Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Titan

Thread: Response Time - TV or Monitor

Response Time - TV or Monitor

I've heard some TV's got under 5ms response time, but atm those are out of my budget. The model i'm looking for have 8ms, is it too noticable and do ghosting?

Second, does playing on TV or monitor makes difference? If so, what are those?

Sniper Kitten

PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    I doubt you'll notice too much of a difference to be completely honest with you. There will be a difference, but you'll have to have experience with 5ms and 8ms to be able to pick it out. I play on an older Insignia TV. That likely has 8ms and I've never had a problem. Best I can tell you is pick the best specs for your budget. May even be worth it to go over budget a bit or hold off buying a TV for a month or two and save money to spend a bit more. Just my opinion though

I have no experience with monitors. Others on here who play on monitors swear by them. But then again, a monitor is an LCD screen built very similar to a TV. You have to compare specs.
    PSX4Central.com Quite possibly the oldest PS community on the net

I Shall Finish The Game Dmadman72's Avatar
    PSN ID
    dmadman72
    I know this is audio But to be honest I don't think the eye would pick op the difference. 7 seconds in will tell you the difference between 9.8 MS and 3 MS. 5 MS would even be closer together. In layman's terms, If you have been drinking Mountain Dew and doing cocaine all day you might be able to notice the difference otherwise the playing field is pretty even. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zZRy-UArXM

Sniper Kitten

PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmadman72 View Post
    I know this is audio But to be honest I don't think the eye would pick op the difference. 7 seconds in will tell you the difference between 9.8 MS and 3 MS. 5 MS would even be closer together. In layman's terms, If you have been drinking Mountain Dew and doing cocaine all day you might be able to notice the difference otherwise the playing field is pretty even. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zZRy-UArXM
    Sounds like you have some experience with Mountain Dew, cocaine and TV refresh rates Now meth is where it's at. You can see the fabric of space and time
    Dmadman72 likes this.
    PSX4Central.com Quite possibly the oldest PS community on the net