Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Official I Got My PlayStation 4 - Owner Impressions Thread!

Mine arrived on Xmas eve and was non-working right out the box.

I got the Knack pack-in game and it seemed to taking ages to load. I pressed the eject button and the PS4 made some horrible scraping and grinding noises. Eventually. it ejected the disc, but wouldn't accept any more.

Luckily Sony Europe are sending a replacement on friday by courier.

I love my PS4. It's a great console, but the games aren't that amazing. Resogun is the best thing on the console right now. Like people said with the Wii U, we need games. Though from what I in the release schedule the Spring/Fall season will be great for the console and really make things great. The PS4 is going to be my primary console while the Wii U is my secondary.

I got mine on Nov 15th Midnight launch. Got Killzone: Shadow Fall, & Battlefield 4. One of the greatest decisions I ever made. The system is remarkable & I really love it.
    TheDarkDefender likes this.

PSN ID
    GutterKeeper
    I pulled my PS4 out of the box and was instantly suprised at the weight of the actual unit. It had a little more heft than I expected. After pulling it out I thought to myself that it wasnt much smaller than my old fat 360, then after unhooking the 360 and placing the PS4 in its spot, I quickly realized how wrong I was. The slim, sleek and edgy console felt very robust. I am still figuring out the UI but I am loving it more everytime I turn it on. I find myself just exploring the system instead of actually playing games the instant I turn on the system. Definitely a huge upgrade from my 360 (which will be going into the kids room so he can keep playing his Kinect games without bothering me while I'm playing, LOL).

BF4 in my opinion looks much better on the PS4 than it did on my friends PS3. Killzone so far has been a good game... the more I play it the less impressed I am with it, however it is still a solid game and I am not disappointed in buying it. Knack is just fun... nothing flashy, but it can definitely suck you into hours of play without realizing it. I have already started looking at future games to put on the purchase list.

In the past I've always waited for games to either drop in price, or picked them up used for a significant discount. With this console, I find myself wanting to drop $60 everytime I see a flash of a game I think I'd like to play.

Guys, congrats on receiving your new PS4, I heard the system is awesome. Iím doing a short informal review for my website and would like to know what your thoughts are on the PS4. Tell me if you agree with this or not: I believe the PS4 is the console Sony hopes will wipe the floor with the Xbox One. Back in the day, the Xbox 360 was the 'gamers console' while the PS3 was just a piece of living room decor with a Blu-ray drive on-board. Simply put, Sony at the time was too complicated to really enjoy.
    This time around. Sony seems intent on not forgetting what games consoles are about. For example, the PS4 is smaller and thinner than the PS3 and much better looking. Both PS4 and XBOX have plenty of cores to handle intensive multitasking and cope with new entertainment-focused features.
    In general , the UI is slick, the console boots up nice and fast, and you donít have to wait painfully long for game installations and updates. Games look gorgeous. Itís more noticeable on games like Call of Duty: Ghosts and Killzone: Shadow Fall where there is definitely a bump up in detail, sharpness and the lighting. Aside from disc loading, the PS4 is a quiet machine that generates very little fan noise and is a far cry from the racket the original PS3 used to generate.
    Agree? Disagree? Whatís your take on this?

WinterSoldier,
    unlockedandforsale.com
    Last edited by WinterSoldier; January 3rd, 2014 at 10:12 PM.

PSN ID
    KMJ_84
    After a day delay in my console being delivered, I finally had the PS4 at my house last night.

First impressions was that the console itself is such a sleek design, it is currently sitting underneath my white Xbox 360 (there is a partition between them both) and straight away I could tell it was smaller and when I picked them both up, I have to say the PS4 is the lighter of the two.

Setting up wasn't too difficult either, I just have to deal with the spaghetti junction of cables behind the TV unit over the weekend.

Booting the console up was easyish. The latest firmware didn't seem to download straight away and I had to go to the system settings and download it that way, all in all the initial set up lasted about 20 minutes (including the installation).

The UI is nice, sleek, and quick and compared to the dashboard of the 360, a hundred times smoother.

I've had a go at streaming live gameplay, (just Lego Marvel though) and I was really impressed with how easy everything is.

I haven't come across any bugs or annoyances. It's a great console and I'm looking forward to spending more time with it

I purchased my PS4 in early Dec but it was meant for xmas so we opened it on xmas..

Have played with the kids "Lego Marvel Superheroes". Just a great game.

Have not done any online gaming.. So far, PS4 is just great.

PSN ID
    schoat333
    My local walmart received 7 of them yesterday, so I finally got my hands on one. I spent about a week trying to find one, so I wasn't really expecting to get it so quickly, but glad I did. I'm really impressed with it so far. I played COD Ghosts after downloading the ps3-ps4 digital upgrade for $10 I was not expecting it to be much different, but wow it really looks 10 times better on ps4. Everything is so clear and smooth.

I think I'm going to get assassins creed next. That looks like a great game.

The Enforcer

PSN ID
    private/PM me
    Quote Originally Posted by schoat333 View Post
    I played COD Ghosts after downloading the ps3-ps4 digital upgrade for $10 I was not expecting it to be much different, but wow it really looks 10 times better on ps4. Everything is so clear and smooth.
    You are right,some people say it doesnt really look next gen but play both for a while and you will really appreciate it.
    I noticed the difference straight away too,not only does it look sharper and more solid,distances are better etc but lighting and particle effects better too.
    eg: Go on private mode on Prison Break map,chec the light coming through the trees compared to PS3 version.
    Fire a grenade launcher into the dirt on PS3,now do the same on PS4 and watch that dirt fly...lol

Play the PS4 version for a while then when you go back to PS3 it looks a little washed out and flat in comparison.

Having said that,you should check Battlefield 4 on PS4,that looks really awesome too.

And these are first batch titles. Imagine BF and CoD games 1-3 years down the track.
    You might be eligible for site trophies! >>click here<< and >>here<< for more info.

PSN ID
    isaypwnsj00
    So this post is a bit late... Oops. Sorry.

I pre-ordered the PS4 online and it came the day of the launch. Honestly, I was surprised it came on time (it was USPS, so yeah). I did get the Knack game with it. Knack is not really that great of a game, it just kind of shows off the frame rate of the PS4. To be honest... This is kind of like the PS3 launch again. Not that many games at launch, but that never bothered me. I always think it's good to buy a console at launch, since that's when the hardware is at its best. Overtime, to drive down the cost of building the consoles, the hardware gets cheaper and cheaper. That's how they afford the discounted sales prices. But anyway, rant aside...

I did like the sleek design, much more compact and less bulgy than the ps3 at launch. However, the disc rack was not obvious at first. I kind of had a dumb moment trying to find it. As usual, a lot of updates and hotfixes had to download and sync with the PS4. Mildly annoying, but that's pretty much the standard with new consoles. I do like GTA V on it, pretty much the only game I've been playing consistently on the PS4. The graphics are impressive, however I'm not one to say that bad graphics is a deal breaker in a game for me. I also play Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag pretty often. That game looks great on the PS4 compared to other consoles. I own a Wii U, and I'm very happy with it, but I borrowed a friend's copy to compare the PS4 and Wii U with AC4 and the PS4 definitely wins that battle.

The Enforcer

PSN ID
    private/PM me
    Quote Originally Posted by shisangyeol View Post
    However, the disc rack was not obvious at first. I kind of had a dumb moment trying to find it.
    lol..me too

Quote Originally Posted by shisangyeol View Post
    I do like GTA V on it, pretty much the only game I've been playing consistently on the PS4.
    Huh? GTA V is not on PS4. Typo?
    You might be eligible for site trophies! >>click here<< and >>here<< for more info.

I got mine two days ago and 1 word: AWESOMENESS.........
    Just hoped that the machine would play movies and music as well, gotta hope they initialize it on the next update.

PSN ID
    chrisrogers29
    Got one on launch day, quite impressed with the console, the only thing that has wound me up so far is the problems with BF4, i only have got the one game at the moment but glad I have upgraded

I bought mine yesterday and have played BF4 and AC:IV. And it's a big upgrade from my PS3. I love the PS4 graphics and speed!!

PSN ID
    critter505
    I just got my ps4 on Monday, and I love it. Very fast, great graphics and just a pretty machine. My only complaint is the lack of video playback support via flash drive. Not a huge deal though.

PSN ID
    DocVineet

Greatness arrived

It was launched in India on 6 Jan and I got it on the first day. It is everything they said it wud be.

I just wish firmware support for 3d and move etc was sooner. Also having a hard time looking for a replacement HDD in the 2tb range

Just disappointed by the fact that it wont play ripped music and movies like the PS3

PSN ID
    DocVineet
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1391346776677.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  53.9 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1391346800071.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  67.9 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1391346817163.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  46.8 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1391346829277.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  47.0 KB

Very nice

PSN ID
    MxA_BWOMP
    I'm gonna be honest. I've been a PlayStation fan since the PSOne, especially since that was the only console that I could play FFVII on. I had a PS 2 up until 2010, then a buddy of mine convinced me to buy a Xbox 360. I enjoyed it a lot, until my account got hacked and I was out $300! MS locked my acct for 6 months while they "investigated" my claim. After the 6 months was up, they came back with, "We've determined that you console was never out of your hands, therefore we will NOT reimburse you". Good thing my bank had fraud protection, and they refunded my money.

I tried out the PS3, and just couldn't get used to the controllers. They felt small and "cheap" to me. Plus having to DL all my games to the HDD was a MAJOR turn off. All I wanted to do was put in the game and play it. So I went back to Xbox.

I was on the fence about buying a next-gen console. I couldn't make up my mind. Both had great features, price was good, and most of the games I want to play are on both. I chose the XB1, and "heard" that if the kinect hears you cursing, then it could ban your acct and "brick" your console. After ton's of research, I couldn't verify any of that, but I wouldn't put it passed MS, so I chose the PS4. Then all my friends and clan mates bought XB1's. I chose the XB1 again.

Then it happened.

I won a PS4 from work!

Yeah, I had to pay 40% tax on it, but it was still cheaper than buying it outright. So here we are. A proud PS4 owner!

I really can't complain too much about it. The graphics are AMAZING, the controller is they best one by far (IMO), and it is much quieter than my 360. Now all I have to do is wait for the new games to drop, and I'll be a happy camper!

PSN ID
    Mr_Skunkie
    Got mine for a week now. I am not sure to be positive or negative about it... The console is fast, loading times are fast, installing games are fast, it doesn't make much noise and console has a nice design.
    But I expected better graphics for the high-end video card in it (Maybe it is just the game what doesn't support high graphics yet). Also I hoped for more functions/apps like putting music/video's on your PS4. And more apps to download. These things can still come off course.

PSN ID
    RyBaCzOk
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantic View Post
    Hey guys, here is a thread for all new PlayStation 4 owners to share our experience with the PlayStation 4. Personally, with the psn login issues aside, I really like it. XMB is very fluid. One thing to not is that we weren't able to connect a vita to the machine. Going to have to keep troubleshooting that. Controller also feels very nice and looks great. Its much smaller than the fat ps3 and looks really sharp. How are your guys experiences? Use the PS4 tips and tricks board to ask any technical questions you might have.
    i got my ps4 yesturday. i have had no sign in issues or ps vita issues. it connects straight away. why doesnt your vita connect? only issue i have had is the voice commands with the headset but no biggy.

PSN ID
    RyBaCzOk
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
    Got mine for a week now. I am not sure to be positive or negative about it... The console is fast, loading times are fast, installing games are fast, it doesn't make much noise and console has a nice design.
    But I expected better graphics for the high-end video card in it (Maybe it is just the game what doesn't support high graphics yet). Also I hoped for more functions/apps like putting music/video's on your PS4. And more apps to download. These things can still come off course.
    i would also like to add my own music and also photos as im into photography and would be a great place to display them. they can still add all these features, i just hope they do

One week later. I finally left me ps4 to rest my eyes. I love technology. nuff said!

PSN ID
    dav1980rfc
    Having come over from xbox 360 id like to see more apps available and more customization options for the home screen and avatars. Its taking a bit of getting used to the menus and layout but its a great machine and will only improve.

PSN ID
    sonyentertainmentnetwork
    Quote Originally Posted by anemrac View Post
    I've seen the same. Even the screen shots from the playroom look pretty crappy.
    Really nice

PSN ID
    iUseaBLADEOnly
    Quote Originally Posted by dav1980rfc View Post
    Having come over from xbox 360 id like to see more apps available and more customization options for the home screen and avatars. Its taking a bit of getting used to the menus and layout but its a great machine and will only improve.
    The apps are one thing I'm excited about. I can't wait to see all these new applications and programs that are released. The PS3 came way before that stuff, so it didn't really get anything.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast