Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: IDEA: Only add Well Known or Triple AAA titles to the PS4 games section

  1. #1

    Darkness

    Derri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scotland, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,083
    PSN ID
    Dead1y-Derri
    Rep Power
    73

    IDEA: Only add Well Known or Triple AAA titles to the PS4 games section

    I was thinking about the amount of games that we now have on that section and I noticed a lot of the Indie titles only had one or two threads in it. Most of these games were from the PS+ games and I therefore think it would be wise to not add every Indie title and focus on adding just the AAA titles or well known upcoming games because it would cut down the load considerably.

  2. #2

    Back on the PS4!

    Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Krypton (Australia)
    Posts
    2,699
    Rep Power
    206
    Yeah I think we've been going this direction lately as as you said, the "smaller" titles barely have any threads.

    I feel if people do want sub-forums for a certain "smaller" game, then they can request one in this thread: PS4 Games that need their own individual forums Thread
    "You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall.
    But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

  3. #3

    Darkness

    Derri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scotland, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,083
    PSN ID
    Dead1y-Derri
    Rep Power
    73
    I agree with what you said Haze. However I think even ones that are requested should maybe be denied.

    For example dust an elysian tale and spelunky, chances are we'll never have more than two or three threads within that forum. (Now that I've said it, we'll probably get like 50+ lol)

    I've looked over the PS+ games list this year and the ones that were made into subforums didn't get a lot of attention.

  4. #4
    The Watcher In The Wings iamthenight90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    crime alley
    Posts
    671
    PSN ID
    iamthenight90
    Rep Power
    43
    maybe we can have a download only games subforum inside the ps4 games subforum?
    and then move some games.
    i know things look bleak,
    but even the word hopeless has hope in it.
    plus if you rearange the letters it says peeslosh.
    that last part was probably unnecessary
    ~the battleblock theater narrator

  5. #5

    Darkness

    Derri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scotland, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,083
    PSN ID
    Dead1y-Derri
    Rep Power
    73
    It doesn't seem necessary when we have a general gaming subforum for PS4 games to have another subforum for download games.

  6. #6

    Back on the PS4!

    Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Krypton (Australia)
    Posts
    2,699
    Rep Power
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by Derri View Post
    It doesn't seem necessary when we have a general gaming subforum for PS4 games to have another subforum for download games.
    Pretty much this.
    "You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall.
    But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

  7. #7

    Darkness

    Derri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scotland, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,083
    PSN ID
    Dead1y-Derri
    Rep Power
    73
    I mean to me I think perhaps not adding Indie games and smaller games unless we have significant demands for it, because otherwise the subforums will become too much. Like I said I looked up a list of the PS+ games offered this year and the ones made into a subforum only got a few threads in them.

  8. #8

    Back on the PS4!

    Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Krypton (Australia)
    Posts
    2,699
    Rep Power
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by Derri View Post
    I mean to me I think perhaps not adding Indie games and smaller games unless we have significant demands for it, because otherwise the subforums will become too much. Like I said I looked up a list of the PS+ games offered this year and the ones made into a subforum only got a few threads in them.
    Yeah that's pretty much the way it'll be I reckon
    "You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall.
    But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

  9. #9

    Back on the PS4!

    Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Krypton (Australia)
    Posts
    2,699
    Rep Power
    206
    Ok so I've know added an update to the original thread which you can read right here: PS4 Games that need their own individual forums Thread
    "You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall.
    But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

  10. #10
    The Watcher In The Wings iamthenight90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    crime alley
    Posts
    671
    PSN ID
    iamthenight90
    Rep Power
    43
    id say edit it more to say "basicly anything on a disc."
    i know things look bleak,
    but even the word hopeless has hope in it.
    plus if you rearange the letters it says peeslosh.
    that last part was probably unnecessary
    ~the battleblock theater narrator

  11. #11

    Back on the PS4!

    Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Krypton (Australia)
    Posts
    2,699
    Rep Power
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthenight90 View Post
    id say edit it more to say "basicly anything on a disc."
    I would, but major games get release on the PS Store exclusively. Assassin's Creed Liberation HD, Minecraft (before it was released as retail) and Warframe come to mind.
    "You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall.
    But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

  12. #12

    Darkness

    Derri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scotland, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,083
    PSN ID
    Dead1y-Derri
    Rep Power
    73
    Thanks Haze
    Haze likes this.

  13. #13
    Senior Member drunkchiksrEZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    110
    PSN ID
    drunkchiksrEZ
    Rep Power
    11
    We can also try like on the main forum page under PlayStation General, right now there is 3 options to choose from. PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 accessories and PlayStation 4 games. We could make a 4th option to choose from and label that PlayStation 4 Plus Games or something like that and just have all the PSN games under that section and all the main games under PlayStation 4 games. I wouldn't mind having it like that, I think it would be easier to navigate and find exactly what game your looking for. I don't know if you guys have thought of doing it like this or not yet so just thought I'd throw my two cents out there. Maybe we can have a poll/vote type thing and see what everyone thinks would be the best way to go about this in the future.
    iamthenight90 likes this.

  14. #14

    Back on the PS4!

    Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Krypton (Australia)
    Posts
    2,699
    Rep Power
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkchiksrEZ View Post
    We can also try like on the main forum page under PlayStation General, right now there is 3 options to choose from. PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 accessories and PlayStation 4 games. We could make a 4th option to choose from and label that PlayStation 4 Plus Games or something like that and just have all the PSN games under that section and all the main games under PlayStation 4 games. I wouldn't mind having it like that, I think it would be easier to navigate and find exactly what game your looking for. I don't know if you guys have thought of doing it like this or not yet so just thought I'd throw my two cents out there. Maybe we can have a poll/vote type thing and see what everyone thinks would be the best way to go about this in the future.
    Thanks for the suggestion

    Well, there hasn't really been much activity on the PS Plus games sub-forums (Fix the Cat, Spelunky HD, etc.) so to have their own section might be a waste of space too.

    But I may be wrong about that. If enough people are on board with your idea, then of course we'll consider going through with it!
    "You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall.
    But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

  15. #15

    Sniper Kitten

    Titan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    994
    PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    Rep Power
    61
    I like the games subforums. My critique of it (and it's actually the reason I don't venture into it) is that there are too many games in there. It gets overwhelming to peruse and sometimes even to find a specific game. I personally believe only the more popular talked about games should have their own subforums. What we used to do at the forum I admin back in the PS2 days. We had a PS2 games section that the most talked about or most popular games had their own subforum. That subforum then got closed when it passed it's prime. Makes the forum less cluttered and I imagine easier on the moderator. What the admins at the time did too was what other forums do; listen to the suggestions and if a subforum for a game gets enough support, make a subforum. Just my two cents anyway
    PSX4Central.com Quite possibly the oldest PS community on the net

  16. #16

    Back on the PS4!

    Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Krypton (Australia)
    Posts
    2,699
    Rep Power
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    I like the games subforums. My critique of it (and it's actually the reason I don't venture into it) is that there are too many games in there. It gets overwhelming to peruse and sometimes even to find a specific game. I personally believe only the more popular talked about games should have their own subforums. What we used to do at the forum I admin back in the PS2 days. We had a PS2 games section that the most talked about or most popular games had their own subforum. That subforum then got closed when it passed it's prime. Makes the forum less cluttered and I imagine easier on the moderator. What the admins at the time did too was what other forums do; listen to the suggestions and if a subforum for a game gets enough support, make a subforum. Just my two cents anyway
    Pretty much what we're going to do from this point forward.
    "You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall.
    But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

  17. #17

    Sniper Kitten

    Titan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    994
    PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    Pretty much what we're going to do from this point forward.
    Good luck Sure the guy in charge of that will be putting in overtime deleting or merging all those boards Does vBulletin allow you to delete forums and subforums in mass? Or do you have to do it one by one?
    PSX4Central.com Quite possibly the oldest PS community on the net

  18. #18

    The Enforcer

    Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,178
    PSN ID
    private/PM me
    Rep Power
    154
    Haze has ACP access just like me and we'll have a chat and delete ones that arent used at all so far and go from there.
    Or,instead of deleting them what we can do is 'hide' them and that way we can bring them back at a later date should we need too.
    Haze and Derri like this.
    You might be eligible for site trophies! >>click here<< and >>here<< for more info.


  19. #19

    The Enforcer

    Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,178
    PSN ID
    private/PM me
    Rep Power
    154
    43 PS4 game sub forums removed.
    Haze and Derri like this.
    You might be eligible for site trophies! >>click here<< and >>here<< for more info.


  20. #20

    Darkness

    Derri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scotland, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,083
    PSN ID
    Dead1y-Derri
    Rep Power
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    43 PS4 game sub forums removed.
    Nice

    I take it all the content from those forums was moved to the general PS4 gaming forum?

  21. #21

    Back on the PS4!

    Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Krypton (Australia)
    Posts
    2,699
    Rep Power
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by Derri View Post
    Nice

    I take it all the content from those forums was moved to the general PS4 gaming forum?
    I actually think all 43 of them had zero activity. I could be wrong. Oberon?
    Derri likes this.
    "You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall.
    But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

  22. #22

    Darkness

    Derri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scotland, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,083
    PSN ID
    Dead1y-Derri
    Rep Power
    73
    I also had a suggestion to maybe add Infamous First Light to the Infamous: Second Son forum (make First Light a subforum of the Second Son forum) simply because First Light is an addon more or less and can be purchased as a standalone or as part of Infamous Second Son. Just a thought

  23. #23

    The Enforcer

    Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,178
    PSN ID
    private/PM me
    Rep Power
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by Derri View Post
    Nice
    I take it all the content from those forums was moved to the general PS4 gaming forum?
    As Haze said,those 43 were had no posts at all,thats why I removed them first.
    You might be eligible for site trophies! >>click here<< and >>here<< for more info.


  24. #24

    Darkness

    Derri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scotland, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,083
    PSN ID
    Dead1y-Derri
    Rep Power
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    As Haze said,those 43 were had no posts at all,thats why I removed them first.
    Cool

    That should remove some clutter

  25. #25

    The Enforcer

    Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,178
    PSN ID
    private/PM me
    Rep Power
    154
    Well it's a start,there's still heaps there but I think from now on maybe only add bigger name titles.
    You might be eligible for site trophies! >>click here<< and >>here<< for more info.


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 30th, 2014, 11:08 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: March 17th, 2014, 11:37 AM
  3. Review Section --> Reviewing Games
    By Derri in forum Feedback & Suggestions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: January 4th, 2014, 05:27 AM
  4. Favorite 'Rockstar Games' titles?
    By SpiralArchitect in forum Playstation 3 Games
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: October 24th, 2013, 04:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •