Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    PSN ID
    superangelo95

Ps4 disc drive not working!!!

Last week I took apart my PS4 to replace the thermal paste because every time I played on it the console was going to blow up. But other than the loud noise it was making everything was working normal. After replacing the thermal paste and putting the ps4 back together I am now no longer able to insert dics into the PS4 or get the new update for it. Even when I try putting in a disc it makes no sucking sound and the eject button does not make a beeping sound. I thought that I may have broke the ribbon that blugs in from the blue ray drive to the motherboard so I replace that and still nothing. Just wondering where do I go from here? Should I buy a new blue ray drive? They are $30 on ebay. Or is the problem the daughterboard is broken? It is weird that it would be broken tho because as I said everything was working normal before I took apart the PS4. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

PSN ID
    RolanTHUNDER
    Quote Originally Posted by angelodel95 View Post
    Last week I took apart my PS4 to replace the thermal paste because every time I played on it the console was going to blow up. But other than the loud noise it was making everything was working normal. After replacing the thermal paste and putting the ps4 back together I am now no longer able to insert dics into the PS4 or get the new update for it. Even when I try putting in a disc it makes no sucking sound and the eject button does not make a beeping sound. I thought that I may have broke the ribbon that blugs in from the blue ray drive to the motherboard so I replace that and still nothing. Just wondering where do I go from here? Should I buy a new blue ray drive? They are $30 on ebay. Or is the problem the daughterboard is broken? It is weird that it would be broken tho because as I said everything was working normal before I took apart the PS4. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
    Daughterboard, hahaha. Sounds tough mate. I'm not really sure what else it could be. If not the cable then the drive maybe... far as I know PS drives are specifically coded to work with the PS itself so buying an aftermarket one may make the console think you're trying to crack it to play copied games... just guessing here.