Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: So, how many people still play their PS3?

  1. #1

    Back on the PS4!

    Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Krypton (Australia)
    Posts
    2,699
    Rep Power
    206

    So, how many people still play their PS3?

    I'm a little curious as to see about how many people still play their PS3 console.

    So, do you still use it from time to time? Or have you fully transitioned to the PS4 and leaving the PS3 in the past?

    As for me, I still do. But I think the time is coming where I'll probably start just being on the PS4. Maybe...
    "You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall.
    But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

  2. #2
    Senior Member Cpt Blackadder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    359
    PSN ID
    beserker-boy
    Rep Power
    27
    still got my pS3 infact i bought a second ps3 this year as back up.

    The reason is, name me another electical device, that is a top of the range blu ray player, 3d player, 500 gb storage device for photo's, music, that can access apps like netflix, BBCi player, AND play awsome games all in one device for under 200 ????

    ( I bought 500gb PS3 with Destiny for 200, sold the game brand new for 35, so in essence got a 500gb PS3 ultra slim for just 165 brand new )

    Besides so many games for next gen are STILL being made for old gen so very few true next gen only games are out there at the moment,

    Add to this a lot of the games for ps3 are now dirt cheap.

    THEN add to that the PS Plus is STILL churning out gems for the PS3 like the Hitman HD collection, Prototype,

    The way i look at it, there isn't 3 main consoles on the market, there are in fact 6 all competing for my time !

    The PS4, Xb1, WiiU, Xbox360, PS3, PS Vita.

    The PS4 isn't replacing my PS3, it's just another console in competition with it! That's how i look at this now.
    The deals with the Xbox360 and gold are equally as impressive as the deals and free stuff for the PS3 and ps Plus subscribers.

    If people consider themselves "gamers", the consoles they are played on are irrelivent and just a platform to acces them if you ask me.
    Titan likes this.

  3. #3

    Back on the PS4!

    Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Krypton (Australia)
    Posts
    2,699
    Rep Power
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Blackadder View Post
    If people consider themselves "gamers", the consoles they are played on are irrelivent and just a platform to acces them if you ask me.
    Exactly. Go where the games are!
    "You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall.
    But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

  4. #4

    Sniper Kitten

    Titan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    994
    PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    Rep Power
    61
    I still use my PS3 almost every day. It may not be used completely for gaming but it still gets a hell of a lot of use. I use it for Netflix and as a Blu-Ray player primarily now. It's still the best thing out there for that. The PS4 is horrible as a Blu-Ray player. Besides, my PS3 upconverts DVDs (and does a good job), can play 3D (even though I don't have a 3D tv, lol) and it has the media remote so I don't need to use the controller. PS4 doesn't have any of that. I'm using my PS4 strictly as a gaming console and probably will continue to do so indefinitely or at least until they a) come out with a media remote (seriously, why have they not yet?) and b) the player's software becomes better than PS3. Other than that, I have no reason to switch my media playing over to PS4.

    I also got two PS3 games for Christmas. My parents got me Borderlands: The Presequel which is getting a lot of play time and my girlfriend got me Walking Dead Season 2 which I have yet to play. So yeah, PS3 ain't getting retired anytime soon
    PSX4Central.com Quite possibly the oldest PS community on the net

  5. #5

    The Enforcer

    Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,178
    PSN ID
    private/PM me
    Rep Power
    154
    I still have my PS3 and there are same games I simply cannot sell and may play sometimes (like RockBand or Guitar Hero,always fun with a few people).
    But honestly apart from that,I dont really play other games on it anymore.
    I usually just stick with PS4 now mostly.
    You might be eligible for site trophies! >>click here<< and >>here<< for more info.


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    33
    PSN ID
    WWFC_4EVA
    Rep Power
    7
    I still have my ps3 hooked up. Online GTA gets alot of use and I am tempted to get the mass effect trilogy whilst its on sale as I have never played them and have recently become intruiged with the concept of the game. I always assumed they were just another first person shooter, which I personally don't really enjoy.

  7. #7

    Sniper Kitten

    Titan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    994
    PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by WWFC4EVA View Post
    I still have my ps3 hooked up. Online GTA gets alot of use and I am tempted to get the mass effect trilogy whilst its on sale as I have never played them and have recently become intruiged with the concept of the game. I always assumed they were just another first person shooter, which I personally don't really enjoy.
    I highly recommend Mass Effect. I have played through the trilogy too much, lol. Just be prepared to lose much of your social life
    PSX4Central.com Quite possibly the oldest PS community on the net

  8. #8
    Junior Member coupestang2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    I still play my PS3, mainly for nascar14

  9. #9
    Member EVILDEAD333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    78
    PSN ID
    EVILDEAD333
    Rep Power
    9
    i dont play my ps3 anymore its in the box it came in anyways

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    271
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    The PS4 is horrible as a Blu-Ray player. Besides, my PS3 upconverts DVDs (and does a good job), can play 3D (even though I don't have a 3D tv, lol) and it has the media remote so I don't need to use the controller. PS4 doesn't have any of that
    How is the PS4 a horrible blu-ray player? It DOES play 3D movies, it DOES upscale DVD's. The only thing it does not have is the media remote at the moment, at least not an official sony one. There is an Insignia media controller for the ps4.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia...&skuId=8703001
    It loads Blu-rays faster then a PS3 and does pretty much everything faster then the PS3.

    I used my PS3 maybe 4 or 5 months ago when I wanted to play GTA V, did that once and then went back to PS4. It is collecting dust now, though I will keep it, partly because the resale value is horrible and I would rather keep it with the games I have then sell it for pretty much nothing.

  11. #11

    Sniper Kitten

    Titan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    994
    PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderings View Post
    How is the PS4 a horrible blu-ray player? It DOES play 3D movies, it DOES upscale DVD's. The only thing it does not have is the media remote at the moment, at least not an official sony one. There is an Insignia media controller for the ps4.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia...&skuId=8703001
    It loads Blu-rays faster then a PS3 and does pretty much everything faster then the PS3.

    I used my PS3 maybe 4 or 5 months ago when I wanted to play GTA V, did that once and then went back to PS4. It is collecting dust now, though I will keep it, partly because the resale value is horrible and I would rather keep it with the games I have then sell it for pretty much nothing.
    You know what? Your right regarding the 3D. I must have misread the tech sheet a while back or it was something they added after launch. Can't remember. Either way I still stand with my original opinion and honestly convenience is a big part of it of why I think the PS4 is a horrible blu ray player. The lack of a media remote is a huge over sight on sonys part and it should have been a no brainer from the start. When I want to watch a movie, I want to pop in the disc, grab the remote and kick back. I don't need to worry about placing the controller down on the couch and coffee table and have it skip a chapter or fast forward because those trigger buttons are so sensitive. That drove me mad with the PS3 which is why I bought the remote

    And I know you'll say just get the third party remotes. I've researched them and they all seem to have mixed reviews. People seemed to have problems getting them to work and as far as I know and remember you can't navigate the menus on the PS4 going back to my whole convenience argument. If Sony comes out with one I'll change my opinion. Unless you have a link to a really good one
    PSX4Central.com Quite possibly the oldest PS community on the net

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    271
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    You know what? Your right regarding the 3D. I must have misread the tech sheet a while back or it was something they added after launch. Can't remember. Either way I still stand with my original opinion and honestly convenience is a big part of it of why I think the PS4 is a horrible blu ray player. The lack of a media remote is a huge over sight on sonys part and it should have been a no brainer from the start. When I want to watch a movie, I want to pop in the disc, grab the remote and kick back. I don't need to worry about placing the controller down on the couch and coffee table and have it skip a chapter or fast forward because those trigger buttons are so sensitive. That drove me mad with the PS3 which is why I bought the remote

    And I know you'll say just get the third party remotes. I've researched them and they all seem to have mixed reviews. People seemed to have problems getting them to work and as far as I know and remember you can't navigate the menus on the PS4 going back to my whole convenience argument. If Sony comes out with one I'll change my opinion. Unless you have a link to a really good one
    I am not saying the third party controller is better, had not even read any reviews, but there is an option. It is slightly more convenient with a proper remote, but really, when I start a movie I am rarely pausing it and am never fast forwarding it nor am I changing chapters, I watch the movie from beginning to end.

  13. #13

    Sniper Kitten

    Titan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    994
    PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderings View Post
    I am not saying the third party controller is better, had not even read any reviews, but there is an option. It is slightly more convenient with a proper remote, but really, when I start a movie I am rarely pausing it and am never fast forwarding it nor am I changing chapters, I watch the movie from beginning to end.
    Haha. Not pausin and rewinding would be ideal. But watching a movie with my girlfriend, I'm constantly pausing and rewinding
    PSX4Central.com Quite possibly the oldest PS community on the net

  14. #14
    Alex_68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Milano, Italy
    Posts
    596
    PSN ID
    Lo-Zio-Ale
    Rep Power
    49
    I had a Xbox360 (I guess it counts since it was old-gen) but I sold it with all my old games. I only play PS4 now.
    zerocool likes this.
    PSN ID: Lo-Zio-Ale | Multiplayer mode: ON | Time zone: GMT+1 | My PSN Profile

  15. #15
    The Watcher In The Wings iamthenight90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    crime alley
    Posts
    671
    PSN ID
    iamthenight90
    Rep Power
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_68 View Post
    I had a Xbox360 (I guess it counts since it was old-gen) but I sold it with all my old games. I only play PS4 now.
    thats what i did to mine. now i still have one and a ps3,wiiu,ps4,and an xbone. my brothers dont understand. santa clause cant just "make" an xboxone,
    i know things look bleak,
    but even the word hopeless has hope in it.
    plus if you rearange the letters it says peeslosh.
    that last part was probably unnecessary
    ~the battleblock theater narrator

  16. #16
    Member zerocool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    7
    The blue ray went out on my ps3 a year ago . So it was simply to watch reg dvds and uploading movies to it. Still use as dvd player and an uploading system for the movies I download

  17. #17

    Sniper Kitten

    Titan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    994
    PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocool View Post
    The blue ray went out on my ps3 a year ago . So it was simply to watch reg dvds and uploading movies to it. Still use as dvd player and an uploading system for the movies I download
    Sounds like the laser went. I had that happen. You can buy a new laser for like 30 bucks then just watch a YouTube video to learn the steps to open it up and fix it. Had mine fixed in an hour
    PSX4Central.com Quite possibly the oldest PS community on the net

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1
    PSN ID
    British12252015
    Rep Power
    0
    I still have my PS3 but it's in my bedroom cupboard now as i use my PS4 all the time now my PS3 it's there when i need it

  19. #19
    The Watcher In The Wings iamthenight90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    crime alley
    Posts
    671
    PSN ID
    iamthenight90
    Rep Power
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by British12252015 View Post
    I still have my PS3 but it's in my bedroom cupboard now as i use my PS4 all the time now my PS3 it's there when i need it
    smoggie how was your xbox?
    i know things look bleak,
    but even the word hopeless has hope in it.
    plus if you rearange the letters it says peeslosh.
    that last part was probably unnecessary
    ~the battleblock theater narrator

  20. #20

    Back on the PS4!

    Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Krypton (Australia)
    Posts
    2,699
    Rep Power
    206
    Quote Originally Posted by British12252015 View Post
    I still have my PS3 but it's in my bedroom cupboard now as i use my PS4 all the time now my PS3 it's there when i need it
    Sorry Smoggie. Nice try though.
    "You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall.
    But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

  21. #21
    The Watcher In The Wings iamthenight90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    crime alley
    Posts
    671
    PSN ID
    iamthenight90
    Rep Power
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    Sorry Smoggie. Nice try though.
    i realy wanted to know the answer to my question though, lol
    Last edited by iamthenight90; January 23rd, 2015 at 08:01 PM.
    i know things look bleak,
    but even the word hopeless has hope in it.
    plus if you rearange the letters it says peeslosh.
    that last part was probably unnecessary
    ~the battleblock theater narrator

  22. #22

    Sniper Kitten

    Titan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    994
    PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    Sorry Smoggie. Nice try though.
    Haha. You know every time. Checking his IP?
    PSX4Central.com Quite possibly the oldest PS community on the net

  23. #23
    The Watcher In The Wings iamthenight90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    crime alley
    Posts
    671
    PSN ID
    iamthenight90
    Rep Power
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Haha. You know every time. Checking his IP?
    his name, prof pic, number in his username, age and location are all the same. just check his post, coincidence i think not
    i know things look bleak,
    but even the word hopeless has hope in it.
    plus if you rearange the letters it says peeslosh.
    that last part was probably unnecessary
    ~the battleblock theater narrator

  24. #24

    Sniper Kitten

    Titan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    994
    PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    Rep Power
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthenight90 View Post
    his name, prof pic, number in his username, age and location are all the same. just check his post, coincidence i think not
    You got a point. The mannerisms are the same. And by mannerisms, I mean complete crappy grasp of the English language. How do you know his age?
    PSX4Central.com Quite possibly the oldest PS community on the net

  25. #25
    The Watcher In The Wings iamthenight90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    crime alley
    Posts
    671
    PSN ID
    iamthenight90
    Rep Power
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    You got a point. The mannerisms are the same. And by mannerisms, I mean complete crappy grasp of the English language. How do you know his age?
    christopher 35 from middlesbrough
    check both of some of there posts
    i know things look bleak,
    but even the word hopeless has hope in it.
    plus if you rearange the letters it says peeslosh.
    that last part was probably unnecessary
    ~the battleblock theater narrator

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I want people to play with!
    By Lunek in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: January 27th, 2015, 08:27 AM
  2. looking for people to play crazy mode...now
    By iamthenight90 in forum Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: December 15th, 2014, 04:08 AM
  3. looking for people to play with on ps4
    By james sargent in forum PlayStation 4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 19th, 2014, 11:52 AM
  4. Looking for people to play with
    By mdcasey in forum FIFA 14
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 17th, 2014, 09:12 PM
  5. Do People Still Play Rayman Games
    By SeanM in forum PS4 Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: March 18th, 2014, 08:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •