Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Real Flight Simulator

  1. #1
    Alex_68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Milano, Italy
    Posts
    609
    PSN ID
    Lo-Zio-Ale
    Rep Power
    50

    Real Flight Simulator

    Hey guys,

    I am looking for a flight simulator to purchase for myself. Not just a software to play on PC or on a console, but the whole kit composed by the chair, the cockpit, instruments, pedals, levers, etc.

    Something like this:



    Any ideas, hints?

    Thank's!!
    PSN ID: Lo-Zio-Ale | Multiplayer mode: ON | Time zone: GMT+1 | My PSN Profile

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    271
    Rep Power
    19
    I wonder if you should be looking at the new VR stuff coming out. I can imagine that chair and all the controls with VR would be amazing. Downside I guess is you cannot see the buttons on the controls.

  3. #3

    Sniper Kitten

    Titan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    1,007
    PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    Rep Power
    62
    I believe you just posted a picture of what you need there Alex. Buy that
    PSX4Central.com Quite possibly the oldest PS community on the net

  4. #4
    Alex_68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Milano, Italy
    Posts
    609
    PSN ID
    Lo-Zio-Ale
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderings View Post
    I wonder if you should be looking at the new VR stuff coming out.

    What are you referring to, Wonderings?
    PSN ID: Lo-Zio-Ale | Multiplayer mode: ON | Time zone: GMT+1 | My PSN Profile

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    271
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_68 View Post
    What are you referring to, Wonderings?
    Something like this:


    Get full emersion in the flight simulator... or at least much more then a few screens put together.

    I think the only difficulty is the controls. If you want that realistic dash with all the buttons and dials a plane has, not sure how you could use those when not seeing it while in virtual reality.
    Alex_68 likes this.

  6. #6
    Alex_68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Milano, Italy
    Posts
    609
    PSN ID
    Lo-Zio-Ale
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderings View Post
    Something like this
    Okay I see. Looks intriguing but, as you also have said, it seems to be difficult to look at the cockpit easely. Thank you for your hint!!
    PSN ID: Lo-Zio-Ale | Multiplayer mode: ON | Time zone: GMT+1 | My PSN Profile

  7. #7
    Alex_68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Milano, Italy
    Posts
    609
    PSN ID
    Lo-Zio-Ale
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    I believe you just posted a picture of what you need there Alex. Buy that
    Titan, I wish. Problem is that such application is home-made and not produced in series by a company, so I should buy all single components and put them together. Impossible for me because I don't have the proper skills to do it. I need an equipement which is ready to use, or almost.
    PSN ID: Lo-Zio-Ale | Multiplayer mode: ON | Time zone: GMT+1 | My PSN Profile

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    271
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_68 View Post
    Okay I see. Looks intriguing but, as you also have said, it seems to be difficult to look at the cockpit easely. Thank you for your hint!!
    You cannot see through the Oculus Rift, when it is on you only see the VR. Do you use all those buttons? I have only done a few flight simulators and they were pretty simple. I would think full emersion in a VR flight simulator would be pretty awesome and might be worth losing the ability to control whatever it is you control with everything on the cockpit.

  9. #9
    Alex_68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Milano, Italy
    Posts
    609
    PSN ID
    Lo-Zio-Ale
    Rep Power
    50
    I think I have found something interesting here:

    http://xforcepc.com/index.php/flight...am-system.html
    PSN ID: Lo-Zio-Ale | Multiplayer mode: ON | Time zone: GMT+1 | My PSN Profile

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    271
    Rep Power
    19
    I would seriously wait this year before investing in a system like that. Some really cool things coming with VR. HTC Valve is a VR headset that has a camera on the front of the headset, so certain things from the real world it can see. If you want real immersion, VR is the only way you will get it. Some large monitors will just not compare, no matter how big they are. The HTC Valve looks like it would incorporate the best of best worlds, VR with the potential to see the control board outside of VR without removing the head gear.
    Alex_68 likes this.

  11. #11
    Alex_68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Milano, Italy
    Posts
    609
    PSN ID
    Lo-Zio-Ale
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderings View Post
    I would seriously wait this year before investing in a system like that. Some really cool things coming with VR. HTC Valve is a VR headset that has a camera on the front of the headset, so certain things from the real world it can see. If you want real immersion, VR is the only way you will get it. Some large monitors will just not compare, no matter how big they are. The HTC Valve looks like it would incorporate the best of best worlds, VR with the potential to see the control board outside of VR without removing the head gear.
    You are right my friend, wise suggestion, thank's Wonderings

    I will keep on playing with my MFSX on my PC screen for the moment, without dreaming too much. Eventually I will buy one of those cloches for 50-60 bucks, just to have the sensation to drive a plane... lol.

    PSN ID: Lo-Zio-Ale | Multiplayer mode: ON | Time zone: GMT+1 | My PSN Profile

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    271
    Rep Power
    19
    I ordered an Oculus Rift, does not ship till June. Super excited about it as I have been waiting for VR my entire life. Reading a tone of reviews and watching a ton of youtube videos, seems it does such a good job at tricking the brain. They have videos of people standing up in a room with the VR headset on. In the virtual world they are on a roller coaster and people are losing balance and falling down as they think they are going down steep hills or loops. Pretty funny to watch, but amazing that your brain can be tricked like that. You know you are in a room, you know you are not really on a roller coaster, but still the sensation is supposed to be pretty real. Can only imagine what it would be like flying and looking around being IN the airplane cockpit.

  13. #13
    Alex_68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Milano, Italy
    Posts
    609
    PSN ID
    Lo-Zio-Ale
    Rep Power
    50
    I have tried something once in an amusement park where I watched a roller coaster movie, projected on a 180 screen, very similar to a huge shell. I was standing and, really, I risked to fall down...

    Anyway yes, the near future will offer us a lot of fun with that VR technology, I agree again.
    PSN ID: Lo-Zio-Ale | Multiplayer mode: ON | Time zone: GMT+1 | My PSN Profile

  14. #14

    The Enforcer

    Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,187
    PSN ID
    private/PM me
    Rep Power
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderings View Post
    .... as I have been waiting for VR my entire life...
    Ive been using VR for some time now,albeit in a slightly down specced form.
    All you need is a decent phone,google cardboard or one of the huge amount of plastic headsets out there.
    See here for more info: Google Cardboard and other VR Headsets for mobiles phones
    You might be eligible for site trophies! >>click here<< and >>here<< for more info.


  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    271
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Ive been using VR for some time now,albeit in a slightly down specced form.
    All you need is a decent phone,google cardboard or one of the huge amount of plastic headsets out there.
    See here for more info: Google Cardboard and other VR Headsets for mobiles phones
    Oh I know about that, and not interested in that version. I have a PC that can power the Oculus rift and looking forward to where it goes on machines that can handle a lot.

    I can only imagine how amazing this must look in VR:

  16. #16
    Alex_68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Milano, Italy
    Posts
    609
    PSN ID
    Lo-Zio-Ale
    Rep Power
    50
    Okay, my new equipment has arrived :




    Can't wait to crash a couple of planes while I learn how to use it.
    PSN ID: Lo-Zio-Ale | Multiplayer mode: ON | Time zone: GMT+1 | My PSN Profile

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    271
    Rep Power
    19
    How much does that cost? Do you need specific games that would be able to use those controls? Looks like it would be an easy to use control while in VR. I am looking forward to Eve Valkrie, a space dog fighting game. Would be cool if that would work with it.

  18. #18
    Alex_68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Milano, Italy
    Posts
    609
    PSN ID
    Lo-Zio-Ale
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderings View Post
    How much does that cost? Do you need specific games that would be able to use those controls? Looks like it would be an easy to use control while in VR. I am looking forward to Eve Valkrie, a space dog fighting game. Would be cool if that would work with it.
    Its name is T-Flight Hotas X.
    I have purchased it on Ebay, from a professional shopper who delivered it new within three days. Paid 60 Euros, shipment included.

    It comes with two default configurations: HawkX for PS3 and Microsoft FSX for PC.

    The instructions sheets show a link where you can download (for free):
    - the drivers for Windows OS
    - the complete PDF manual
    - the access to various games settings

    The controller is splitable. Means that if you remove two screws below the chassis, you can separate the joystick from the throttle lever to make it more real and ergonomical. The weight is enough to play without moving it on your desk.

    All the buttons on the controller are programmable, so I assume you can use it also with Eve Valkrie. I suggest you to visit this forum because it's very specific for many flight simulators and I am sure you will find the answers you are looking for.
    PSN ID: Lo-Zio-Ale | Multiplayer mode: ON | Time zone: GMT+1 | My PSN Profile

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    271
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_68 View Post
    Its name is T-Flight Hotas X.
    I have purchased it on Ebay, from a professional shopper who delivered it new within three days. Paid 60 Euros, shipment included.

    It comes with two default configurations: HawkX for PS3 and Microsoft FSX for PC.

    The instructions sheets show a link where you can download (for free):
    - the drivers for Windows OS
    - the complete PDF manual
    - the access to various games settings

    The controller is splitable. Means that if you remove two screws below the chassis, you can separate the joystick from the throttle lever to make it more real and ergonomical. The weight is enough to play without moving it on your desk.

    All the buttons on the controller are programmable, so I assume you can use it also with Eve Valkrie. I suggest you to visit this forum because it's very specific for many flight simulators and I am sure you will find the answers you are looking for.
    Cool, will have to check that out. Love that it is splittable. That was the only thing that did not look appealing about it.

    If it is programmable it should work then no problem. Only so many buttons you need for a pilot shooter game.

  20. #20
    Alex_68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Milano, Italy
    Posts
    609
    PSN ID
    Lo-Zio-Ale
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderings View Post
    Cool, will have to check that out. Love that it is splittable. That was the only thing that did not look appealing about it.

    If it is programmable it should work then no problem. Only so many buttons you need for a pilot shooter game.
    Another feature I have been nicely surprised about, is the joystick's strenght adjustment: right below there is a big knob that you can rotate and that makes your joystick harder or softer to move.

    Look at this picture:



    The gamer is not playing neither PS3 nor MFSX but something very similar to Valkyrie (if not Valkyrie itself). Much probably he has configured the controller to suit his game. I didn't try it so far, but the instructions say that, when you download the drivers for Windows, you also get a Control Panel able to "tell" to every button what to do.
    PSN ID: Lo-Zio-Ale | Multiplayer mode: ON | Time zone: GMT+1 | My PSN Profile

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    271
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_68 View Post
    Another feature I have been nicely surprised about, is the joystick's strenght adjustment: right below there is a big knob that you can rotate and that makes your joystick harder or softer to move.

    Look at this picture:



    The gamer is not playing neither PS3 nor MFSX but something very similar to Valkyrie (if not Valkyrie itself). Much probably he has configured the controller to suit his game. I didn't try it so far, but the instructions say that, when you download the drivers for Windows, you also get a Control Panel able to "tell" to every button what to do.
    I have a gaming mouse like that, it has 15 buttons on the mouse, each I can map to do whatever I want it to do. Great features that allow you to use it the way you want.

  22. #22
    Alex_68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Milano, Italy
    Posts
    609
    PSN ID
    Lo-Zio-Ale
    Rep Power
    50
    Okay, I am so excited that I want to share it with you all... LOL!!

    Tired of playing with my MS Flight Simulator X on a 10-years-old-PC (Mac) I purchased the following:

    Brand: ASUS 850W 0db
    Processor: Intel Core i7
    RAM: 16 Gb
    Video card GPU: Asus Nvidia GTX970 4Gb
    HD SSD 240 Gb & DVD

    3x Monitor Asus Gaming 24”
    1x Monitor Asus 21,5”
    Mad Catz Pro Flight Yoke System



    To be expanded and improved in future.
    Last edited by Alex_68; March 14th, 2016 at 03:32 AM.
    PSN ID: Lo-Zio-Ale | Multiplayer mode: ON | Time zone: GMT+1 | My PSN Profile

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    271
    Rep Power
    19
    Nice rig, and wow that is a lot of monitors!

  24. #24
    Alex_68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Milano, Italy
    Posts
    609
    PSN ID
    Lo-Zio-Ale
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderings View Post
    Nice rig, and wow that is a lot of monitors!
    Yes, three for the front + side views and the smaller one for the cockpit. I am also drawing a special desk to hold them all in the correct position. There is nothing on the market at decent prices, so I had to study it by myself, with the help of a friend of mine who very skilled in PC gaming stuffs. I will post a picture once everything is working. In 10-15 days.
    PSN ID: Lo-Zio-Ale | Multiplayer mode: ON | Time zone: GMT+1 | My PSN Profile

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    271
    Rep Power
    19
    Did you look into the VR stuff? I really think that is the future for all this and will change gaming completely, especially simulators. I would imagine a VR headset would be cheaper then 4 monitors and your rig would certainly power an Occulus Rift or HTC Vive.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Which PS4 Wheels, Flight Sticks and Guns are Compatible w/ the following PS4 games:
    By whydidthishappen in forum PlayStation 4 Accessories & Peripherals
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 4th, 2016, 10:10 AM
  2. Flight Joystick
    By Woj8667 in forum PlayStation 4 Accessories & Peripherals
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 27th, 2015, 05:33 AM
  3. PS4 Real Name Ban
    By memoria in forum Off Topic Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: December 20th, 2014, 10:30 AM
  4. Real name instead of psn
    By Rob in forum DriveClub
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: October 24th, 2014, 06:38 AM
  5. Political Simulator
    By Mudgee in forum Forum Games
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 12th, 2013, 01:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •