Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: "Where Can I Find A PS4?" Thread

Man of Steel

PSN ID
    RCarl-El

"Where Can I Find A PS4?" Thread

Ok guys. I know it's going to be pretty hard to find a PS4 for the next couple of months if you haven't pre-ordered one for launch night. But just on the off chance somewhere out there finds one in store, or online, feel free to list places that have PS4's available.

This is not a thread to sell anything! This thread is just to help other members here find a PS4 available in stores or on the world wide web (eBay, Amazon, etc.)

As of right now, I can only see them available on eBay. The problem is they are extremely expensive. Extremely!

So once again, feel free to post where you can find a PS4 available down below
    SpaceTiger and PS4Hipsters like this.

"My father believed that if the world found out who I really was, they'd reject me... out of fear. He was convinced that the world wasn't ready. What do you think?"

I heard that retailers are prioritizing replacements first so it will be quite hard to get hold of one.

Founder

PSN ID
    Frantic987
    I was able to get a ps3 & wii easily using the Best Buy inventory in store locator in the States. The trick is to use the locator and the second one shows up you know the store will have them on sale that day or the very beg of next. So make sure your at the store that morning and buy one if the locator shows one in stock at night. Easy as pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    As of right now, I can only see them available on eBay. The problem is they are extremely expensive. Extremely!
    They were going to be ridiculously pricey on eBay. I like to think a ship of privateers intercepted a truck with "PS4" on the side and looted it before selling them on eBay.

That said, here in my neck of the woods there are still a few available at bigger stores like Best Buy and Walmart. That won't be for long as the post-launch stragglers are scooping up whatever PS4s were left and no one's putting out their Black Friday and Christmas week cargo.

Best to join a street pirate crew.

Quote Originally Posted by corporatenoun View Post
    That's $2 per level. Not for a normal video game level, but an Angry Birds level. Might as well go to Newgrounds at that point.

My advice would be to never and I mean never buy a console when it's just released on Ebay. There always ridiculously over priced and there are always better options. Most people never consider checking out stores like Walmart, Target, Best Buy, and I believe Costco. If you know a store that sells consoles and video games you're best bet is to call and ask them if they have a PS4. My target still has them.

Exactly, someone near you will have a few left. Don't think that just the game shops and online have the console and that's it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by corporatenoun View Post
    That's $2 per level. Not for a normal video game level, but an Angry Birds level. Might as well go to Newgrounds at that point.

I live in Brazil, and I dont know how to buy a PS4, Cos the price is so expensive about 2.000 US$
    There is anyone selling one??? with low cost to send???

PS4 for $475

Hi guys I was looking for a PS4 as well and I went to Ebay to compare prices and wow prices are extremely high, then I when to Webstore.com and I found this one: webstore.com/33952285 for just $475.00 not bad.
    Frantic likes this.

If you don't live in America the best chance you have is to just wait until it's released in your country. I'm not sure where Brazil is in the release schedule but I know that Japan is the last to get the console in January, so Brazil is somewhere in there. And for right now Ebay is a giant ripoff, anyone who buys a PS4 from there is getting robbed.

PSN ID
    utookmine
    you could try the Wiialert. was originally designed to track down...well...a...Wii, but is now used to track any hard-to-get product.
    aperture7 likes this.

It's really a patience game to get a new console around launch or the holiday season. I tend to wait for a variety of reasons but if you want on now then you're local stores (key they must have an electronics department) are your best bet. It's been mentioned on the forum before but a lot of people tend to forget about Walmart and Target because stores like Best Buy and Gamestop monopilize the advertising.

So once again, feel free to post where you can find a PS4 available down below
    Wait a second...I'm onto you...

I had luck this week keeping an eye on BestBuy.ca. There was stock showing up randomly throughout the day and late into the night. I managed to scoop one up on Tuesday night. If you're Canadian and looking for one still, I would keep a tab open on that page and constantly refresh it to check.

I'm thinking some people had their consoles reserved at GameStop and other game shops and failed to show up and it's sinking in that reservations for gaming don't exactly work the same as reservations for everything else. Since they put the money down on it though, they're holding for it to show up there when the PS4 is really popping up at different non-gaming stores and often a good amount of consoles in stock.
    Ghost_of_Crash likes this.

That's pretty much the thing. There are a bunch of reserves and so on and people don't want to cancel them (or see if they can, should be able to if your preorder/reservation wasn't met) and try their luck elsewhere...which they should. Besides, if all else fails and you can't find some available in your city: ROAD TRIP.
    You all forgot about me! I used be your mascot!

I went to my local Walmart today for coffee and for giggles I went to the electronics department and asked if they had any PS4's available. They had 20, if I wanted to I could have bought a PS4 today but I refure to buy launch consoles and will not be purchasing a PS4 until next year. So yes, if you try stores like that anything other then Best Buy and Game Stop there is a very good chance you'll find one. I wasn't even trying.

All the Walmarts in the Greater Toronto Area got upwards of 250 units today. From what I hear, they haven't sold out yet. So if you're looking and you're in the GTA area, I'd go check out a Walmart as soon as possible.

PSN ID
    illusionxswagger
    dont even look its not worth it ive followed playstation all the way till ps4 its shitty worst envesment i ever made

PSN ID
    Kosh1985
    I can't speak to ones in Winnipeg as I haven't been there to ask.. but I have heard Walmart Selkirk has some left over (about 20 minutes north of Winnipeg). Had a friend there yesterday and they had some.. Probably because no one goes to Selkirk, MB I know I sure don't.. :P

I think I'll just wait for Black Friday now.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal2mysoil View Post
    I think I'll just wait for Black Friday now.
    You should, since it's almost time for it and you'll probably get a great deal out of it, if it's not a price drop on the actual console, there's probably going to be discounts for bundles or even for the games.

PSN ID
    Kosh1985
    Quote Originally Posted by mauricioq View Post
    You should, since it's almost time for it and you'll probably get a great deal out of it, if it's not a price drop on the actual console, there's probably going to be discounts for bundles or even for the games.
    I would highly doubt a price drop on the console this close after release. I could see price drops on accessories (headsets, etc...) and bundled deals. Really can't see the console going on sale.

PSN ID
    utookmine
    Black Friday!

They probably won't drop console prices yet, but with Black Friday coming stores will be releasing their grips on what they have including bundles and that's where you'll save. Plenty of stores will have PS4's and games, and controllers and while I'm not planning on buying a console I might buy 3 controllers if there's a deal.

Black Friday is a good place to buy a new console, but it is not a guarantee they will lower the price for the PS4 on Black Friday.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast