Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dmadman72

Thread: Old titles

Professional Escapologist BlackSolaris's Avatar

Old titles

New console, new hopes!

What is your favorite franchise that you hope getting revived for the next generation?
    (Let's just hope it's not like the usual reboot, but a good sequel)

I hope, and like most people, hope that they bring back Little big planet to Ps4. This game was really awesome, but they kind of just released it and left it alone. Really looking forward to it.

I'd like to see a reboot of the Front Mission series. It's a pretty good strategy RPG that could get a major facelift on the PS4. Maybe they could translate the game into an RPG/mech shooter/strategy hybrid? That would be pretty awesome. And with the capabilities of the PS4, I'm sure that the developers could do just about anything!

I'm hoping they bring back Kagero, Marvel Nemesis, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I've found that most games they are releasing now are too similar to each other in terms of being just like God of War or DmC. At least, with these titles, you could be setting traps, using Marvel characters to fight with your buddies, or in the case of MUA, a very good opportunity to take advantage of 4-player gaming.

Back on the PS4!

You can probably tell by my name, and will be surprised, but I'd like to see a reboot for the PS3 exclusive "Haze"

I adored that game even though I know it wasn't the best but if it were more polished and given some care it could be a great game.

Really would like a reboot of PS2 Rally games

I Shall Finish The Game Dmadman72's Avatar
    PSN ID
    dmadman72
    Timesplitters is a game I would love to see make a comeback.
    Titan likes this.

Sniper Kitten

PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmadman72 View Post
    Timesplitters is a game I would love to see make a comeback.
    LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE! One of my all time favorite game series right there! Crytek owns the rights to TimeSplitters now. They said they don't think that there's enough of a market to put the franchise back in development. HOWEVER, there is a small band of people who are painstakingly redoing all the maps for TimeSplitters and character models from scratch in what is called TimeSplitters: Rewind. Apparently there are licensing issues which prevents them from using the old models. They have the blessing from Crytek and even got CryEngine 3 to use for the project. Crytek said depending on the reception, they may make a new game if Rewind does well. Last I heard, they are planning on developing Rewind for PS4 along with PC; though haven't heard anything about PS4 except they want to. Unfortunately development has been slow. To be expected from a small team (some original TimeSplitters developers are in on this) who do this in their spare time.

Official Site:

http://www.tsrewind.com/index.php/en/

Latest video of Warzone. Starts off with the original followed by the awesomeness of it redone

PSX4Central.com Quite possibly the oldest PS community on the net

BUSHIDO BLADE!!!! Man did I love that game! In college we would have epic battles!

The fact that one hit could kill you straight away just made the fights intense. Or when attacking if you focused on your opponents legs could cause them to end up incapable of moving....and in turn could lead to actual pleading for mercy by one player to other was a riot.

Never mind the occasional severely injured player who gets the lucky strike in, subsequently killing the non injured player and stealing victory from defeat was just amazing.

Imagine now with the physics, graphics, and environments how that game could look and play like now on the new systems....oh dare to dream. 😄

Legacy of kain series or crash bandicoot normal or a ctr type of game would be really cool

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Outrun.

Sniper Kitten

PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum48k View Post
    Outrun.
    Damn son. You are really going back on that one, lol. I remember playing that in arcades when I was a kid. Always a good classic. Though to be honest, I don't know how you can adapt it to the modern consoles without it being like Need For Speed or other generic road race games. Though to release it as an arcade classic on PSN, that would be pretty awesome
    PSX4Central.com Quite possibly the oldest PS community on the net