Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    PSN ID
    Kingsley_420

Exclamation Ps4 Hdmi problem HELP!!!

Hi.
    So, I have a standard 1 ter ra byte ps4 that I got for my big day 8 months ago and ever since its had a problem where the screen is zoomed in by about an inch but the real problem is that the graphics/resolution is slightly dark and not very crisp or smooth and hurts my eyes a bit. The real problem is that once I fixed it by moving the cable slightly which worked 3 times but not again, I personally think it's the port because it looked really good on my TV when i fixed it and I've tried multiple cables and the graphics are still zoomed in and ugly HELP please. I'm only 14 and my parents won't help anymore as they don't know and get pissed off when I bring it up. EdIT: I just discovered that my ps4 light is white when I play with sound and all just graphics looking %70 how it should..
    Last edited by Kingsley; June 2nd, 2017 at 06:02 AM.

Sniper Kitten

PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    I'm sorry. I'm having trouble following this. So, the screen picture is zoomed in? Is it only on certain games? Or all the time? Sounds like your TV zoom settings are wrong. I've done this before by accident. You have to go into the TV's zoom settings and change it from (what I assume to be zoom or theater) to full. If it's all the time, just go to the PS4 home screen so it will be easier to see a stable picture on the TV (can also go into a game and pause). Go into the TV settings via your remote and find the option to change the zoom. Click it a few times until it looks right and you're set.

BTW, your PS4's light should be white. Mine is always white.
    PSX4Central.com Quite possibly the oldest PS community on the net

PSN ID
    Kingsley_420
    I've done everything you've said before and my TV is on 16:9 when I say I've tried everything I mean EVERYTHING but nope no difference as I said I the problems the port I think but my TV could just be outdated or something :/

Sniper Kitten

PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    I've done everything you've said before and my TV is on 16:9 when I say I've tried everything I mean EVERYTHING but nope no difference as I said I the problems the port I think but my TV could just be outdated or something :/
    Hey. Sorry. Wasn't able to log on the last few days. What's your TV's model number? I doubt it's "outdated". If it's old, could very well just be worn out. The best trouble shooting to tell if it's the TV or not is to plug it into another TV. If your parents are being a pain in the ass, take it to a friends house.

PSN ID
    Kingsley_420
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Hey. Sorry. Wasn't able to log on the last few days. What's your TV's model number? I doubt it's "outdated". If it's old, could very well just be worn out. The best trouble shooting to tell if it's the TV or not is to plug it into another TV. If your parents are being a pain in the ass, take it to a friends house.
    How do I see the TV model number and there's on way my parents would let me take it to a friends house all I know about the tv is that it's 50 inch i think and a Thompson.

Sniper Kitten

PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    How do I see the TV model number and there's on way my parents would let me take it to a friends house all I know about the tv is that it's 50 inch i think and a Thompson.
    TV model numbers are typically on the back. If you don't know what you're looking for, take a high resolution pic of the back and attach it and I'll see if I can figure it out. Also, never heard of Thomson before. Now I have questions, lol. I tried going on the UK Amazon to see if I can find that brand and I can't. Was hoping to read some reviews on some models and see if people had common HDMI port issues. I'm also wondering if Thomson is one of those budget brands. They can be hit or miss with quality. I'm wondering if Thomson is the Coby of Europe. I have an Insignia, which is Best Buy's house brand. It's been very good to me over the years but other models have had issues.

Sucks about your parents not letting you take the PS4 to a friends. They must be really strict. Unfortunately, the troubleshooting suggestions I gave are ways to narrow down what your problem is. Without troubleshooting to figure out if it's your TV or your PS4, I'm really limited in the amount of help I can give you except for looking up your TV's model and seeing if people have the same issue as you do. I mean, the only other thing I can think of is if you have a PC monitor with HDMI inputs, you can try that.