Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Does WiFi give you a headache?

Does WiFi give you a headache?

This might sound a little strange to some people, but I am convinced that when using WiFi it results in a headache for me. Of course you have to remember that signals that are usually contained within a cable are now passing through the entire home and also through you too, but of course you cannot see them. I have recently switched to an Ethernet cable (which was a bit of hassle since my modem is downstairs and my PS3 is upstairs). I have not had a headache while playing games online since. Has anyone else experienced a headache whilst playing online wirelessly?

Honestly, the only thing I can think is that during the time you were using Wifi, you were probably just experiencing some migraines or things of that like. Assuming it's because of the "Invisible Connection" flying through the air, then you'd always be experiencing these headaches, seeing as no matter where you go, you're surrounded by Wifi. You're phone (If you have a smart phone) is connected using Wi-fi, along with any tablets in your house. If you have a laptop that isn't connected through a hard line, same thing. The neighbor next door could be using Wifi. Simply put, there's absolutely no medical documentation of Wifi giving people headaches, so there's no other explanation then something else causing it.

In a different aspect though, Wifi gives me a headache with how unreliable and slow it is. I always prefer using a hard line as it gives me a better connection and faster download speeds while on my PlayStation 3.
    Sekelani likes this.

Unless you are a cyborg, no. Wifi can not affect your body in any way. They're just radio waves going through the air. Now, if you said you could HEAR Wifi, it may be a bit more believable. When I was younger, I could hear the old CTR TVs and Monitors. But seriously, you most likely had this your entire life.

-Goo

No, I haven't had anything like that.

Can it happy though?

It is a possibility.

I don't know, but I get headaches just randomly every now and again. It's very frustrating... but gaming, especially for hours on end with my little brother, contributes especially significantly to these headaches. It sucks, but there is usually something that actually causes it, rather than just blaming it on the "WiFi".

Never heard of such a thing... Getting headaches from wi-fi, lol! Maybe you got the air conditioning on for too much, that really gives you insane headaches! Or from concentrating too much, staying in front of a screen for many hours without breaks, these things really do cause bad headaches. But, wi-fi does not.

Don't you think it may be some other cause maybe? WiFi out of all things?
    Could be the air, could you you playing too long, dehydrated maybe?

It could be just a migraine ozadin. Like I said, go to a doctor and have them check it out next time it happens. Go immediately! Do not pass Go! Do not collect 200 dollars!

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoosoodude View Post
    Do not collect 200 dollars!
    Well, let's not be too hasty here. Passing go and Collecting a nice $200 wouldn't be too bad, especially if the Doctor decides he needs an MRI and he has to pay for it. Plus, if nothing's wrong, he could use that $200 to get a beastly Router and a lengthy Ethernet Cord so he doesn't have to worry about them anymore!~

I have been using Wi-Fi in my home for about 12 years now and I haven't experienced any headaches. Maybe you are getting headaches from using your Wi-Fi. I consider getting another router or go to a doctor and inform them about this problem that you're having. This is my first time hearing something like this happening to someone.

I find it unlikely that the WiFi was causing it. It may just be a weird coincidence, which is the best explanation I can think of. I sometimes get headaches for no reason whatsoever so it's hard to say where exactly they're coming from.

I'm the exact kind of person that would be paranoid about Wifi messing with my head, but I've never had any ill effects that I attribute to it. I find it pretty unlikely that it would be the case and would definitely consider other culprits.

No, wifi does not cause headaches. I have a pocket wifi. I bring it with me everywhere I go (i put it in my pocket or in my bag) and I have never experienced any headaches or dizziness. I don't know what caused your headache but wifi definitely ain't it.

Professional Escapologist BlackSolaris's Avatar
    It is possible, just like how mobile phones can do the same, even if it doesn't affect everyone.

Unless you are a cyborg, no. Wifi can not affect your body in any way. They're just radio waves going through the air. Now, if you said you could HEAR Wifi, it may be a bit more believable. When I was younger, I could hear the old CTR TVs and Monitors. But seriously, you most likely had this your entire life.

-Goo
    Funny, i still have that problem of hearing the low frequencies of electronics, it's really annoying.

I use Wifi and never had any issues. My WIFI router is located on the second floor of my house and my ps3 is located on the first floor. I usually have two cell phones connected to the WIFI at the same time as my ps3 and I've never had any issues.

I haven't experienced this, but in all honesty, I haven't really tried using cables for all my gadgets either. It would be especially hard since there are now tablets and smartphones that can only utilize WiFi, but I'll have to give this a try since I do in fact get migraines from time to time. I am doubtful that wifi would be the cause, but it's surely worth a shot, I think.

I never knew Wi-Fi was negative to your body in any way. I can't see headaches being caused by Wi-Fi. Although I am having a moment where I start thinking about something and it starts to happen. Like right now I feel like a headache is coming on to me lol. Probably because I am thinking about it like that.

PSN ID
    BioL
    It used too since I had a rather large wall between my router and the PS3, so after some months I decided to get a 10 m ethernet cable and since then playing online is just more pleasant than before, and the cable wasn't that expensive so definitely worth the investment. Since I don't move the console much it doesn't really bother me.

PSN ID
    XxMuffinxX
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggaJungle View Post
    This might sound a little strange to some people, but I am convinced that when using WiFi it results in a headache for me. Of course you have to remember that signals that are usually contained within a cable are now passing through the entire home and also through you too, but of course you cannot see them. I have recently switched to an Ethernet cable (which was a bit of hassle since my modem is downstairs and my PS3 is upstairs). I have not had a headache while playing games online since. Has anyone else experienced a headache whilst playing online wirelessly?

So to answer your question no I never have, but I must ask. You say WiFi gives you a headache right? And that every where you go and people are using WiFi it's running through your body. So do you get a headache at Starbucks? What about McDonald's? I'm not trying to doubt you by any means, but a lot of stores have free WiFi that people use all day long! Have you hooked your phone up to your WiFi and gotten a headache that way as well? Or you computer? Have you ever thought maybe it's your router and not just WiFi in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Shana View Post
    So to answer your question no I never have, but I must ask. You say WiFi gives you a headache right? And that every where you go and people are using WiFi it's running through your body. So do you get a headache at Starbucks? What about McDonald's? I'm not trying to doubt you by any means, but a lot of stores have free WiFi that people use all day long! Have you hooked your phone up to your WiFi and gotten a headache that way as well? Or you computer? Have you ever thought maybe it's your router and not just WiFi in general?
    I'm still not entirely sure, it could be electronic appliances in general that I'm sensitive too but I've noticed no ill effects since switching from WiFi to ethernet cable. All electronic products are giving out radiation whether people realise it or not, and I think most people don't. I suspect WiFi to be particularly severe like this, and the many tests I've seen on this also back me up. I don't really go into Macdonalds or Starbucks very often, but you are right WiFi is pretty much everywhere now so it's hard to say for sure if this was the cause.

I never actually expected that the title would be literal. Aha.

So far, I have never experienced such. Even if I don't have a PS3, I'm pretty sure that we have the same technology in terms of wifi. I also believe that these signals have little to no effect to our bodies.

-Goo
    Ive heard that said before, i believe its because of the electronics they used inside and the materiaal they used to create the picture. Can you hear plasma TV's as well?

Yeah, I think this is a placebo-like effect. Were wi-fi able to give you a headache, you couldn't go anywhere these days. Think about it. Even if they're closed networks, they are everywhere -- restaurants, hotels, coffeeshops, just about any business or neighborhood you find yourself in has wi-fi signals bouncing all over the place.

Like many people have already said, if it really was the wifi that was giving you all the headaches, then you would get them even if you weren't playing on your PS3. The signal is there, whether your console is running or not, as long as your router is enabled. The most usual cause of a headache is dehydration. It happens to me quite often, I usually forget that I haven't had a glass of water for a few hours, and assuming that you got the headaches 2-3 months ago, it could be due to the summer heat dehydrating your body at a faster rate. I hope this helps

PSN ID
    aladar42
    I'm *pretty* sure that all the different waves you have in your life have little to no effect on human body. I mean, sure, it's still being researched, so I may have to eat those words someday, but I find it highly improbable that your body would react to WiFi signals, while being okay with telephone waves, radio waves, natural radiation, cellphone signals, and other things that are flying around nowadays.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast