Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By omega man

Thread: How many of you broadcast on Twitch?

PSN ID
    StarSaberSX

How many of you broadcast on Twitch?

When the PS4 was launched, I saw Gamespot test the broadcasting feature on the PS4 and it didn't work as smoothly. If you guys broadcast on Twitch, how is it? Is it smooth for you as in the stream doesn't lag? I don't have a Twitch account so I haven't tested it myself, I might get one if the PS4's broadcast is good.

I'd like to know this as well because I see other people's streams on Twitch and those have been pretty smooth. I'm guessing it's down to your particular internet connection.

...plus if you do broadcast on Twitch I'd just like to check out channels.

Quote Originally Posted by corporatenoun View Post
    That's $2 per level. Not for a normal video game level, but an Angry Birds level. Might as well go to Newgrounds at that point.

PSN ID
    KMJ_84
    I've only had the console for 6 days but I've broadcast three times on it just for s**** and giggles. Quite nifty and I get a bit giddy when my viewing count increases. So far nobody has said anything about the quiality of the stream.

If you have a solid internet connection you should have no problem streaming at all, really.

I have a friend that plays DOTA and League of Legends, and streams it on Twitch. I think he may start considering getting a PS4, especially since looking at his previous videos had little to no lag. As for me, I could most likely broadcast on Twitch decently with my internet connection, but it’s not really something enticing enough for me to do unless I managed to get a few of my friends to watch for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomba View Post
    If you have a solid internet connection you should have no problem streaming at all, really.
    It comes down to your connection and what quality you're viewing in that you start to get lag. As far lag from the streaming in, my friend didn't experience lag when he streamed.
    You all forgot about me! I used be your mascot!

PSN ID
    StarSaberSX
    Do those that have streamed, how are you guys responding to questions and comments? Do you just use the controller to type or a keyboard? I hesitate because I like to respond to people but I don't have a keyboard and typing with the controller seems awful slow.

I've streamed on JustinTV--80s and 90s cartoons, movies, and some emulator gameplay--which owns Twitch, so it's the same set up. The key with streaming and responding is to d all your responding to the chatroom off of whatever computer or console you're using for streaming. In this case it's the PS4. You'll want a second device--a laptop, another computer, tablet, or even your phone--to read chat from.

That way you don't need to use the keyboard or anything. You can just verbally respond. If you are to stop gameplay to type responses, you'll want to use that separate device anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by corporatenoun View Post
    That's $2 per level. Not for a normal video game level, but an Angry Birds level. Might as well go to Newgrounds at that point.

The quality streamed with twitch is dependant mainly on your internet connection and also the quality output that you select for sharing via the PS4 menu. I myself living in the UK am using BT with the latest Infinity hub. My PS4 is hooked to the hub via a cat6 Lan cable. I`m getting DL speeds of 65mb and UL speeds of 20mb. I`ve tested my streams with twitch as I`m playing games on the PS4. The streams are pretty good quality but nothing compared to a dedicated PC with proper capture hardware/software. I believe that the PS4 has an in built compression technique to reduce the file sizes whilst streaming thus reducing the quality. At the end of the day its just about having fun and a good laugh. If you haven`t streamed before then do it!.. You`ll love it. If you want to create the best streaming channels for youtube etc then you will most probably have to go down the PC route....which again is more money and out of the everyday peeps range.
    SpaceTiger likes this.