Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Playstation Home shutting down March 31, 2015!

Back on the PS4!

Playstation Home shutting down March 31, 2015!

Not sure how many members here use Playstation Home, but Sony have announced that Playstation Home will shut its doors March 31st, 2015.

From November 12, members will not be able to make in-game content purchases. Until then, players who stick with the service will receive free content as a token of Sony's gratitude - according to Sony.
    "You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall.
    But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

Whoa that's new thanks for the update I will have to take some time to look into this.

PSN ID
    Sir_Ridge
    I spend an hour or so in PlayStation Home in like 2008... It seemed pointless. Anybody here have a more recent opinion of it?
    BizarroGoogle It's like a weird, backwards inefficient Google Search.

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger The Unlosing Ranger's Avatar
    PSN ID
    Androu1
    Oh wow, Playstation Home was still a thing!? I thought it was dead because noone used it.

Darkness

PSN ID
    Dead1y-Derri
    I used to go on PS Home back in 2008 as it was quite cool and kind of reminded me of the sims a little but it was also kind of a one trick pony kind of thing.

I might log into it though just to see what its like.

Back on the PS4!

Last I logged into it was probably a couple of months ago. It has gotten better, but the community kind of kills it as it's just a bunch of 20-30 somthings hitting on 14-15 year old girls.
    "You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall.
    But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

PSN ID
    Androu1
    Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    Last I logged into it was probably a couple of months ago. It has gotten better, but the community kind of kills it as it's just a bunch of 20-30 somthings hitting on 14-15 year old girls.
    That's kinda making me wish it was ALREADY closed! It will not be missed.
    Haze likes this.

PSN ID
    RobbieDaCool
    I've only visited PS Home once; and that was when they where giving those free games away lol

PSN ID
    Androu1
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDaCool View Post
    I've only visited PS Home once; and that was when they where giving those free games away lol
    I'm guessing a lot of people were in the same boat, honestly. There was no point to it other than that.

Darkness

PSN ID
    Dead1y-Derri
    Do they still do the big trains with that dance move that looks like everyone is being fudged from behind?

I remember seeing that when I was only 13 lol

Back on the PS4!

Quote Originally Posted by Derri View Post
    Do they still do the big trains with that dance move that looks like everyone is being fudged from behind?

I remember seeing that when I was only 13 lol
    Honestly have no idea! Ha. But that would've been funny to see.

PSN ID
    Androu1
    Does anybody have a clip of this train? It sounds ridiculous and I wanna see it.

Darkness

PSN ID
    Dead1y-Derri
    Quote Originally Posted by The Unlosing Ranger View Post
    Does anybody have a clip of this train? It sounds ridiculous and I wanna see it.
    I did try to find one on Youtube but so far I haven't found anything other than a distrusting set of comments.

PSN ID
    Androu1
    I did try to find one on Youtube but so far I haven't found anything other than a distrusting set of comments.
    Ouch, that sucks man... well, thanks for taking one for the team and going through the sea of crap to find a clip, appreciate it.

Pardon my ignorance but in all the years I've owned by PS3, I've never heard of this until now…

I can only presume it's another one of these online things – which would explain it. I've never taken my PS3 online…!

From the looks of things, it doesn't look as though I've missed out on anything anyway.

Oh well...!

Back on the PS4!

Quote Originally Posted by Haymansafc View Post
    Pardon my ignorance but in all the years I've owned by PS3, I've never heard of this until now…

I can only presume it's another one of these online things – which would explain it. I've never taken my PS3 online…!

From the looks of things, it doesn't look as though I've missed out on anything anyway.

Oh well...!
    A Playstation attempt at Second Life I would call it.

Darkness

PSN ID
    Dead1y-Derri
    Found it

Now imagine this from behind and the people standing slightly closer.

Banned
    PSN ID
    Smoggie12252013
    I might have a rough idea why i think it's because of the hackers everyday PS3's are unfairly frozen the fake moderators that's pretty disturbing Sony couldn't fully stamp it out patches for PSH would be released they just go on sites apparently so they say they claim they do hackers would be back on PSH within hours days freezing yet again they should make hackers pay for every PS3 to get fixed that is frozen by them then damaged the system

Back on the PS4!

Found it

Now imagine this from behind and the people standing slightly closer.
    Ha. That's awesome.

Darkness

PSN ID
    Dead1y-Derri
    Ha. That's awesome.
    Yeah, I saw some other seriously disturbing ones involving a women sitting on a mans lap and then texting each other on screen in the little bubbles what they were doing....disturbing to say the least.

Banned
    PSN ID
    Smoggie12252013
    Good Riddence to PSH it was always full of ignorant people the amount of times i've spoken to PSH users i know & was rudely ignored anyone else they just went into their navigator & left females i never spoke to any for fear of being called a pervert i wished for PSH to close & my wish came true so i'm a very happy bloke

Darkness

PSN ID
    Dead1y-Derri
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoggie12252013 View Post
    Good Riddence to PSH it was always full of ignorant people the amount of times i've spoken to PSH users i know & was rudely ignored anyone else they just went into their navigator & left females i never spoke to any for fear of being called a pervert i wished for PSH to close & my wish came true so i'm a very happy bloke
    To be honest it wasn't all that bad, on any media where you give people open chat access to thousands you're going to get weird and perverted people.

Back on the PS4!

Granted I've only spent a few hours on Playstation Home over the course of 3-4 years, I've had an ok experience. When people use the virtual world right, it can be great. I remember a time when me and a group of people all hung out at one of the player's virtual house. And we just spent the whole time talking about games and such. Sounds boring, but had a great time.

Unfortunately the perverts seem to out-weigh the casual PS Home "player". Especially over the past two years. It's probably best for PS Home to shut down.

But it seems like the people behind PS Home want to "start over" again with a very similar project for the, you guessed it, the PS4: NEOTOPIA!

https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.ne...-h264_high.mp4

Sniper Kitten

PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    I tried PSH a couple times. I didn't get what the point was or what it was for. From what I saw, it looked kinda dumb so I stopped going. To this day I have no idea what it was actually for, lol.
    PSX4Central.com Quite possibly the oldest PS community on the net

Banned
    PSN ID
    Smoggie12252013
    PlayStation Home will be missed by the PlayStation Community if Sony minimized the hacking activity on PSH i probably would return to it's last months of service

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast