Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Playstation 4 Patch Wishlist

PSN ID
    SerraGold
    I just want more of the Transfarring and more tablet/phone and vita support.

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger The Unlosing Ranger's Avatar
    PSN ID
    Androu1
    Quote Originally Posted by CpmPanda View Post
    Give me different Controller designs! Having a clear controller, at least 10 colors and designs. That would rock so hard!
    That would be neat. I wish we got more of those "Limited Edition" controllers in general. I have a Tomb Raider one for 360 and it's beautiful and glorious. Other 360 ones also look great. Are PS3 LE controllers that good? I honestly haven't seen them, but I know Sony made pretty damn nice LE PSPs for example.

I would love a 'limited addition' controller, give me Heavenly Sword please and thank you Sony. I still treasure my Zelda 25th controller so seeing Sony push more out for their more cult franchises would be awesome. I would also like to see more tweaking of the PS4 eye. It needs a little work when it comes to depth perception.

PSN ID
    Bubba-f4780y
    For me it's

3D BR support (seriously Sony, wth?, there is no excuse for not having this at launch when the PS3 has had it for so long)

and

DNLA streaming for media (stop taking your products backwards to try and extort more money out of your loyal fan base Sony).

PSN ID
    PaulyMcK
    I hope they fix the playstation online website, so that I can manage my account properly and add/remove friends. It keeps telling me to do it using my PS3, I don't have a PS3! Come on Sony, update your website!

PSN ID
    drmrw
    what about an actual "suspend mode" where your games gets powered up exactly where you left off? I thought it was supposed to do that out of the box!

PSN ID
    xlxBadGuyxlx
    My recommendation:

1. Bluetooth headset support, lots of us have Bluetooth headsets from last gen that work just fine, let us use em.

2. Contextual PS button, whenever there is a notification, you should be able to hit the PS button and be taken right to that party, trophy, friend or message.

3. MP3 and video file playback, media streaming support, just like the PS3. Furthermore, being able to listen to MP3s in games.

4.Abilty to change the home screen colour, possibly themes? To be able to delete things we don't want, like the playroom, or the "unlimited" services from the home bar, furthermore the abilty to set what's on the home bar and in what order.
    Oberon, Chlo3, Altom and 1 others like this.

PSN ID
    Derangedk
    I want actual 720p streams for Twitch so basically more options within the broadcast options to allow the console to leverage more on upload speed rather than hardware if hardware becomes a streaming issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Deranged View Post
    I want actual 720p streams for Twitch so basically more options within the broadcast options to allow the console to leverage more on upload speed rather than hardware if hardware becomes a streaming issue.
    The Twitch issue is more because of Twitch then the PS4 and Sony. I think that the better stream quality is for those who are producers already on twitch or have a deal with them. At least that's what I've seen and heard from producers on Twitch who tested the PS4.

My Wishlist?

ANNOYING LIGHT ON DUALSHOCK 4 - Ability to turn off light on DS4 controller and perhaps firmware upgrade to increase battery life of controllers. The ability to remove sound coming out of the speaker on the DS4 would be a plus!

Media Streaming -- The ability to play DNLA/have full UPNP support and stream from NASes, PCs, Servers, etc. This should include videos including .mkv, .mp4, .avi, etc. It should also include MP3s, WMA, and all other popular sound formats.

Need a photos program like on PS3. We would also need DNLA but it would be nice for the PS4 to show all my photos my date and do slideshows.

Sony just needs to tell everyone now the camera is a waste of money and the play room is probably the most time they will spend on programming for it! Maybe Sony will pprove me wrong but the camera was a waste of money on the PS2 and PS3 and I don't see a bunch of games coming ready to utilize the camera/

Incl9ude more for PS + Members-- Sony should have thrown in Knack for free and a game like Escape Plan for PS +.

Optional DS3 type controller -- I would love for Sony to release a Dualshock3 with the touchpad for the PS4. It would be as small as the DS3 but have battery life 5 times longer!

Put online more demos and even betas to give ps4 early adopters more entertainment!

ADD IN A CHEAP IR PLUGIN FOR PS4 -- TVs and other devices still almost exclusively use IR and there are only a few remotes that due Bluetooth so make the PS4 accept IR so our Universal remotes work with it.
    Chlo3 likes this.

Hello, this post is to list some features that should be added or fixed for the PlayStation 4 on the next update. This is not to request unreasonable improvements, however it is to list those features that were expected to be on the console.

- obviously address issues with freezing and crashing, especially those occurring on the PS Store or when navigating the PS menu
    - alter the new message system in its interactions with a PS3. Currently when a message is sent from a PS4 to a PS3, the messages will be separate, with a blank subject, so replying to a specific comment on a different subject is confusing. No 'chatroom' feature exists like it did on PS3, which means messages can't be viewed in-game and users will need to inconveniently pause the game to view what the "new message" is. Fix this or add chatroom.
    - the box that the user types in when sending a message to a friend is too small, so that for slightly longer messages, the beginning of the message cannot be viewed unless slowly scrolling left by holding L1. Fix this.

- when using the button on the keyboard equivalent to 'shift' or 'caps lock' when double tapping that button, numbers remain as numbers, rather than becoming their regular symbols, making expression that commonly involves "&" and brackets very, very difficult. Also, colon and semicolon, commonly used for emoticons, are also inconveniently located in the sub menu that has no quick button link, so the user needs to go to the bottom of the keyboard, click the symbol sub menu button, up to the desired symbol, back down to the regular letters sub menu button, then back up to finish typing. This is slow and uncomfortable. The PS3 keyboard layout is better than the PS4's. Fix this.

- add the ability to hide (do not display) profile avatar or profile picture for privacy at log-on screen, or at least allow the log-on (system account) avatar to be distinct from the PSN avatar
    - add the ability to hide the full name at log-in screen or at least make the log-in username distinct from the real or PSN name. (as they were separate usernames on PS3)
    - remove the auto-filled email for "forgot password, sign in to PSN" when pressing the 'option' button, for privacy reasons
    (it reveals the user's email to anyone using the console, without the need for the passcode and this privacy issue must be fixed)

- even a very basic theme changing setting should have been added. The user should have, at least, been able to change the blue PS4 theme to a color they prefer. Customization is important for a user's experience. Start with this basic feature before third party themes are added later. Since theme choices are available on PS3, this feature having not been present is extremely disappointing, making the product feel rushed.

These are simple features to add and fix. Thank you.

- add ability to rename photo files
    - add ability to create folders for photos and move photos
    - fix the fact that photos do not send properly to PS3 users, due to PS3 photo messaging restrictions requiring small photo files when sending as attachments. In fact, they do not send at all. Fix.

- improve the quality of video capturing for full hd output
    - add the option to automatically start a new recording after the previous 15 minute recording ends, as users may discover the ends of their game-play recordings are missing

- add ability to create folders for downloaded games or any applications on the main menu screen
    - add ability for incognito mode, so that you do not appear online to your friends
    - fix the fact that PS4 users do not appear online to any PS3 user

- fix the extremely slow loading time that can occur for some PS4 users after clicking on the PSN Store
    - fix some PS3 to PS4 discount upgrades not working, such as when the code is typed in and accepted, yet nothing loads to start the download and therefore the code cannot be reused so the discount becomes forfeit despite the fact that the game discount may not have even downloaded.

- add ability to choose previously downloaded (and already paid for) premium avatars for the user's PSN avatar. (the fact that a person may have bought avatars and cannot select one of those avatars and that he or she will permanently lose the last of them if selecting a default avatar - unless they have a PS3 to revert it back to the paid avatar - is ridiculous, and if not fixed also should be viewed as thieving and deviously greedy or just lazy.
    - add ability to view downloads on PS4 and reinstall data, which may fix rip-off issues where a code works and is used up, but does not load properly the first time.
    - add ability, as should have been added to PS3, to search and filter downloads history so that a specific item can be found without having to scroll through hundreds of items to get to a specific downloadable item and install it

PSN ID
    CpmPanda
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlo3 View Post
    Hello, this post is to list some features that should be added or fixed for the PlayStation 4 on the next update. This is not to request unreasonable improvements, however it is to list those features that were expected to be on the console.

- obviously address issues with freezing and crashing, especially those occurring on the PS Store or when navigating the PS menu
    - alter the new message system in its interactions with a PS3. Currently when a message is sent from a PS4 to a PS3, the messages will be separate, with a blank subject, so replying to a specific comment on a different subject is confusing. No 'chatroom' feature exists like it did on PS3, which means messages can't be viewed in-game and users will need to inconveniently pause the game to view what the "new message" is. Fix this or add chatroom.
    - the box that the user types in when sending a message to a friend is too small, so that for slightly longer messages, the beginning of the message cannot be viewed unless slowly scrolling left by holding L1. Fix this.

- when using the button on the keyboard equivalent to 'shift' or 'caps lock' when double tapping that button, numbers remain as numbers, rather than becoming their regular symbols, making expression that commonly involves "&" and brackets very, very difficult. Also, colon and semicolon, commonly used for emoticons, are also inconveniently located in the sub menu that has no quick button link, so the user needs to go to the bottom of the keyboard, click the symbol sub menu button, up to the desired symbol, back down to the regular letters sub menu button, then back up to finish typing. This is slow and uncomfortable. The PS3 keyboard layout is better than the PS4's. Fix this.

- add the ability to hide (do not display) profile avatar or profile picture for privacy at log-on screen, or at least allow the log-on (system account) avatar to be distinct from the PSN avatar
    - add the ability to hide the full name at log-in screen or at least make the log-in username distinct from the real or PSN name. (as they were separate usernames on PS3)
    - remove the auto-filled email for "forgot password, sign in to PSN" when pressing the 'option' button, for privacy reasons
    (it reveals the user's email to anyone using the console, without the need for the passcode and this privacy issue must be fixed)

- even a very basic theme changing setting should have been added. The user should have, at least, been able to change the blue PS4 theme to a color they prefer. Customization is important for a user's experience. Start with this basic feature before third party themes are added later. Since theme choices are available on PS3, this feature having not been present is extremely disappointing, making the product feel rushed.

These are simple features to add and fix. Thank you.

This post and the rest following it. If they improved all that, oh man that would be insanely epic. I cannot wait to see what they add/change/fix in the coming year.

Quote Originally Posted by CpmPanda View Post
    This post and the rest following it. If they improved all that, oh man that would be insanely epic. I cannot wait to see what they add/change/fix in the coming year.
    Thanks, they're all serious issues that no one should be dealing with. They're not really add-ons or wishes, they're just annoying issues that Sony must address on the next update- especially the download history, I'd hate to lose $10 worth of avatars.

- add flash support for web browser experience
    - add ability to automatically reveal to a player the game and session that the user played together in with the person, upon sending a friend request, so that they will know where they are from
    - fix issue with premium (paid) avatars not displaying on the "What's New" feed, where the previously used system avatar (not premium) replaces what should be the premium avatar.
    - Premium avatars are not being able to be chosen at all and will be completely lost unless Sony fixes this so that when choosing a new avatar the user can pick from one they bought.
    - add user avatars library to PlayStation Store, as it should already be there, as it is in PS3.

***if you agree with any of my posts on this thread then can you please click the like button for those posts so that they are displayed on the Like Menu of these pages, the more who see these problems and make a formal statement on my behalf, the better, thank you***

Sony should see this topic, seriously. We should all send this topic to Sony or something. It's not cluttered and tiny like the official Sony site and it has all the information in each post and not just people saying they hate Sony for some hiccups hahaa

PSN ID
    AnotherClaymore
    Quote Originally Posted by xlxBadGuyxlx View Post
    My recommendation:

1. Bluetooth headset support, lots of us have Bluetooth headsets from last gen that work just fine, let us use em.

2. Contextual PS button, whenever there is a notification, you should be able to hit the PS button and be taken right to that party, trophy, friend or message.

3. MP3 and video file playback, media streaming support, just like the PS3. Furthermore, being able to listen to MP3s in games.

4.Abilty to change the home screen colour, possibly themes? To be able to delete things we don't want, like the playroom, or the "unlimited" services from the home bar, furthermore the abilty to set what's on the home bar and in what order.
    This.

Headset support (at least let me use my playstation branded pulse wireless headset!)
    MP3 support
    3D Blueray support

PSN ID
    SomeBitty
    Weird I just saw a 2014 PlayStation wish list on twitter, it basically summed up everything I wanted to see (I can't link it cause my post count is too low [I just joined], but it's on GameZone or something).

An unofficial YouTube app, MP3, DLNA & wireless headset support, PS Vita TV to come to NA, Vita price cut, and more awesome PS+ deals.
    It's not all for the PS4 and more like from Sony in general, but I'd like to see ALL of the above this year!!

PSN ID
    iUseaBLADEOnly
    Please, just update the PS4, I find it boring to play anything really, I only have Knack and BF4 and I lost interest in BF4 after the freezing and slow loading. The features feel limited and I can't really do a damn thing and I always revert back to my ps3.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorSoldier View Post
    I want Playstation Home with awesome next generation graphics!
    I was about to add this too, because I did like the idea on the PS3 but it wasn't really matured enough. Wish it could look like some virtual reality.

PSN ID
    sambarnes90
    Quote Originally Posted by f4780y View Post
    For me it's

3D BR support (seriously Sony, wth?, there is no excuse for not having this at launch when the PS3 has had it for so long)

and

DNLA streaming for media (stop taking your products backwards to try and extort more money out of your loyal fan base Sony).
    The streaming is no doubt the most important feature that's missing at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by sambarnes90 View Post
    The streaming is no doubt the most important feature that's missing at the moment.
    +1

(I will add that unless Sony adds mkv container support then most people need another streaming device). I convert digital copies included with many BDs to .mkv although I guess I could use .mp4 containers.

For me, the ability to read USB's is a must.

PSN ID
    LizardmanDan
    Can anyone else give this a shot and see what happens? Start War Thunder and play around for a bit, then quit the app, then start COD Ghosts without turning off the console.

I get a black screen but still have sound every time I do this. If I want to play Ghosts after WT I have to restart the console to get the game to show up. Hitting the PSHome button works and you can see the home screen, just not any games.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast