• 2 Post By GregoryRasputin
  • 1 Post By Oberon
  • 1 Post By Haze
  • 1 Post By Titan
  • 3 Post By GregoryRasputin
  • 1 Post By Titan

Thread: The Complete PS3 History

The Complete PS3 History

I mentioned in my introduction thread that i have been a long time member of the PS3 scene, i think the PS3 scene is the greatest and think the PS3 is an awesome console, this led me to write a PS3 History on the PS3 form that i run, but the article got too big for the forum, so i created a website dedicated to the history of the PS3, it covers every aspect of the console, from its very first revealing, to the console being hacked, PSN getting hacked and all the game releases, if anyone is interested, the link is:

http://ps3history.net/

Cant post links due to a limit >.<, but if one was to search Google for PS3History, it should be the first result.

Hopefully me posting this here is ok, as this is the PS3 section.
    Last edited by Oberon; June 4th, 2014 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Add link
    Haze and drunkchiksrEZ like this.

The Enforcer

PSN ID
    private/PM me
    Nice,I have added the link into your post for you as I think it defo deserves it
    GregoryRasputin likes this.
    You might be eligible for site trophies! >>click here<< and >>here<< for more info.

Back on the PS4!

Very cool stuff mate
    "You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall.
    But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Nice,I have added the link into your post for you as I think it defo deserves it
    Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    Very cool stuff mate
    Thanks, i do plan to do the same for every console created

Sniper Kitten

PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    Hey. I think I speak for the entire PlayStation community when I say thank you. You did a hell of a job with the research and a well put together site. I'm gonna link this up to my PS4 site as well.

EDIT: Though if I could make one critique is that it was a little difficult to find a lot of the console history when I had to try to wade through all the hacking history. Though I must say that is some interesting stuff, lol. Keep up the good work
    Last edited by Titan; June 7th, 2014 at 10:54 AM.
    PSX4Central.com Quite possibly the oldest PS community on the net

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Hey. I think I speak for the entire PlayStation community when I say thank you. You did a hell of a job with the research and a well put together site. I'm gonna link this up to my PS4 site as well.
    Thanks, the PS3 community and the PS3 hacking scene are something i am extremely passionate about and this History is by no means anywhere near finished, i think the console has at least another three good years in it before Sony start to drift away from it, in the hacking community the interest will fade, but not fade fully, so in ten years time, hopefully i will be writing something about the history of the PS3.

Now if only i had the time and patience to start and finish all my other history sites, the hardest history site i have to work on is Retro History, which covers 1st gen to 7th gen and finding a lot of information is quite the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    EDIT: Though if I could make one critique is that it was a little difficult to find a lot of the console history when I had to try to wade through all the hacking history. Though I must say that is some interesting stuff, lol. Keep up the good work
    My main position in the PS3 community is in the PS3 hacking scene, that's were my knowledge and expertise lies and the reason that i decided to begin the PS3 History project to begin with, the first time i posted it on N4G, it got heavily ridiculed for being a "hacking history", so that's why i did a complete redo last year.

Many people don't like the hacking aspect, but without adding the history of the hacking and only adding the "good", wouldn't make it a complete history.

And it almost time to start the year 2013, so check back on the PS3's birthday for a brand new year added to the site

Finally thanks to everyone for the comments

You hack and Mod PS3s? thats badass... i always wanted to tinker with mine, but I never had the guts... It was way expensive and i just didn't think it was worth it...

Darkness

PSN ID
    Dead1y-Derri
    Just checked out the site, very impressed

The Watcher In The Wings iamthenight90's Avatar
    PSN ID
    iamthenight90
    i just want to know why last of us doesnt have its own section
    i know things look bleak,
    but even the word hopeless has hope in it.
    plus if you rearange the letters it says peeslosh.
    that last part was probably unnecessary
    ~the battleblock theater narrator

Wow, this is a blast from the past. I was REALLY into video games and G4 from around 2005-2008, and I remember that weird controller. Imagine if that's what actually came out.

Awesome website, thanks for sharing!

No doubt I think the PS3 and just about anything japanese is too cool for school...

Thanks guys for the comments, sorry for the late reply.

Sniper Kitten

PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Paine View Post
    Wow, this is a blast from the past. I was REALLY into video games and G4 from around 2005-2008, and I remember that weird controller. Imagine if that's what actually came out.

Awesome website, thanks for sharing!
    Oh god. If the boomerang actually was the controller, the third party makers would have made a killing. Or Sony would have done what Microsoft did with the original Xbox and redesigned it halfway through the generation.

I took a look at the website just now and I have realized that it has not been updated for a while. It looks like a really cool website but just that it has not been updated for a really long time. Maybe you should put some work into it and who knows maybe it could become a really good website for video gaming information.

Master Member
    ou should definitely keep up with your website. It seems like you are not posting on it anymore. Have you abandoned it? Anyways, I am a big fan of PS3 s well. In fact, the whole series of Sony's console is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by gamerteabwoi View Post
    I took a look at the website just now and I have realized that it has not been updated for a while. It looks like a really cool website but just that it has not been updated for a really long time. Maybe you should put some work into it and who knows maybe it could become a really good website for video gaming information.
    Quote Originally Posted by wowtgp View Post
    ou should definitely keep up with your website. It seems like you are not posting on it anymore. Have you abandoned it? Anyways, I am a big fan of PS3 s well. In fact, the whole series of Sony's console is amazing.
    Thanks guys for reading it, it was last updated on November the 11th 2013, it also says this on the main page
    • Each new version will contain a new year, so v2.0 will include the entire year off 2013, v3.0 will include 2014.
    • Each new version will have additional information for each year, bits i have missed out or forgotten about.
    • Each new version will be released on the PS3′s birthday on 11th of November.

I have not abandoned it and will never abandon it, it is far too important to me, i want people to know the full and complete life of the PS3, so in about 5 years when they stop producing it i will still be writing about it

That being said, i have been extremely busy with moving from a website i ran for 6+ years, to creating my own, but i will take the entire month of October and complete 2013.
    And instead of waiting 11 months to start the next segment, i will add bits each month that will remain hidden to the following release
    Last edited by GregoryRasputin; September 9th, 2014 at 04:48 AM.

It's really good to know there are still some people interested in the history of things worth while. Most people don't have the curiosity needed to find out what's the story behind all the things they use everyday- but they sure love to find out the history behind every Jersey Shore character. This is why most people are getting dumber everyday.

Nice site. I think the PS3 has a solid history and has established itself as one of the greatest consoles ever.

Here's a link to the entire history of PlayStation. Spanning the original PlayStation to PS4.
    Last edited by IraqCombatVet; October 17th, 2014 at 04:43 PM.

Updated the complete year 2013 and done all the Firmware and game releases of 2014, will finish it later.
    Also Happy Birthday PS3
    Haze, Oberon and Titan like this.

Sniper Kitten

PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    Hey just checked it out. Looking good man. Keep up the good work And keep us updated as new things are added.

very cool thanks