Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Do you use Playstation Plus

Do you use Playstation Plus

How many of you are subscribers of Playstation Plus?

This is about the only thing keeping my PS3 alive at the moment. In the last couple of months I have been able to play Bioshock Infinite and Arkham City. I think I will keep my PS3 active as long as there are new Playstation Plus games that I am interested, which from the look of the recent releases should still be quite a while.

PSN ID
    Sir_Ridge
    I've had PS+ for years now. It is really great, not even just for the free games. The sales are great as well. It's been maybe a little lacking on the PS4 for far, but with the library they have I feel like they are doing what they can. Still possibly the best $50 a year you can spend on gaming.

The Enforcer

PSN ID
    private/PM me
    I only bought PS+ when I bought my PS4,so yeah,Ive had it since PS4 launch.Plus a few 1 month trial periods.
    I still have my PS3 so ofcourse its handy that it covers PS4,PS3 and Vita.
    You might be eligible for site trophies! >>click here<< and >>here<< for more info.

I think the service and price are great, but I haven't had it in a while. Mostly my PS3 is being used as a blueray player now, but if I decide to buy a PS4 I'm sure I'd get PS+ with it.

PSN ID
    Spokey-Who
    Oh, PS+
    Oh, PS+
    Oh, PS+
    Baby, I love you, PS+

I like the way you walk
    I like the way you talk
    I like the way you walk
    I like the way you talk, PS+

Oh, say that you'll be true
    And never leave me blue, PS+

Oh, say that you'll be mine
    Baby, all the time, PS+

Oh, PS+
    Oh, PS+
    Oh, PS+
    Baby, I love you, PS+

I like the way you walk
    I like the way you talk
    I like the way you walk
    I like the way you talk, PS+

Oh, PS+
    Oh, PS+
    Oh, PS+
    Baby, I love you, PS+
    Yorf likes this.

------------------------------------------------------
    [ READING TODAY FOR A BETTER TOMORROW ]

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger The Unlosing Ranger's Avatar
    PSN ID
    Androu1
    I got PS+ for my Vita. The amount of game I had for PS3 made me decide it was about time I grabbed a PS3, along with the upcoming Persona 5 and such.

PS+ is love, PS+ is life.

PSN ID
    BALIWKABA
    If you are going to switch to the Ps4, PS+ Subscription is a big plus, trust me. Having PS+ is just great, free games, offers and stuff. No wonder they named it PS+, because all you get are benefits for a small price tag.

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger The Unlosing Ranger's Avatar
    PSN ID
    Androu1
    Quote Originally Posted by abcdefghijun View Post
    No wonder they named it PS+, because all you get are benefits for a small price tag.
    That's what's so great about it, it's a lot of benefits with the Instant Game Collection and discounts alone and it's pretty cheap for everything it offers.

PSN ID
    alexiskilgannon
    I do not have PS+, but I want it more than anything on my list of "things I do not need." I have looked countless times at the list of free games, benefits, etc. I think it is entirely worth it and I cannot wait to look into it more and finally make the purchase.

PSN ID
    BALIWKABA
    Quote Originally Posted by The Unlosing Ranger View Post
    That's what's so great about it, it's a lot of benefits with the Instant Game Collection and discounts alone and it's pretty cheap for everything it offers.
    One of the reasons why I love the Playstation and PS+. Not once did I regret subscribing to it. Worth it.

PSN ID
    Toroca
    Literally the only reason I don't (yet) is because I live in Australia -- just the instant game collection would use up almost my entire download cap for the month. It's great value for money, and the discounts pay for themselves even outside of the free stuff, but I can't justify it when I can't actually take advantage of most of the things offered.

When I have a PS4 of my own, instead of just bumming off my mate, then I'll subscribe. I like multiplayer too much to go without it, and as much as I balked at the idea of paying for something that used to be free, PS+ as a whole doesn't feel like a ripoff. I'm glad they didn't head down the Microsoft route with their subscription service.

I've never once hooked up my PS3 to the internet and therefore have never had a Playstation Plus account.

I do intend on using the internet as and when I do upgrade to the PS4 but I'm really not interested in subscriptions. I just don't have the disposable income and I know for a fact with the relatively limited use it would get, it really wouldn't be worth it. Multiplayers don't really interest me as I have no friends to play with, I'm not a fan of the tidal wave of FPS games on the market and all I'd be interested in would be the odd DLC of games I have on disc and perhaps the odd Indie Title. I rarely buy more than three or four games a year these days…!

Now, if there was a 'pay as you go' option…

I know you do get lots of perks with having a Playstation Plus account and I accept that. However, how can anything you get from it be 'free' when you've had to pay (and keep on paying) for a subscription to get them in the first place…?! Apologies if that sounds a bit pedantic but it's a valid question!

Now, I'm lead to believe you can get online without resorting to a subscription but I do need some clarification on what you can actually do without a fee.

PSN ID
    Sir_Ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymansafc View Post
    I know you do get lots of perks with having a Playstation Plus account and I accept that. However, how can anything you get from it be 'free' when you've had to pay (and keep on paying) for a subscription to get them in the first place…?! Apologies if that sounds a bit pedantic but it's a valid question!
    They are free with the subscription, not completely free. It's just another perk. Plus every week they add at least one game on some playform. So if you but a year of PS+ for $49.99 you are kind of paying less than a dollar per game for the year. Once you've had it for a couple years you could easily have access to over 100 games for the same price.

Just do the math PS+ is less than $5 a month, and the second you sign up you get access to 10ish games. It very close to free..

I was using PS Plus, but stop because I put other bills first. I was not much to pay for but I realize my nephew was benefiting from it more than me. I did like the access to free games and downloading the whole game. Without it, it does seem pointless to have a PS3, but I plan on getting PS Plus back. But it will be the yearly price this time.

PSN ID
    frankmarco
    No not really. I don't really use online features unless for trophies. So if I have to pay for it don't count on me

PSN ID
    dmagic03
    Being new to PS4.. any thing really awesome about ps+ worth talking about?

PSN ID
    Sir_Ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by FonterelliD View Post
    Being new to PS4.. any thing really awesome about ps+ worth talking about?
    On PS4 specifically, no, not yet. Nothing really. A free game here or there. Give it time. I've gotten more free PS3 and Vita games than I could ever hope to have enough time to play..
    BizarroGoogle It's like a weird, backwards inefficient Google Search.

I presonally do not have the need for PS+. I am not on my PS3 enough and the benefits just wouldn't make up for the money spent. It would be nice though to get the occasional discount, but you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Sniper Kitten

PSN ID
    flightlessbeaker
    The one question I have regarding PS+, if I get it for the PS4, is it good too with my PS3?
    PSX4Central.com Quite possibly the oldest PS community on the net

PSN ID
    Sir_Ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    The one question I have regarding PS+, if I get it for the PS4, is it good too with my PS3?
    It will work for your PS3,PS4 and your Vita if you have one. Sony is good about linking everything together.
    BizarroGoogle It's like a weird, backwards inefficient Google Search.

PS+ is very much worth it, even if just for the free games every month, it pays for itself very easily every time.

If you play a variety of games and don't have much of a backlog, then yes, PS+ is absolutely worth it. If you're like me, and replay a lot, it's probably not a sure thing, but still worth it. I love having it.

PSN ID
    Neuezielmk35
    I use PS+ plus but I don't really know if its worth it, I just have excess money to burn on it so I signed up. IMO its not that great.

I haven't really used it but I think it would be great to use and I am going to start using it in the future to get my games.

PSN ID
    theArkatect
    Compared to XBL, PS+ is a much better value IMHO.. The free game downloads are a nice touch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast