Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube

Games I Do Not Recommend

I primarily suggest you stay away from the failed version of GTA, Sleeping Dogs. Yeah, this game has a lot of similarities with GTA.
    My other not so good games:
    Sonic 2006
    Resident Evil 6 and Operations Raccoon City
    Lair
    Terminator Salvation
    Alien Coronel Marines
    Duke Nukem Forever

I thought Sleeping Dogs (from what I've played of it) was pretty good. Sure it's similar to GTA and Batman Akrham's combat, but I love the setting and don't find it bad at all.

I do agree with terminator Salvation and Alien Colonial Marines. Horrible!

Another game to avoid for me is Turning Point: Fall of Liberty. Great premise, horrible execution!

I agree with Sonic 2006, and Resident Evil 6 I kind of enjoyed Duke Nukem Forever. The rest I can't really comment on because well I've never played them.

I enjoyed Sleeping Dogs, but I thought DNF was rubbish. Another game that absolutely sucked that you haven't mentioned is MindJack. Oh God, it was abysmal.

I have not played most of the games you listed, however I am surprised about your choice of Resident Evil. What was it it about RE that you found so bad? I honestly think the series has gone steadily downhill, but I still found it enjoyable. There is certainly room for improvement though.

Why don't you like Sonic? The game was fantastic (at least on my end) but there were a ton of glitches. The gameplay was decent, and the music was pretty good.

Professional Escapologist BlackSolaris's Avatar
    Aside from the tons of DLC it got, i really enjoyed Sleeping Dogs for what it tried, and i expect a GOTY version, or maybe a sequel.

For me, i wouldn't recommend Lair. Goddammit, how can a PS3 exclusive title can be so bad. The controls are so horrible!

I'd recommend people who played the first Duke Nukem to play the sequel, just to see how they changed the game. Plus, I don't really see why so much hate for Duke Nukem Forever, what did you expect? It's an ok-ish game, not 5 star but not a rubbish one either.

Agree with all of OP's choices, also SOCOM: US NAVY SEALS CONFRONTATION, the game is absolutely terrible.

Sleeping dogs was actually pretty good. I think to many people just compare games like that to GTA. Even though, Rockstar made those type of games popular doesn't mean you can just downgrade a game because it is similar.

I would add most if not all Madden NFL games and the most recent NBA Live game.

Quote Originally Posted by danealegana View Post
    I primarily suggest you stay away from the failed version of GTA, Sleeping Dogs. Yeah, this game has a lot of similarities with GTA.
    My other not so good games:
    Sonic 2006
    Resident Evil 6 and Operations Raccoon City
    Lair
    Terminator Salvation
    Alien Coronel Marines
    Duke Nukem Forever
    I actually liked Sleeping Dogs. I agree with you on Sonic 2006 though. I wish I could go back in time and stop myself from buying that game. I didn't play the other games you mentioned. I'd heard from some friends that Resident Evil 6 wasn't bad though. what didn't you like about it?

Quote Originally Posted by carclain View Post
    Agree with all of OP's choices, also SOCOM: US NAVY SEALS CONFRONTATION, the game is absolutely terrible.
    I thought Socom Confrontation was pretty good I had some good times playing that,it was just the community that sucked there seemed to be more Aholes on there than any other game I have seen, the fact that you could be kicked at anytime meant that a lot of team politics went on.

Thanks for sharing!