Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube

Thread: Decisions...

Decisions...

So, I saw that PS 3 Slim 120 Gig is about $150 online which is awesome. that seems like a relatively normal price for the system now a days. Knowing who I am, and the guy that I tend to be with my games and saving them, I'm thinking about getting one of these babies and putting it away until the moment I need it, I can sell it for major bucks later or when I'm old and reliving my gaming glory days.

Decisions, great time to be a gamer, but the hardware idea is scary. So many great PS 3 titles that 10 years down the road will just be memories being resold on a PS 5 hopefully.

Back on the PS4!

Do you not have a PS3 anymore Joel? I thought you did
    "You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall.
    But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

I don't know but if you think it is a good deal and that you really want it then I guess you should get it but if you already have a PS3 already then why would you get the slim?

PS3's are indeed available for really decent/sensible money these days. What version that's sold now is substantially thinner than my old 'fat' PS3 and at around 140-180 (roughly what they're going for here in the UK, pending on the package), it makes my decision to buy early in the PS3's reign even more silly.

However if you already have a PS3 in any guise, I really don't see the point in buying a new one. I'm not! I'm determined to get my money's worth before calling it a day…! The only reason I'd buy one now would be if my PS3 broke and I had the space and intention to keep on using it once (eventually) upgrading to the PS4… Otherwise in my opinion it's going to be a bit of a waste of money, and money that would in my view better used to save up to change to the PS4.

Here's a story about my life, one of the saddest moments ever. I was playing Dragon Quest 8 on my PS 2 and was just adventuring along. The girl I was dating at the time was downstairs making dinner and there was a sudden flash of lightening. The power flickered and the PS 2 didn't come back on. I sat there and looked at it, as if my dog had been hit by a truck. The PS 3 was new and I didn't have the money I needed to get it, so I went out and got a PS 2 at the end of the week. I hooked it back up and it made me think, years down the line what will I do when there are games that I love on certain systems.

So now, I sometimes think about just buying something for the sake of having it in an emergency shelter or perhaps shrine to my nerdiness....

Sniper Kitten

PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    Joel, definitely hear what you are saying and its 100% justified. Though then again, 30 years from now, I'm sure there won't be a shortage of PS3s on ebay
    PSX4Central.com Quite possibly the oldest PS community on the net

If you're finding it cheap, and you want it, why not go ahead and pick it up? I dunno about keeping it to sell on for a profit later though. If anything the current gen of consoles, due to their level of availability are only going to go down in value.

I understand your dilema, but if it was me, I wouldn't buy it. The Playstation 3 still has the aura of being the current console, but that will only last a few months until the next gen games start dominating the scene. In a few months, you'll be stuck with an obsolete console and 150 dollars less in your pocket. Save your money and buy the new one.