or two good James Bond games, and that's Goldeneye, which had little to nothing to do with the movie, and Nightfire, which was just using the Bond name.

Darkness

PSN ID
    Dead1y-Derri
    I can only think of one or two good James Bond games, and that's Goldeneye, which had little to nothing to do with the movie, and Nightfire, which was just using the Bond name.
    There haven't been too many movie based Bond games but there have been ones that have tried and failed epically to create a story based off specific events in movies.

Everything or Nothing (Stand along title, Critics really adored that game though as it used many of the current James Bond cast back then to do voice overs and other stuff)
    From Russia with love (Based on Film) - Good game
    Quantum of Solace (Based on Film) - Started the downhill patch
    Bloodstone - This was its own story but based on events that happened after Quantum of Solace. It was published by Activision but it was actually a prime title, developed by a good studio
    Golden Eye: Reloaded - Based on the film goldeneye but with a modern James Bond actor, Daniel Craig- this was when Activison started to make CoD spinoffs
    007 Legneds - A level of most of the Bond films was featured, including a Skyfall free DLC addon.

Golden Eye and Legends were poorly made games, lacking any kind of serious mechanics or development time. Basically CoD spinoffs but even more like crap.

There haven't been too many movie based Bond games but there have been ones that have tried and failed epically to create a story based off specific events in movies.

Everything or Nothing (Stand along title, Critics really adored that game though as it used many of the current James Bond cast back then to do voice overs and other stuff)
    From Russia with love (Based on Film) - Good game
    Quantum of Solace (Based on Film) - Started the downhill patch
    Bloodstone - This was its own story but based on events that happened after Quantum of Solace. It was published by Activision but it was actually a prime title, developed by a good studio
    Golden Eye: Reloaded - Based on the film goldeneye but with a modern James Bond actor, Daniel Craig- this was when Activison started to make CoD spinoffs
    007 Legneds - A level of most of the Bond films was featured, including a Skyfall free DLC addon.

Golden Eye and Legends were poorly made games, lacking any kind of serious mechanics or development time. Basically CoD spinoffs but even more like crap.
    Wow, I didn't realise there was so many Bond games, although you did forget Goldeneye:Rogue Agent...probably with good reason though.

no i havent picked it up and dont intend to because im not a spiderman or any marvel hero fan. i find them annoying. i like them back in the day but i grew out of it.

Darkness

PSN ID
    Dead1y-Derri
    Wow, I didn't realise there was so many Bond games, although you did forget Goldeneye:Rogue Agent...probably with good reason though.
    I purposely forgot them because I hadn't actually played it :P

I purposely forgot them because I hadn't actually played it :P
    Trust me;you don't want to. It was...pretty bad.

PSN ID
    Sekelani
    Thanks slot for confirming how crappie this game is, I was about to buy it lol.

Back on the PS4!

Quote Originally Posted by Sekelani View Post
    Thanks slot for confirming how crappie this game is, I was about to buy it lol.
    Honestly, it's not that bad of a game. I wouldn't say purchase it, more of a rent because there really is no replay value. But for what it is (short and sweet) it's enjoyable. It's not something you'll remember long after you played and by any means among the best looking PS4 games, but it's a decent distraction for a few days.

I actually like the movie...alot so I think this game will be a hit...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast