Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Oberon

Thread: PS4 dos and don'ts

PSN ID
    Alien_Aries

Lightbulb PS4 dos and don'ts

Hey Guys!I'm planning to buy a PS4,but i know absolutely nothing about it So,i would appreciated when somebody could help me out here a little

Don't worry, I've not bought one yet either so you're certainly not alone there…!

Speaking from previous experience with buying a PS3 early, I'd personally play 'the waiting game' just to see what sorts of packages or deals become available over the course of this year as the market becomes more flooded with them. I wouldn't personally pay full retail price for the PS4, but that's just my opinion. I can't justify the outlay for the use it'll get. For me to pay the current price, I'd expect a few games thrown in with the console – not added on top of the current full retail price which seems to be the case at the moment. I do strongly suspect there will be better value packages available later on this year (maybe the in the summer or autumn?) which may be tempting.

Another reason I'd be tempted to wait for at least another few months is because there appears to be a lot of system updates at the moment – which does mildly concern me so soon after the console’s launch. I'd wait for this to settle down.

As I've said elsewhere here, it's my birthday next month and I was going to start having a look around then to see what the situation is. However, due to other financial commitments which have cropped up over the past three/four weeks, the chances of me actually getting one any time before the summer now is fairly slim.

One thing which I have already done, partly in preparation, is upgrading my existing internet package to unlimited Fibre Optic – which is the best you can get around these parts. I've never done any online gaming before and I do want to see what the fuss is all about. There's no chance it would have been anywhere near practical enough on my old package (which had ridiculously low limited downloads/uploads). I'm going to need help on this from fellow members here when the time comes as I don't have a clue what to do…

With regards to getting 'options' with it (such as the camera e.t.c…), I'll leave that to those who have one as to whether things like this are worth it or not. I'm in the same boat as you in this respect! I do actually fancy getting the camera but I think it might just be more of a gimmick at the moment…

PSN ID
    don_bidarian
    I purchased PS3 around 4 years after its release, so there was plenty of game available. It was really enjoyable.

I got my PS4 4 months after its release, not much interesting games to play. I got Killzone and CoD: Ghosts, they are ok, but really not worth getting a console over them.

infamous is out and in May Watchdogs come out, maybe by end of year we get couple of cool exclusives like the order 1884 and other stuff.

If you can wait, buy it end of this year or next year. the prices will drop(or you'll get good deals)and good games will come out, so you wont be bored with the small library.

The Shropshire Slasher Dmadman72's Avatar
    PSN ID
    dmadman72
    If you now absolutely nothing about it I will fill you in. #1, the PS4 is NOT backwards compatible. #2, No HDCP, you can not (yet) stream your own digital movies or music from your PC or other storage devices. #3, Not really that many PS4 exclusives yet. Most games can be bought for other systems or PC. Those are the 3 biggies. The system it self for me has been rock solid. The graphics to me are not that much of an improvement but there definitely is some. The new Controller absolutely blows the DS3 out of the water and is tied for my favorite with the 360 controller. It is a fast and powerful machine. Unless you do not have a PS3, 360 or all your friends have moved to next gen I would tell you to wait.

Why do you want one if you know nothing about it? For gaming, simply look at whats out there for the PS4 at the moment and decide if the system is worth it for you. For me, there are only 3 games I would, and have bought for the PS4. COD: Ghosts, AC: Black Flag and Infamous: Second Son. Both Black Flag and Second son are fantastic games in my opinion, Second Son really looks fantastic and show cases the graphics of the PS4 better then anything else I have seen so far.

It is a new system so there are not a ton of games out there. But again, it really comes down to what you want to do with the PS4. If the type of games you enjoy playing are available, then pick one up and have fun, if not, I would just wait till more content is out there for it.

PSN ID
    Alien_Aries
    I definitely need to get that next gen update for COD Ghosts,cause i just don't want to start all over again.I not even know how long that will be available.I mean with know nothing about it,like graphics,how the controller is and all that.I would like to enjoy Killzone Shadow Falls .I heard about Playstation Now will have ps3 games available in some point this Year.How you'll said it's better to wait.I'm probably just stressed,cause my wife wants a ps4 badly

The Enforcer

PSN ID
    fonzi_1970
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien_Aries View Post
    I definitely need to get that next gen update for COD Ghosts,cause i just don't want to start all over again.I not even know how long that will be available.
    I believe the upgrade time for Ghosts PS3 to PS4 version lasts only until March 31st.

But you dont have to start over again even if you buy Ghosts later,at least for the multiplayer,everything you unlocked and progress on PS3 is brought over to PS4 version as its tied to your CoD account,not PSN account so make sure you do have a CoD account for that.
    Single player campaign progress however does'nt,so you would have to start that all over again,if you want to that is.

I have both PS3 and PS4 disc versions,whenever I play on either version then switch over to the other all my set ups and progress are updated to the system Im currently playing on,as it downloads to your console everytime like it always does.
    Last edited by Oberon; March 26th, 2014 at 04:56 PM.
    Alien_Aries likes this.
    You might be eligible for site trophies! >>click here<< and >>here<< for more info.

PSN ID
    Alien_Aries
    Thanks.I'm thankful for every Info i can get.