Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Official I Got My PlayStation 4 - Owner Impressions Thread!

Got it ;)

Hey,

i got mine today. This beast is just wonderfull... Gaming, Design, Fun-factor.
    i was searching for days to get one of them in my hands. Then i found the website cardbybit.com
    it feelt a bit strange to buy a Playstation 4 with bitcoins but it worked without any problems

Really i have both the Xbox one and the Playstation 4. But the PS4 is still the better console!

Have a lot of fun
    Kop_Gore likes this.

Congratulations, what is your PSN name maybe we could game some time!

I just got mine with NBA 2K14! The game looks so real, and it plays so well!!! I don't like the menus, but I hope they re haul that aspect.

PSN ID
    KiLLAKATiEE
    Loving hearing what everyone has to say about the PS4
    First off I am thrilled about the amazing graphics. I love how realistic everything looks in the game.
    I am a big time COD fan and loving the new controller. Even tho it is a little heavier.
    I'm still getting used to the menu and navigating around.
    One thing I do not care for is when your playing COD and you go to message someone you cant see the game. Especially when I want to real fast reply to a message and I can still see when the game is about to start.
    Has anyone found a way to time out of a game like you could easily on PS3? There is nothing more annoying getting thrown into a game. I hate to back out and get a loss on my stats that wasn't my fault.
    Game chat is awesome but... sometimes I like to hear the randoms on their mic.
    Also when you play S&R or S&D basically teams can cheat and tell the person where enemies are. Not a fan about that...
    I still need a play around more its only been a couple days but so far two thumbs up

Let me know if anyone is looking to join a new clan. Were all positive players and are online daily. Let me know

The Enforcer

PSN ID
    private/PM me
    Quote Originally Posted by KiLLAKATiEE View Post
    Game chat is awesome but... sometimes I like to hear the randoms on their mic.
    Press option button when the game has started then triangle I think and you will see options to mute all but friends,all but team,or all but party.
    And when you do select mute it carries over to other games,you dont have to mute again.
    Remember,you cant do it in the lobby though,only when the game has actually started.

Quote Originally Posted by KiLLAKATiEE View Post
    Also when you play S&R or S&D basically teams can cheat and tell the person where enemies are. Not a fan about that.
    Actually no,they cant,they never could in previous CoD games either.
    Once a person has been killed in game he cant talk to the remaining players,and so any remaining players cannot hear team mates that have been killed in game.
    Remaining players can hear and chat to other remaining players,and killed players can chat to other players that are no longer in the game.

Ofcourse thats all good on PS3 but there is an exception on PS4,if you party chat to your PSN friends (party chat from PS4 XMB menu,not ingame party chat) and end up on opposing sides you can still chat to each other.
    I think if you party chat (not ingame but from PS4 XMB menu) then when friends are on opposing sides chat should be auto blocked somehow.
    Last edited by Oberon; March 12th, 2014 at 03:27 AM.
    You might be eligible for site trophies! >>click here<< and >>here<< for more info.

PSN ID
    don_bidarian
    I've got my PS4 today(FINALLY)

My first impressions:

1. beautiful and stunning!
    2. dualshock 4 is amazing
    3. really noisy(compared to PS3)
    4. first day update is freaking slow (8 hours passed and only 230mb downloaded).

I've got Killzone and Call of duty. The graphics arent that impressive IMO. CoD is fun though.

The Enforcer

PSN ID
    private/PM me
    Quote Originally Posted by don_bidarian View Post
    1. beautiful and stunning!
    Ofcourse

2. dualshock 4 is amazing
    Yep,better than DS3.

3. really noisy(compared to PS3)
    Not for me. I mean I have an 80GB Fat PS3 so I guess it may noiser than newer model PS3's but the PS4 still doesnt sound too noisy to me at all.

4. first day update is freaking slow (8 hours passed and only 230mb downloaded).
    Should not be that slow.It may be a quicker download if you download it from Sony site via PC and install it from a flash drive.

I've got Killzone and Call of duty. The graphics arent that impressive IMO. CoD is fun though.
    Killzone or Ghosts? Well Ghosts is still easily better on PS4 than PS3 but dont forget,Ghosts was made as 'cross gen' game and also when specs of PS4 was'nt finalized.
    So expect a better CoD come November this year. (We hope..lol)

As for Killzone,graphics are quite good I think.
    You might be eligible for site trophies! >>click here<< and >>here<< for more info.

PSN ID
    don_bidarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Ofcourse

Yep,better than DS3.

Not for me. I mean I have an 80GB Fat PS3 so I guess it may noiser than newer model PS3's but the PS4 still doesnt sound too noisy to me at all.

Should not be that slow.It may be a quicker download if you download it from Sony site via PC and install it from a flash drive.

Killzone or Ghosts? Well Ghosts is still easily better on PS4 than PS3 but dont forget,Ghosts was made as 'cross gen' game and also when specs of PS4 was'nt finalized.
    So expect a better CoD come November this year. (We hope..lol)

As for Killzone,graphics are quite good I think.
    Killzone is ok, but I think we need Metal Gear and the new Uncharted to truly see the power of next gen.

the update went on fast today (less than 2 minutes) so I guess it was my connection issue.

btw, I wanna get a PS Plus account, which is the best region to play online? My PSN account is based on UK.

The Enforcer

PSN ID
    private/PM me
    Its not so much which region is best for online play,as no matter where you get your games from or PS+ account is from most MP games you play will be based on your geographical location. (AFAIK)
    So if you play Ghosts for eg P2P match making will be selected on best connection usually,Ghosts has no option to search for games for best connection,locally or worldwide as other CoD games did.
    BF4 will also place you in a game with best connection if you choose quick match option,you can however browse servers and join games not in your region,but you may suffer lag then.

As far as I know,anyway,if I am wrong then anyone please correct me.

Back on the PS4!

Well, I purchased mine yesterday (feels good to purchase one right at the beginning of this generation - I've always been late to the party) and have spent some quality time with.

So far, I love it! Seriously love it.

Everything runs so smooth. I can't believe how much faster the PS Store loads up compared to the PS3! The DualShock 4 is just phenomenal. Best controller I've held ever.

I've only played Killzone: Shadow Fall but it looks fantastic and again, runs so smooth. The other game I picked up was ACIV: Black Flag and I can't wait to see what that looks and plays like (only played about 10 minutes of it on the PS3)

I really like the "Live on Playstation" (is that what it's called?) where I can just check out somebody playing games. Didn't think I would but hey. I only really watch it to see what the games are like that they are playing, but still really like it!

The only con at this time is that there isn't any option to change your UI theme. I'm sure that's to come though.

All in all, loving it. Seriously.
    "You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall.
    But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

I just got mine 2 weeks ago. After holding and playing it for 2 weeks, all I can say is that it's amazing but I'm not impressed yet due to the games. The good news though is that I can see so much potential for this machine that I just know I'll be having so much fun with it once the good games come out for this platform. XD

The Enforcer

PSN ID
    private/PM me
    Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    The only con at this time is that there isn't any option to change your UI theme.
    That's not the only con,they still need to add pop up notification to show you when your PSN friends sign in and out of PSN.
    And I still cant change my PSN avatar on PS4,none show up for me. I need to change them on PS3 then it shows on PS4.
    I know other people can but for some reason no avatars show up for me on PS4.

Back on the PS4!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    That's not the only con,they still need to add pop up notification to show you when your PSN friends sign in and out of PSN.
    And I still cant change my PSN avatar on PS4,none show up for me. I need to change them on PS3 then it shows on PS4.
    I know other people can but for some reason no avatars show up for me on PS4.
    Yeah I agree with pop-up notifications. How come I can get notifications when I get a message but not for when somebody comes online?
    "You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall.
    But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

The controller is wonderful. You can really feel the weight distribution and the vibration. The PS4 itself is a great console. It has a decent cooling system, it's compact, the games are great and it looks ASTONISHING.
    Haze likes this.

PSN ID
    Neuezielmk35
    I'm not quite sure how I feel about the controller just yet. Its not bad but I'm so use to the ps3's at this point, I guess it just feels weird.

The Enforcer

PSN ID
    private/PM me
    It really doesnt take long to get used to DualShock 4,and once you do you will realize that its easily better than the DS3.
    Haze likes this.

I really like the exclusives. Also, it has a wonderful ventilation and it remains cool and well ventilated no matter how much I play.

PSN ID
    Madcat32
    I've had mine since 2/1/14 and have been loving every minute of it.

I have only just completed the main story in Assassins Creed Black Flag but at 49% have loads of missions still to do if I want. Having not played any of the previous AC games I did wonder about this one but have to say one of my favourite games OF ALL TIME and it's like playing a pirate movie.

Graphically it's stunning just stunning!

I still have Tomb Raider and Killzone to play but have been enjoying Need For Speed, Fifa and Resogun lots.

Love the DS4 with touchpad and audio jack - excellent idea.

The UI is soooooo fast and slick I was messaging a mate whilst playing last night and within 30 seconds back in the game.

It's so small, sleek and powerful a machine I can't understand the hatred from anyone if they like games.

I'm hyped for Watchdogs and Driveclub and the new zombie MMO looks amazing.

Add me as a friend if you fancy some casual gaming on Fifa, Need For Speed or Resogun - I'm normally around 7pm UK time until 9ish.

I'm a more "mature" gamer been gaming since the 1980's but have recaptured my excitement for gaming now I have a PS4.

Wow, I can't believe how well ventilated this device is. I've never seen anything like that before. After 5 hours of gaming, it's still a little bit cold.

What a brilliant console! I already love mine to bits. The only downer is the limited number of games available currently. Luckily there are new games launched every month and there are some great ones in the pipeline. BF4 works really well on the PS4 and I am currently spending all my free time playing BF4.
    Haze likes this.

Not only that the controller is great, but I really like the layout and the texture of the console. It feels really good to touch it, actually.

PSN ID
    Madcat32
    I also like how quickly you can text message your friends and then leap back into the game you are playing.

The share game play is also a cool facility but mine only seems to pick 15 minutes at random!

Wow, Infamous Second is a really good game! I've never expected it to be that good.

PSN ID
    Madcat32
    Quote Originally Posted by Takedon View Post
    Wow, Infamous Second is a really good game! I've never expected it to be that good.
    I still haven't bought it yet!

Must wait until pay day.........

Do you know any other decent games on the PS4?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast