Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube

AAA titles will be able to run on PS4 within 2 months

Wow! I am very excited and surprised when they announced this this. For those who don't know, AAA titles are games that are exceptionally good, or Triple A. Hopefully it's not a rumor.

Anecdotally for the indie titles I’ve been hearing 4 weeks to bring a game from PC to the PS4, which is quite fast. For some of the AAA titles I’ve been hearing 2 months, which is also quite fast, and that has really helped us in creating that strong launch line-up.
    Via: What Culture
    Last edited by Frantic; July 21st, 2013 at 02:39 PM.

So much the better! We will be entitled to more games!
    The development will be so easy that developers can easily make us even more beautiful than before games! We will have less games to be postponed and it will be cheaper to produce games!

Everyone is a winner! The quality of PS4 games will be outstanding! I can not wait to see it! I have high hopes!

Really great news for upcoming PS4 owners as I'm sure this will definitely speed up development time for major games. With this news, I think it will be pretty safe to say that with the PS4, gamers won't have to deal with as many droughts of good games being released as they were with this generation of consoles.

PSN ID
    RockSauron
    I hope this means they'll be able to make games for cheaper, and the lower costs could mean more niche and less homogenization. But eh, I doubt it.

I don't know how much longer it took before, but it sounds like they will have an easier time porting games to the PS4 this time around. I agree with RockSauron, I hope this means that they will be able to take more risks again or even just spend time remaking old forgotten titles.

yep, this means more Games ported to PS4 faster and easier, and maybe before all other consoles!
    really a exciting time!

Meh. AAA does not mean that the games will be any good. We already have enough tripe from the likes of Assassins Creed and COD. What we need is good and affordable games. The market should be opened to indie devs that care about what they're making, not about how much money they hope to make. Whilst it is good news, I hope that some good titles would actually follow rather than reused crap.

PSN ID
    SlenderJ0ker
    It's great that they're making it easy to develop for and port to. I remember a main issue with current-gen consoles was that, for awhile, developers were having a hard time utilizing the potential of the consoles, so you ended up with better looking games on a PS2 than there were on a PS3, at first!

The port process has become incredibly efficient over the last generation. You have games that were indie titles on the PC showing up on the PSN Marketplace as well as Xbox. They seemed to focus on the barrier of entry becoming smaller while producing games and making content. Xbox has took a step with Sony to allow Developers to send more updates and free DLC to the consumer.

Sony has always done this which is was a reason why Valve switched their console division to working on the PS 3. Valve itself might be making a console now, which is whatever for most gamers because you can use a PC on a TV and use Big Screen mode, but this will give both Xbox and PS more reason to make these processes easier and ultimately get more titles into our hands.

This is definitely some good news. Faster porting can only mean less of a wait for straddling those games that release on the PC where you wish you had your controller instead. I realize there is a bit of disagreement between what constitutes an AAA game, but it is more than just COD and AC, obviously. Plenty more, in fact. Some of the more recent titles like the Last of Us has demonstrated solid qualities that make it a good game, and just because you do not personally enjoy something does not take away from the amount of time and effort put into the stunning scenery, careful attention to detail, the atmosphere, the music, the gameplay mechanics, etc. that make it worthy of the AAA title. On that note, while I would like to see what fresh elements indie developers will bring to the table for the next generation, I also want to see how far the professional companies can push the system's limits in terms of bringing more realistic experiences.