Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube

How PS4 and PS Vita Will Interact in Remote Play

If you're still wondering how the Vita will work with the PS4 with remote play, then this is your answer! Shuehei Yoshida clarifies on how this will work, and it's pretty interesting. Let's just hope most, if not all games are programmed to work with the Vita.

Q: Does the Vita do any work or is it all done by the PS4?
    A: Vita takes your input, receives and decodes video from PS4 very fast.

Q: As in what games will be able to use remote play and what games won't, or will every game be able to?
    A: Games that require special input device like a dance game won't work, others will.

Q: How will I be able to play all the PS4 games on it without buying a new memory card if my Vita is only 4GB?
    A: Remote Play does not require a large memory card.

Master Member
    Hmmm...it sounds really intriguing to me, but they are yet to show anything related to PS4 and Vita interaction. I for one will hope that show something on Gamecom today.

If it works well, those kinds of things are definitely interesting. I mean being able to continue playing your games for a bit after going to bed or maybe while cooking something in the kitchen or on the toilet (cooking something in the toilet? what?) is definitely an attractive bonus and a good extra reason to get a Vita. On top of the Vita's own games, of course.
    Let's just hope the latency won't be too bad.

Ahh.... I say to he'll with remote play. I wouldn't buy the PS Vita just to play PS 4 games on it. Yes, it's cool but, can't Sony just give us a strong lineup of games coming for their handheld console rather than distracting us with features such as these? I want a whole new gaming experience on the PS 3 and not just the same experience that I get on the PS 4. My golly.

Meh, the Vita is a lost cause to me. It wasn't very good from the first place, and instead of phasing it out they are trying to promote it more. I think that it's ultimately their choice, but I would like to see them put in the effort and resources into making the PS4 even better because the Vita really isn't working, as lindbergh points out, you wouldn't go out of your way to buy a Vita to play PS4 games on it.

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger The Unlosing Ranger's Avatar
    PSN ID
    Androu1
    Quote Originally Posted by ozadin View Post
    Q: As in what games will be able to use remote play and what games won't, or will every game be able to?
    A: Games that require special input device like a dance game won't work, others will.
    Nonsense! I could totally play a dance game on Vita by standing on the Vita itself!

Anyway, these answers are pretty obvious answers, all things considered...

Professional Escapologist BlackSolaris's Avatar
    Its this type of thing that makes me question, how does this type of magic works. What about input lag? Video tearing? How afar can you be before it disconnects?
    Well, it's a nice addition for the PSVita, at least we have that new...