Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SpaceTiger

Thread: Are you going to buy EA UFC?

Are you going to buy EA UFC?

EA UFC is EA sports next coming release.

I am really in to combat sports. So, it would be obvious why a UFC game would appeal to me. I would have rather EA sports released another version of their boxing series "Fight Night". Fight Night was my favorite game on the PlayStation 4.

However EA sports decided not to release the game this year. For that reason EA UFC is will have to replace it in my collection until the next one is released.
    I am hoping the Ea sports uses some of the game modes that were that were in Fight Night Champion.

Especially "Online World Championships".

Are you looking forward to EA UFC?

I am looking forward to this game. I love UFC/MMA as a sport, so I'm naturally drawn to their game and it helps that their games are very well made and very accurate. They still can use a lot more improvement and evolution, though, and it's why I can't wait to see what they do with it using a more powerful console. Like in the case of Fight Night, wherein I don't think they really hit their stride until many games later, I'm betting UFC will get tons better too with every game that they put out.

I might get it when I get a PS4 later this year. I'm more of a fan of Japanese MMA--Pride FC especially, it put the spectacle in MMA and every major fight went beyond major and became epic with the pro wrestling presentation of that time. Sadly the Pride game on PS2 didn't catch that.

Anyway, this UFC game is looking great. I'm sure EA will deliver the goods on it, but I'd like for them to get back to Fight Night as well and make a lot of improvements on it. The core game is perfect, but it hasn't changed much beyond controls over 14 years or so.
    Nackles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by corporatenoun View Post
    That's $2 per level. Not for a normal video game level, but an Angry Birds level. Might as well go to Newgrounds at that point.

Pride was awesome. I watched a lot of Dream tournaments also. I will probably get the UFC game but only because I like MMA so much. The last UFC game I really got into though was on the Dreamcast hahaha.

Pride was incredible. It was like old school MMA back when it was concrete discipline vs. discipline with massive production. Like prior to MMA becoming more uniform with everyone and their mother versing themselves in BJJ. As for EA UFC, I'll pick it up. Would be cool if they have a mode where you play from different decades in UFC. I'd love to be Super Fight Champion or go through tournaments.

Tempted by this game, not that I've heard much about it but the idea of having a good fight online against someone on the other side of the world sounds like a lot of fun. What's the learning curve on these games like ? I assume it rewards players who put more time into playing it but does it allow newer players to be at least slightly competitive ?

PSN ID
    Sandfish12-
    Quote Originally Posted by motivatedhobo View Post
    Tempted by this game, not that I've heard much about it but the idea of having a good fight online against someone on the other side of the world sounds like a lot of fun. What's the learning curve on these games like ? I assume it rewards players who put more time into playing it but does it allow newer players to be at least slightly competitive ?
    I only played the first or second (can't remember without looking online) ufc game and was new to it. I imagine this one will be harder to learn, but you'll definitely be able to compete in single player. Online, you'll probably get destroyed until you've practiced a lot. However, I'm tempted to get it, and happy to learn/practice with you.

I am definitely going to buy the next edition of EA's Ultimate Fighting Championship. My friends and I have a blast playing all the current UFC games I cant imagine a new version being any different.

PSN ID
    sparkblade14
    Maybe, I'm not a big UFC guy though. I prefer boxing more. So, I prefer the Fight Night series more. Is the online on UFC any good? Is it laggy? And how hard is it to get into? I know the Fight Night series had a pretty intuitive control scheme that beginners might not understand.