Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: How often do you play PS3?

Moving from being a student to being in full time work changed my gaming lifestyle dramatically. I was the same as you, but now I'm lucky if I play on my PS3 an hour a week. I just don't seem to have the time any more which is a shame, but that's life I guess!

Sniper Kitten

PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    Quote Originally Posted by nealbo View Post
    Moving from being a student to being in full time work changed my gaming lifestyle dramatically. I was the same as you, but now I'm lucky if I play on my PS3 an hour a week. I just don't seem to have the time any more which is a shame, but that's life I guess!
    Seriously. That's the worst part about growing up. In college, all I did was play my PS2. Now, with a full time job and a girlfriend, I have to take it when I can get it. Girlfriends are to me the ultimate gaming killer. Though it is nice to get her into watching some of these games. She really liked Beyond and getting into the Walking Dead.
    PSX4Central.com Quite possibly the oldest PS community on the net

PSN ID
    Namja
    I try to play it everyday as I have a massive back catalog of games to complete before PS4 really kicks off with its own games library.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Now, with a full time job and a girlfriend, I have to take it when I can get it. Girlfriends are to me the ultimate gaming killer.
    It really depends on the girlfriend, but my exes generally cut into gaming time with stuff I don't care about. "You need to get a suit for so-and-so's wedding and not your funeral suit." - "So and so is a'ight, but I really don't care for so and so's fiance. It's not something I feel I should by a suit for."

"We're going out to eat with X and Y." - "...who? I know X, but who in the hell is Y?"

"A and B are coming over a bit, we're playing couples board games." - "..."

My girlfriend now is indifferent towards games overall. She prefers to play The Sims, older Sim City, and N64 in peace and I play whatever in peace. We play the N64 and PS2 wrestling games together and I watch her play The Sims but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by corporatenoun View Post
    That's $2 per level. Not for a normal video game level, but an Angry Birds level. Might as well go to Newgrounds at that point.

I've been playing PS3 less often and focusing more on PS4.

Nowadays? Well, if I'm not playing GTA V, chances are I'm not playing the PS3 at all. With as many game systems as I have, once the new iterations are released the rest become somewhat obsoleted. I imagine I'll still play the PS3 plenty in my life time but right now I'm focusing my gaming on newer releases.

PSN ID
    StarSaberSX
    I use it everyday last year before the PS4 came out. This year's been quiet because there isn't any game to play. It's been over two weeks since I've turned on my PS3, I mostly game on the PS4 now because it's a new console.

PSN ID
    bizkitdan
    Still use mine quite a bit for GTA V

I've been replaying GTA IV lately just because. So the PS3 is getting some action.
    You all forgot about me! I used be your mascot!

I'm sure if I played GTA IV and GTA V there would be a spike in PS3's attention.

Every other day. Ever since I got the PS4, its been like this. Back then, I would play the PS3 almost everyday, 24/7. But since then, its meh. Me and my friends have been playing more PC games than console games.

I actually don't play mine as much as I thought I would. It's not because there aren't a lot of games that I want to play on it, it's just that there are so many on other systems that I don't always get around to it. I have a huge backlog going all the way back to the Original Playstation. I think I'll eventually get around to playing all my PS3 games. So probably a few hours at most a day, probably 7 a week.

The only game I'm playing on the PS3 right now is Call of Duty: Ghosts. I'm waiting for the next batch of PS4 games to come out. Right now, there's not much for me to play.

PSN ID
    xToastedBagelsx
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymites View Post
    The only game I'm playing on the PS3 right now is Call of Duty: Ghosts. I'm waiting for the next batch of PS4 games to come out. Right now, there's not much for me to play.
    Why don't you play ghosts on ps4?

Quote Originally Posted by xToastedBagelsx View Post
    Why don't you play ghosts on ps4?
    All of my friends are on the PS3. Most of them don't plan on getting PS4s soon, so for now I'm sticking with the PS3. I can wait, since there aren't any must-have games for me on the PS4 at the moment.

PSN ID
    xToastedBagelsx
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymites View Post
    All of my friends are on the PS3. Most of them don't plan on getting PS4s soon, so for now I'm sticking with the PS3. I can wait, since there aren't any must-have games for me on the PS4 at the moment.
    I agree but I am taking advantage of the free ps plus games coming out for ps4. Not bad so far. If you have a ps4 you should at least take advantage of the 10 dollar upgrade thing since it ends in march.

I used to play my Playstation 3 quite often, which was probably about four times a week and was about 5 hours a day. I don't play as much as I used to because I work and go to school, which I also have a lot of studies to do after work. Plus, I only have a few games that I play over and over because I can't afford to buy video games as much as I used to.

PSN ID
    iUseaBLADEOnly
    Quote Originally Posted by pandandesign View Post
    I used to play my Playstation 3 quite often, which was probably about four times a week and was about 5 hours a day. I don't play as much as I used to because I work and go to school, which I also have a lot of studies to do after work. Plus, I only have a few games that I play over and over because I can't afford to buy video games as much as I used to.
    That's quite a rut! It's always sad to see this happen. It'll end though! Then you'll be a lot happier.

I Shall Finish The Game Dmadman72's Avatar
    PSN ID
    dmadman72
    I have been playing on it everyday for the last 2 months. I made the mistake of buying Skyrim and NHL14. Now the PS4 is just collecting dust while I either explore or score.

I've been playing everyday for the last couple of months.

I didn't play it at all last week and most of this week. I just played it yesterday and didn't stop for awhile. Luckily it was an off day.

Quote Originally Posted by corporatenoun View Post
    That's $2 per level. Not for a normal video game level, but an Angry Birds level. Might as well go to Newgrounds at that point.

I played most of last week and all of this week. It's been slow going at work so I haven't exhausted when I get home or anything.

PSN ID
    SharknadoShane
    Not as much as I should... I only had my PS3 for about 4 months before the PS4 came out, and that is all I have been playing since the Launch Date... (that, and my 3DS once in a while)

I play it on a daily basis. I like replaying my old games to try to get the platinums.

I've been playing PS3 a lot. I'd say I'm on par with my gameplay "schedule".

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast