Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Official I Got My PlayStation 4 - Owner Impressions Thread!

Sniper Kitten

PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Headroom View Post
    You can dim the light on the controller quite a bit in settings, i read that its not the light that drains the battery so much its the twin vibration motors as in some games they are in use almost constantly, TBH i now just plug mine in on a long USB extension if i am planning to have a long gaming session.
    Really? Makes sense but wouldn't have thought that because the dual shock 3 uses two motors also and that lasts much longer. Guess if they redesigned them and they use more juice that could explain it. And the light always on probably doesn't help the situation
    PSX4Central.com Quite possibly the oldest PS community on the net

PSN ID
    Ubernood
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Really? Makes sense but wouldn't have thought that because the dual shock 3 uses two motors also and that lasts much longer. Guess if they redesigned them and they use more juice that could explain it. And the light always on probably doesn't help the situation
    The problem is the Dualshock 4 is more advanced, the more advanced motors, circuits, light, etc require more juice. Next gen games also require more juice because of the features like the touchpad, changing lights on the controller, and the sensor pad.

Despite how advanced we are getting with these technologies, we have yet to master how to make them work efficiently. I would expect that a year or two down the line we will get an updated version of the DS4
    Alex_68 likes this.

Sniper Kitten

PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    Quote Originally Posted by ubernood View Post
    The problem is the Dualshock 4 is more advanced, the more advanced motors, circuits, light, etc require more juice. Next gen games also require more juice because of the features like the touchpad, changing lights on the controller, and the sensor pad.

Despite how advanced we are getting with these technologies, we have yet to master how to make them work efficiently. I would expect that a year or two down the line we will get an updated version of the DS4
    Ah yes. Very good point. Didn't think about that. In terms of an update, that would be sweet to make a more efficient model. Not expecting it. Sony only came out with one revision to the DS3. I had both and the only difference I noticed between the 2 was how the battery was seated in the circuit board. Other than that the electronics looked the same and I've shared components between the 2 models. Actually the only difference in model # was a U at the end of the model #.

PSN ID
    Lo-Zio-Ale
    DS4 also mounts a small speaker and the Bluetooth is 2.0 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) which needs more energy. DS4 has a couple of brushless motors for the vibration (DS3 had solenoids) also requiring more power. Also consider that DS4's battery has a capacity of ca. 1000mAh while DS3's battery is only 500mAh. Ubernood is right: the energy consumption of a DS4 is much bigger than a DS3 because it has much more electronics inside. As Max said, if you think to play long sessions, you can plug the USB cable. Personally, I have two controllers and a charger, when one is empty I grab the other one.
    Last edited by Alex_68; January 22nd, 2015 at 11:40 AM. Reason: as always, syntax!!
    ubernood likes this.
    PSN ID: Lo-Zio-Ale | Multiplayer mode: ON | Time zone: GMT+1 | My PSN Profile

Just got my PS4 last night. Haven't owned a console in ages so I'm really excited to dig in.

What games do you have?
    Alex_SAN likes this.

PSN ID
    alexier2707
    Got mine last year and am looking for friends..you could all add me, would be really nice..

PSN ID
    EVILDEAD333
    anyone on here can add me on here if you want my psn name is the one i am useing on here so add me got lots of games

PSN ID
    BasicConduct
    Finally was able to pick me up a PS4 and must say I'm loving it so far. I bought it more because of the Exclusives on the system I also own an Xbox One but admit that Playstation exclusive games are always way better than any of the Xbox Ones (which seem more like the exclusives are just sequels to old IP's) The controller unfortunately doesn't seem to last too long compared to the Xbox controller. Other than that I'm definitely not disappointed by it. Now just need to expand my friend list so anyone down for some CoD:AW or FC4? hit me up: BasicConduct

PSN ID
    ZzLuLz
    Yeah i will say the ps4 is my favorite next gen console.

PSN ID
    dazz7654
    ive had my playstation a few weeks..... had an x-box 360 before as an older gamer .... like rpg s and strategy sportwise golf ..... first game on ps4 shadow of morder ...fter 60 hours play ... got a bit bored .... now enjoying playing Last of us remastered

Sniper Kitten

PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    Quote Originally Posted by dazz987 View Post
    ive had my playstation a few weeks..... had an x-box 360 before as an older gamer .... like rpg s and strategy sportwise golf ..... first game on ps4 shadow of morder ...fter 60 hours play ... got a bit bored .... now enjoying playing Last of us remastered
    60 hours on a game can definitely have that effect Welcome aboard
    dazz987 likes this.

Very nice Mortin, i'm really liking mine today. Been play the crap out of killzone.

PSN ID
    jackburton7787
    I've had mine less than a day, and am thinking about returning it. It came with last of us. As far as I can tell, it's not a game, it's a movie that you learn like a trained seal or you die. The package says the site has demos but all I see are trailers that show clips. I like first person shooters, I'm beginning to think they don't exist. I'm gonna check peoples videos, but if they are all this follow the carrot stuff, I'm pretty disappointed.
    Well I found a couple screen shots of first person shooters, but I wish the trailers showed would show actual play, I want to play, not watch crappy movie trailers. Be nice if you could ff through them during play. Impress me with exiting gameplay, not terrible acting, and boring drawn out scenes. Think I'll give the old blood a shot.
    Last edited by jackburton; May 7th, 2015 at 12:25 PM.

The Enforcer

PSN ID
    private/PM me
    As far as Last of Us is concerned how far have you go into the game?
    When I first started playing it I thought the same,mostly running around watching cutscenes and dialog but believe me,it gets much better and there is actual gameplay in there too
    If you play it through to the end you will appreciate how good it really is.If not perhaps you just dont like any other game type at all other than FPS games.

If you after FPS games check these:
    Wolfenstein:The Old Blood,Wolfenstein:The New Order,Battlefield Hardline,Battlefield 4,Far Cry 4,Destiny,CoD Advanced Warfare,CoD Ghosts,Metro Redux,Killzone Shadowfall,Backlight Retribution,
    You might be eligible for site trophies! >>click here<< and >>here<< for more info.

Hey!! i only have BF4 as of right now...only had my ps4 for a few days now...

PSN ID
    KingJoonToon
    Just got my Pro!

Loving it and love the different options that it brings especially in Rise of the Tomb Raider and inFamous Second Son. Being able to choose between a locked and unlocked frame rate is brilliant. Allows me to play the game how I want, and the games look goood!

I agree with this post.

I was PC gamer for last time, not playing consoles, but last week i owned PS4 and grabbed some games
    NieR: Automata
    Resident Evil 7: biohazard
    Grand Theft Auto V
    Overwatch

currently playing RE 7

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456